Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Overnight bag.

Sent from my toaster using Crapatalk

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:31 pm

I'm flexible on the definition. I just haven't found luggage that I LOVE, so I await the infomercial.
Gonna type this out on my laptop then post the pics via crapa. So the first pic is my old school carry on, made by Andiamo, a company founded by a group of mountain climbers in California. Sadly, they went out of business several years ago. I bought this thing for $150 at a luggage store closeout sale in the spring of 1989. It was about half price which was pretty :troywax: back in the 80's. Built in the days before wheelies were a thing, the lack of rolling chassis and retractable handle makes for maximum interior volume. I have lived out of this thing for 7-10 day European trips, cruises, etc. I can fit a full suit in it easily along with a week's + worth of clothes. The secret weapon is the 2 large straps you can see. They're the same straps and buckles used by the Swedish military, or so said the 1980's brochure. All I know is the hardware is strong as fuck. Anyway, those 2 straps wrap around the bag and when cinched tight squeeze everything down and guarantee the bag will fit into the carry on dimension test thingie no matter how much I stuff it. Granted, the lack of rolling capability can sometimes be a pain, but I usually strap the handle to the wife's wheelie and pull both bags with mine hanging off of hers. This bag has been rained on while sitting on a tarmac and hung out the back of an open taxi trunk in the rain and my clothes remained dry. It's been to Europe over 2 dozen times in addition to many, many other trips in the last 3 decades and it does not show any wear, and I am not gentle with it.

The second, smaller bag is an over night bag by the same company, built in the same :massles: manner with the same over-engineered straps, buckles, zippers, etc. I use this one for 1-3 day short trips, long weekends, etc. Not as old as the other bag, it's still 23 years old and also looks like I bought it yesterday.

I'll most likely never have to buy myself any luggage before I die unless they get stolen or burned in a fire or something. I also own a simple duffel bag, little toiletry kit that also goes with me on all my trips, and a full size suitcase that I've only used maybe 3-4 times since I hate to check any bags so it usually stays home.

These 2 bags are probably some of the best purchases I've ever made since even though they're 2 and 3 decades old they'll probably outlive me.
Quoting this so it's on the same page as the pics.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm Carry on

Dat swiss tag, too bad they’re donezo
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm
wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm Carry on

SwissAir is donezo? :wat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Not exactly donezo, owned by lufthansa
Perhaps i should’ve said in a different way oh well. Time to fly lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 pm
wap wrote:
Not exactly donezo, owned by lufthansa
Perhaps i should’ve said in a different way oh well. Time to fly lololol

Didn't realize they were bought by LH.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Damn I never venture in here... (off topic) I love highish end audio.... speakers... headphones etc. Working with some of it now professionally and love it!

Well lets see what else... I love snow... all things snow... and I love cold, one of my fav things is sub 32F weather.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 am Damn I never venture in here... (off topic) I love highish end audio.... speakers... headphones etc. Working with some of it now professionally and love it!

Well lets see what else... I love snow... all things snow... and I love cold, one of my fav things is sub 32F weather.
:lolol: fuck that. Way too cold. I pretty much stay inside if the temp dips below 55 and/or it is raining. Its 52 at the beach right now with a very chilly wind. I’m nice and toasty in an electrical room staying warm!
Last edited by NeonJonny on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:40 pm Does friends doe, and coffee and lastly my brother. Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:hai:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 am Damn I never venture in here... (off topic) I love highish end audio.... speakers... headphones etc. Working with some of it now professionally and love it!

Is that the Russian in you that loves the cold, or just that cali never has seasons? Damn I would have never guessed you love the cold. You're always broadcasting the perfect weather scenario in the Bay Area.

You take winter trips to Tahoe, etc or nah? Ski?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

That one time recently we got snow.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I had to go find the good ones.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:Damn I never venture in here... (off topic) I love highish end audio.... speakers... headphones etc. Working with some of it now professionally and love it!

I didn't know you were into sound. :notbad:

What do you use for a home stereo?

It's been single digits F here all week with about a foot of snow on the ground, you should move up here.
Last edited by troyguitar on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Meet in mammoth for a weekend of snowboarding sometime?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 am

Is that the Russian in you that loves the cold, or just that cali never has seasons? Damn I would have never guessed you love the cold. You're always broadcasting the perfect weather scenario in the Bay Area.

You take winter trips to Tahoe, etc or nah? Ski?
Most Russians hate the cold. I’m the weird one ...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:45 pm
wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Gonna type this out on my laptop then post the pics via crapa. So the first pic is my old school carry on, made by Andiamo, a company founded by a group of mountain climbers in California. Sadly, they went out of business several years ago. I bought this thing for $150 at a luggage store closeout sale in the spring of 1989. It was about half price which was pretty :troywax: back in the 80's. Built in the days before wheelies were a thing, the lack of rolling chassis and retractable handle makes for maximum interior volume. I have lived out of this thing for 7-10 day European trips, cruises, etc. I can fit a full suit in it easily along with a week's + worth of clothes. The secret weapon is the 2 large straps you can see. They're the same straps and buckles used by the Swedish military, or so said the 1980's brochure. All I know is the hardware is strong as fuck. Anyway, those 2 straps wrap around the bag and when cinched tight squeeze everything down and guarantee the bag will fit into the carry on dimension test thingie no matter how much I stuff it. Granted, the lack of rolling capability can sometimes be a pain, but I usually strap the handle to the wife's wheelie and pull both bags with mine hanging off of hers. This bag has been rained on while sitting on a tarmac and hung out the back of an open taxi trunk in the rain and my clothes remained dry. It's been to Europe over 2 dozen times in addition to many, many other trips in the last 3 decades and it does not show any wear, and I am not gentle with it.

The second, smaller bag is an over night bag by the same company, built in the same :massles: manner with the same over-engineered straps, buckles, zippers, etc. I use this one for 1-3 day short trips, long weekends, etc. Not as old as the other bag, it's still 23 years old and also looks like I bought it yesterday.

I'll most likely never have to buy myself any luggage before I die unless they get stolen or burned in a fire or something. I also own a simple duffel bag, little toiletry kit that also goes with me on all my trips, and a full size suitcase that I've only used maybe 3-4 times since I hate to check any bags so it usually stays home.

These 2 bags are probably some of the best purchases I've ever made since even though they're 2 and 3 decades old they'll probably outlive me.
5/7 luggage Ron. Zipper size matters.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 pm
wap wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:45 pm

5/7 luggage Ron. Zipper size matters.
Indeed. Zippers, straps, buckles, all hardware in general makes a big difference. I should have also mentioned, the bags, being built in the days before carbon fiber was commercially available, are made of ballistic nylon, essentially bullet proof vest material, though in fewer layers than :narc: s wear.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

wap wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:54 pm
datgrundle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:59 pm I've been away. Whats so gloomy?
The shutdown of the Grundle Factory. :iono:
I started a new job! I'm now a national trainer for my corporation and have spent the last 4 weeks working almost non stop to get a new section of the company trained and moving forward.
wap

datgrundle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:31 pm
wap wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:54 pm

The shutdown of the Grundle Factory. :iono:
I started a new job! I'm now a national trainer for my corporation and have spent the last 4 weeks working almost non stop to get a new section of the company trained and moving forward.
:nice: Grats on the new job!
Hopefully you can resume production at The Factory one of these days.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:42 pm
datgrundle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Time permitting yes. I operate off a work laptop now and Im not going to access poon pages on it this is now restricted to when my wife works nights. be patient
Apex
Drives: Abominable

datgrundle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Time permitting yes. I operate off a work laptop now and Im not going to access poon pages on it this is now restricted to when my wife works nights. be patient
Good to see you Grundie!
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Good to see you Grundie!
Same. I still need to put together a tri-state DFD drinking party at my house in 2019. Maybe you and Zil can help?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

datgrundle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:39 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Good to see you Grundie!
Same. I still need to put together a tri-state DFD drinking party at my house in 2019. Maybe you and Zil can help?
How ever I can bro! Just let me know.
wap

Completely understandable.