Is it hot in here? OFFICIAL HOT SAUCE BREAD

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

haleyann wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:47 pm

Nope :( checked their site for that too. Some small town up by Yosemite, and then South Tahoe. That's all they have for best coasters.
road trip!
:notbad:

There's a company in Portland called Thrive that makes supposedly good sauces. They have a restaurant too. Have you had that? I've heard good things about adding their special sauce to burgers. I think their Awesomely Special Sauce is more on the heat spectrum that we're talking in here.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 pm
haleyann wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:08 pm

road trip!

There's a company in Portland called Thrive that makes supposedly good sauces. They have a restaurant too. Have you had that? I've heard good things about adding their special sauce to burgers. I think their Awesomely Special Sauce is more on the heat spectrum that we're talking in here.
I've seen their sauces in stores but I haven't tried them yet. I know they have a food cart, not sure about an actual restaurant. I'll pick up some sauce and let you know!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

i like hot sauce.

Std. Tabasco is my go to. The chipotle is amaze too.

for chicken wings texas pete buffalo.

I dont buy alot of seperate types of sauce per say, but i likes me some heat in teh foodz
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I am not a fan of heat in my foods. Flavor yes; pain no.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm Oh boy I have a lot of hot sauce.

Everyday sauce: Texas Pete and sometimes classic Tobasco

I love habanero sauce, but my favorite is Hoboken Eddie F/N Hot https://www.amazon.com/F-N-Hot/dp/B013TDB1X4

Other Habanero: El Yucateco, Marie Sharps, and Melinda's

Favorite Serrano is Yellowbird
I've gone tit:tat with you via hot stuff. (The ramen place in Louisville)
I'm not sure I'm in the same league, yet.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
I dont buy alot of seperate types of sauce per say, but i likes me some heat in teh foodz
:dat:

I normally get hot food out vs making it at home. Indian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Mexicant, murican bbq, spicy stuff that isn't too hot to taste like pain is great.

At home all I do is add diced :jalepenis: to stuff. For whatever reason I don't like the flavor of habanero. Ghost peppers are good too but only in small doses, IMO they taste like spicier :jalepenis: with the same flavor.

Maybe I'll get a hot sauce next time I go to the store.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:58 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 pm I am not a fan of heat in my foods. Flavor yes; pain no.
You've got enough heat on your head.
:dat: Can't go playing with more fire.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

haleyann wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 pm

I've seen their sauces in stores but I haven't tried them yet. I know they have a food cart, not sure about an actual restaurant. I'll pick up some sauce and let you know!
Oh yeah.. food cart, not restaurant. Was derping at work.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I love hot sauce. I have a few jars of Habanero Honey Mustard from the Savannah Bee Company/Bowtie
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 pm I am not a fan of heat in my foods. Flavor yes; pain no.
Mostly :dat:

The food I grew up eating - Greek mostly- isn't really spicy hot. Flavorful, yes, but not a lot of heat generally speaking. I like most Messican flavors and spices :doe: so I'm not a total :pussy: in that regard but I'm not nearly as into it as you all seem to be. I do add a bit of hot :sawce: to my :meat: loaf when I make it but I'm not even sure what exactly I use. I'll have to check at home tonight.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I fired up my dinner concoction last night. pineapple teriyaki chicken meat balls. Tossed with a balsamic/oil mixed greens. Melted some white cheddar onto a flour tortilla.

Dabbed each meatball with sciracia and topped wit :millennial: Truff sauce.

Was super good. The wife wouldnt take any hot suace on hers doe. She dont do spicy. Heat was super balanced and only lingered a few minutes after dinner.

Would eat again. 5/7
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I sometimes to go to the korean market and get a whole bunch of chilli sauces that are usually spicy
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

the secret aardvark brings on the heat. good balance of texmex flavor with some heat. It cover my whole tongue on the first bit and the heat is staying around. Def not bad. No carbs too, glad there is no sugar added.

https://www.hotsauce.com/secret-aardvar ... hot-sauce/
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Fun Fact.....my brother goes out to Vegas a few times a year for trade shows (he is upper Middle (or lower Upper) management for JLG (lifts) and he is a baller texas hold 'em player (I am not so bad myself).

On one trip he was at the table with the heir to the McIlhenny Tabasco fortune. The ended up becoming friends (albeit short lived) and for about a year they hung out anytime my bro was out there. Usually high end tittie bars where the guy sent a limo.
Apex

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:11 pm Fun Fact.....my brother goes out to Vegas a few times a year for trade shows (he is upper Middle (or lower Upper) management for JLG (lifts) and he is a baller texas hold 'em player (I am not so bad myself).

On one trip he was at the table with the heir to the McIlhenny Tabasco fortune. The ended up becoming friends (albeit short lived) and for about a year they hung out anytime my bro was out there. Usually high end tittie bars where the guy sent a limo.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Irish wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:11 pm Fun Fact.....my brother goes out to Vegas a few times a year for trade shows (he is upper Middle (or lower Upper) management for JLG (lifts) and he is a baller texas hold 'em player (I am not so bad myself).

This is made at Avery Island, not far south of me.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm

friend of mine at UL was actually born on the island lol. her mom is high up in the family.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:33 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:58 pm

friend of mine at UL was actually born on the island lol. her mom is high up in the family.
Oh snap. Was he born in the :salt: mines there? Because he could be your :salt: friend to go with your :salt: brother!
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Oh snap. Was he born in the :salt: mines there? Because he could be your :salt: friend to go with your :salt: brother!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:50 pm

nope. twas a her. and she has a twin sister. They cool.