OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Last week we saw this guy at our local music venue. He was :mindblown: Anyone into blues needs to check him out if he comes by you.

EDIT:

Stupid link to NPR being stupid.

Christone Kingfish Ingram. Ridiculous.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:14 am

good. I wasn't worried.

(i was a little worried)
Did you see this?

https://www.newark.com/search?st=amzkit
yea, seems too good to be true.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Weird pet peeve of mine: people pulling their food out of the microwave early and then not clearing the remaining time off the clock.

Did your food really only need 59 seconds instead of the full minute you put it in for? Why can’t you just push the stop/clear button after you take your food out?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:26 pm Weird pet peeve of mine: people pulling their food out of the microwave early and then not clearing the remaining time off the clock.

Did your food really only need 59 seconds instead of the full minute you put it in for? Why can’t you just push the stop/clear button after you take your food out?
My company took care of that issue...there are no microwaves.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:26 pm Weird pet peeve of mine: people pulling their food out of the microwave early and then not clearing the remaining time off the clock.

Cold lunch for the poverty boys.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm
If you want a hot lunch, go buy it from the cafeteria.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:butwhy:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm

I thought you were supposed to heat it up on top of the shaker hood? :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 pm
No microwaves or refrigerators. I assume it's a cost cutting measure? It's apparently been like this for years.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm
Oh, right!

Hellkitteh supercharger should work well for reheating my leftovers...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh, right!

Dem :burnout: lunch warmers... :lol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm I thought you were supposed to heat it up on top of the shaker hood? :iono:
Oh, right!

Can't afford not to buy one, it'll save you $5 a day on lunch.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm

No microwaves or refrigerators. I assume it's a cost cutting measure? It's apparently been like this for years.
lol what the shit no fridges either? :gay:

Can your building's electric not take it? We blow breakers occasionally if a microwave is running while someone is making a pot of coffee.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

sounds like a slob prevention method. People dont cover their food or clean microwave. People don't remove their food after 5 weeks of rotting in the fridge.

But that would be a real aggravation of mine if I wanted to bring my lunch.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Oh, right!

Can't afford not to buy one, it'll save you $5 a day on lunch.
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Can your building's electric not take it? We blow breakers occasionally if a microwave is running while someone is making a pot of coffee.
I work in the 2nd largest building in the country outside of the Pentagon. The place wasn't designed with normal break areas in mind. Fridges and microwaves, there's not even a place for them.

It actually feels like a mall inside. Lots of open light, tons of cafes and "food courts" to get food at. Most people don't bring lunch, they just buy it.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 pm
sounds like a slob prevention method. People dont cover their food or clean microwave. People don't remove their food after 5 weeks of rotting in the fridge.

I bring my lunch every day because :scrooge: I just eat it at nearly room temp ZFG. I haven't died yet.
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I bring my lunch now that we have a new wonderful cafeteria operator that puts out rotting lettuce in the salad bar and charges $12 for tendies and tater tots.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm

I work in the 2nd largest building in the country outside of the Pentagon. The place wasn't designed with normal break areas in mind. Fridges and microwaves, there's not even a place for them.

It actually feels like a mall inside. Lots of open light, tons of cafes and "food courts" to get food at. Most people don't bring lunch, they just buy it.
Shame they can't find any room for a fridge.
SAWCE

Inb4 the fat shaming lawsuit with these subliminal hints for everyone to only eat salads for lunch.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Shame they can't find any room for a fridge.
Never part of the original design it seems. Weird.
SAWCE

Do you have your own office. If so, would the bitch if you brought in a mini fridge and a small microwave?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 pm
Inb4 the fat shaming lawsuit with these subliminal hints for everyone to only eat salads for lunch.
:lolol:

There's so many places to find food here, if you can't find what you like, you probably don't eat food.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 pm Do you have your own office. If so, would the bitch if you brought in a mini fridge and a small microwave?
Nah, I'm in a cubicle. I don't know how I'd sneak in a fridge and microwave. BUT, I also don't really want either anyway.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 pm Do you have your own office. If so, would the bitch if you brought in a mini fridge and a small microwave?
Nah, I'm in a cubicle. I don't know how I'd sneak in a fridge and microwave. BUT, I also don't really want either anyway.
:word: I’m fine bringing my food in in a little cooler, but when my diet gets real tight and it’s plain chicken breast and white rice it’s so much easier to eat warm than cold.