OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

We went glamping this weekend...which meant I drank way too much. Stuck to wine for most of it, so I didn't end up feeling too bad overall. Still, I hate the way my body feels when I drink beer. Bleh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:16 am We went glamping this weekend...which meant I drank way too much. Stuck to wine for most of it, so I didn't end up feeling too bad overall. Still, I hate the way my body feels when I drink beer. Bleh.
Yeah man I was not a happy camper last night after that one. I had it with one of my favorite sandwiches from our favorite restaurants, at like 630 last night. Around 9 I was trying to drink a smoothie to finish my last meal and I couldn’t even get that down all the way because of how upset my stomach was from the beer.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:22 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:16 am We went glamping this weekend...which meant I drank way too much. Stuck to wine for most of it, so I didn't end up feeling too bad overall. Still, I hate the way my body feels when I drink beer. Bleh.
Yeah man I was not a happy camper last night after that one. I had it with one of my favorite sandwiches from our favorite restaurants, at like 630 last night. Around 9 I was trying to drink a smoothie to finish my last meal and I couldn’t even get that down all the way because of how upset my stomach was from the beer.
I get horrendous acid reflux from beer that lingers the entire day after I drink a lot. I'm fine if I drink any other form of booze.

Super :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:06 am Drank two beers over the last week. RIP gainz.

First one was good, Chronic Amber Ale from Pizza Port. Nice and malty. Second one, last night, was meh. Didn’t even finish it and it left my stomach turning for a while after. Coronado Brewing’s Mermaid Red Ale. Too happy for my liking.
WEED BEER?!

ILLEGAL. :gaydance:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:36 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:22 am

I get horrendous acid reflux from beer that lingers the entire day after I drink a lot. I'm fine if I drink any other form of booze.

:sad:

:pouroneout:

I drank a few beers each day while busting ass on boat work and house work. so much :megusta: from a cold beer on hot day.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:36 am

I drank a few beers each day while busting ass on boat work and house work. so much :megusta: from a cold beer on hot day.
I LOVE a cold beer on a hot day especially after working.

:megusta:
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:06 am Drank two beers over the last week. RIP gainz.

First one was good, Chronic Amber Ale from Pizza Port. Nice and malty. Second one, last night, was meh. Didn’t even finish it and it left my stomach turning for a while after. Coronado Brewing’s Mermaid Red Ale. Too happy for my liking.
WEED BEER?!

I would probably enjoy a weed beer.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:44 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:42 pm

This is the one time I actually want a beer. Outside working all day, sit me down with a cold Mexican beer and some wings. Please and thank you.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:46 pm

WEED BEER?!

You would you pot-head hippy. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

WEED BEER?!

Oh, I thought "chronic amber" would have had weed in it. Im super sad I can't partake when I go to CO in a year or so.

Maybe work will fire me and I can pursue my dream as a do nothing :dubshow:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This is the one time I actually want a beer. Outside working all day, sit me down with a cold Mexican beer and some wings. Please and thank you.
closes thing to jesus you will have in this world.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 pm

You would you pot-head hippy. :lol:
:millennial: :sass:
ChrisoftheNorth

I'll swap wings for fish tacos and be there with you.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Oh, I thought "chronic amber" would have had weed in it. Im super sad I can't partake when I go to CO in a year or so.

Do you get random drug screens?
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:49 pm

:fuckyeah:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 pm

yes, pretty regularly too. Plus keep a hair test on file for certain clients.

One day I'll shift to an industry that is similar and doesn't care. But that wont be an industrial industry... :sad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:49 pm

:notbad: way to sub some foods.
SAWCE

Unless they’re regularly random screening you guys, I’d risk it once in a while. It’s good fun and helps me sleep like the baby I am.
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:56 pm

One day I'll shift to an industry that is similar and doesn't care. But that wont be an industrial industry... :sad:
Dang :(

Our handbook says we can get randomly tested if the gov ever wants to, so I should probably clean out my system once in a while. Other than that we only get tested if involved in an accident at work.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I have been out of the beer scene for 14 years...but my son was telling me about the CBD beer that was available art a Philly club he took his gf to this past weekend. It was $15/pint.

PS The talk about a cold one on a hot day :triggered: me a bit.......but I always have to remember that, for me, there is very rarely such a thing as just having one...

One is too many and a thousand aren't enough...
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, interesting.

In the auto industry, you're tested when you're hired, and that's about it at most places.

I waited months without partaking for the FCA job...celebrated my first day with some special brownie.

ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Dang :(

Our handbook says we can get randomly tested if the gov ever wants to, so I should probably clean out my system once in a while. Other than that we only get tested if involved in an accident at work.
:ohdang: That's scary.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:58 pm I have been out of the beer scene for 14 years...but my son was telling me about the CBD beer that was available art a Philly club he took his gf to this past weekend. It was $15/pint.

PS The talk about a cold one on a hot day :triggered: me a bit.......but I always have to remember that, for me, there is very rarely such a thing as just having one...

One is too many and a thousand aren't enough...
CBD beer for $15/pint. Yeah....no thanks. Can't be that great.

I've been struggling a bit lately with "just one". I'm staying sober during the week now in an attempt to keep :drunk: in check. It's working so far.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

WEED BEER?!

DC actually has their own beer called DC brau, I tried their ipa for the first time and it literally smelt like weed
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:13 pm

WEED BEER?!

DC actually has their own beer called DC brau, I tried their ipa for the first time and it literally smelt like weed
Hops can have a somewhat weed-like smell. So hoppy beers like IPAs certainly can.