goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am

bold = :notwrong:

but fuck all that noise and fuck instagram
You should create an instagram account for your HOA and only post red doors on it.
thats a hard :nope: brah. i got no time for that bullshit.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:47 am
Apex wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am

You should create an instagram account for your HOA and only post red doors on it.
:sad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am
Detroit wrote:In fact, if I was on Instagram, I would purposely avoid companies that pay people to sell their shit. It's promoting terrible behavior.

Wife enjoys trolling people. I was drinking scotch last night, Balvenie 12...nothing special. She takes a photo of the glass and does all these filters on it so it looks :neat: Then says "Really enjoying this Balvenie 25 #with #a #bunch #of #hashtags".

I told her it was a 12 and she asked "would the 25 really look any different?" Very few actually live the life they portray.

:rolleyes: Imageol:
I mean, I'd rather get paid to have fun than to do real work... But it requires social skills that I don't have. :eeyore:
These people literally live life through their phone screens. 24/7, it's never off. That's not a life IMO, and I wouldn't find that fun at all.

You don't need social skills at all. You just need to be able to make people jealous with photos.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am In fact, if I was on Instagram, I would purposely avoid companies that pay people to sell their shit. It's promoting terrible behavior.

Wife enjoys trolling people. I was drinking scotch last night, Balvenie 12...nothing special. She takes a photo of the glass and does all these filters on it so it looks :neat: Then says "Really enjoying this Balvenie 25 #with #a #bunch #of #hashtags".

I told her it was a 12 and she asked "would the 25 really look any different?" Very few actually live the life they portray.

:rolleyes: :lolol:
bold = :notwrong:

but fuck all that noise and fuck instagram
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote:In fact, if I was on Instagram, I would purposely avoid companies that pay people to sell their shit. It's promoting terrible behavior.

:rolleyes: Imageol:
I mean, I'd rather get paid to have fun than to do real work... But it requires social skills that I don't have. :eeyore:
Flip side. You could potentially ruin your ability to have a genuine life and actual fun. It would be this massive burden to always up your game for the fan base and follows. You'd likely ruin the very things that used to make you happy.

:eeyore:

I managed 2 days before really looking into social media here on vacay. And even then it was only to flex on the Poors

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am I mean, I'd rather get paid to have fun than to do real work... But it requires social skills that I don't have. :eeyore:
These people literally live life through their phone screens. 24/7, it's never off. That's not a life IMO, and I wouldn't find that fun at all.

You don't need social skills at all. You just need to be able to make people jealous with photos.
Dat.

It's super :sad: to watch unfold IRL and see the behind the scenes of a meh relationshit.

I did try to seek her out but the photos aren't easy to find on IG. I talked to her for a second. Her man-dime was no where near. They are very separate off the gram.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth

It's all just smoke and mirrors. That's not a life, and it shouldn't be glorified the way it is.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:It's all just smoke and mirrors. That's not a life, and it shouldn't be glorified the way it is.
It still beats sitting in a cubicle. :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm
Detroit wrote:It's all just smoke and mirrors. That's not a life, and it shouldn't be glorified the way it is.
It still beats sitting in a cubicle. :iono:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I'd rather do what I'm doing now (sitting in a cubicle) than living my life through a phone screen. When I leave work, I leave work. My new gig is great about that.

That doesn't happen when work is literally your life.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm It still beats sitting in a cubicle. :iono:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I'd rather do what I'm doing now (sitting in a cubicle) than living my life through a phone screen. When I leave work, I leave work. My new gig is great about that.

:micdrop: :micdrop: :micdrop:
:micdrop: :mahtroy: :micdrop:
:micdrop: :micdrop: :micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:49 pm

just a lot of people who may have an altercation with me will be scared or walk away when I simply just have it shown, which is typically a common behavior.
Or some gang banger or other type of individual who does not value human life or their freedom will escalate on you and shoot you full of holes. Do you have nothing to lose? Your comments on road rage and guns are...........retarded. IRL, bandying about a firearm like are some sort of tough guy will get you killed, imprisoned, or both.
I think i said this before, this is just what would typically happen when someone who didn't even start the altercation that instigated the victim to show that he has a firearm, NOT ME. Keep in mind that i'm only talking about scenarios when people actually get out of the car. Even if i do have a firearm, i hope to only intent to use it at shooting ranges or perhaps hunting if that's something i'd enjoy, not at other human beings who just wants to risks my life. For me, even if i do have a gun, it is definitely not something I would do just to reveal it in the first place, unless if the situation really gets out of hand, then i had no choice but to show it just to back the fuck away, if the person is unarmed or not. I have been pulled on knifepoint in Turkey when I didn't have any sort of weapon.

Also think of this situation, i hope that answers my point.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.c ... nnsylvania
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

And my life is just as valuable as you guys are, so therefore i do have a lot to lose. I don't have a gun nor have a desire of it at this point.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:48 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:47 am

Oh, but those of us on DFD do. :trollface:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm It still beats sitting in a cubicle. :iono:

Work is life if you ever want to succeed. :thanksobama:

Dat gig economy. Such side hustle. Much uncertainty. :flaccid:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

God damn Crangslist and Facetube marketplace fucks.

"What's the lowest CASH offer you'll accept?"
"I can pay $500 CASH this week. I know it's not what you're asking but it's what I'm offering."
"Is the only way this works that I drive to Philadelphia to pick it up?" (dude from Brooklyn)

:rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 pm God damn Crangslist and Facetube marketplace fucks.

"I can pay $500 CASH this week. I know it's not what you're asking but it's what I'm offering."
"Is the only way this works that I drive to Philadelphia to pick it up?" (dude from Brooklyn)

We don't even try sell anything of value anymore. It's terrible.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 pm God damn Crangslist and Facetube marketplace fucks.

I'd rather just let it rot in my basement for another 3 years on the off chance I'll actually use it, than sell it for $500 now.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

yea. its a bitch.

Then someone reports you to paypal. :rolleyes:

I triumphed that day :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:37 pm
I'd rather just let it rot in my basement for another 3 years on the off chance I'll actually use it, than sell it for $500 now.
Exactly what we do.

We've given a lot of stuff we don't use anymore to friends, everything else rots in the basement or is donated.

Our experience is that selling anything for more than $100 is a shitshow and not remotely worth the time.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm I'd rather just let it rot in my basement for another 3 years on the off chance I'll actually use it, than sell it for $500 now.
Exactly what we do.

We've given a lot of stuff we don't use anymore to friends, everything else rots in the basement or is donated.

Our experience is that selling anything for more than $100 is a shitshow and not remotely worth the time.
Because you're a have and are trying to sell to have-nots. Their time isn't worth $100 an hour, it might be worth $10.

It's normal for me to spend 10 hours selling something for $100.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Exactly what we do.

Because you're a have and are trying to sell to have-nots. Their time isn't worth $100 an hour, it might be worth $10.

It's normal for me to spend 10 hours selling something for $100.
10 hours to sell something for $100 or under? Hmmm...

We'll sell things under $100. It's reasonable for people to afford those things, so you don't have to deal with a lot of :bs: . Things sell quickly for us usually...and I like to think we give really fair deals. Last week we sold a nice drafting table that the previous owner left in our 3rd floor for $40 to a student at CCS. New ones sell for ridiculous money...pushing the thousands. Wife listed it for $50...he was so grateful to get it for $40. We were glad to be rid of it.

Last year, I tried to sell a Pottery Barn couch we bought at the outlet for $1k a few years prior. New it was $3k. I had it listed for $500 and got nothing but low ball $150 offers with demands for me to deliver it. That was endless...easily 10 hours worth of wasted time. We ended up giving it to my dad for his living room and it looks awesome.

I'd rather give stuff away to people that need it than cling to the delusion of the value of second hand things.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Exactly what we do.

I have it listed at 800. They offer 500 CASH RIGHT NOW. I counter saying 750. lol. Knowing it'll go nowhere, and even if I agreed to 500 cash it likely wouldn't actually go anywhere.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm

yea. its a bitch.

What’s the story on this?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:10 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm

yea. its a bitch.

What’s the story on this?

Sold a grom ECU tuner on facebook, kid was a super derp and could not get it hooked up right, reported me to paypal demanding refund, I provided paypal with the evidence of extensive tech support that i have him, paypal told him to get fucked
brain go brrrrrr