OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Maybe I’ll make some time to hit the beach this weekend.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:40 pm Maybe I’ll make some time to hit the beach this weekend.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:40 pm Maybe I’ll make some time to hit the beach this weekend.
:fuckyeah:

I’ve started to be asked about the gym by people at the new job. Feels good to be recognized like that without me having ever talked about it with anyone here.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:47 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:42 pm

I’ve started to be asked about the gym by people at the new job. Feels good to be recognized like that without me having ever talked about it with anyone here.
:nice: People asking about what to do, or just oogling your :massles: ?
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:47 pm

What I do, what I eat, what gym I go to, etc...
SAWCE

Just did mobile deposits for my 401k rollover. Traditional 401k went to my new employer plan, and the Roth 401k money I had went into my personal Roth IRA.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:36 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:23 pm

:lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:25 pm Just did mobile deposits for my 401k rollover. Traditional 401k went to my new employer plan, and the Roth 401k money I had went into my personal Roth IRA.
:waxer:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:24 pm
Apex wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:09 pm

What I do, what I eat, what gym I go to, etc...
:nice:
SAWCE

Stoked, my buddy at my old job just got his firm offer for a new gig.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:14 pm Stoked, my buddy at my old job just got his firm offer for a new gig.
Apex

I am very :notsure: about work next week. We have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss the department structure and pain points and how they are going to remove a an open req from our ops team and open up a sales req. Sounds great because that is the next step for me.

Problem? One of the new execs is already saying the spot is for some big tittied side piece of his. That chick has already been saying she is just waiting to be brought over to the Bank.

Words will be had during this meeting; I was positive about it thinking it would be a nice move for me, until I learned that other info. The 2 current sales people on the team have my back 100%.

Ugh.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:01 pm I am very :notsure: about work next week. We have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss the department structure and pain points and how they are going to remove a an open req from our ops team and open up a sales req. Sounds great because that is the next step for me.

Problem? One of the new execs is already saying the spot is for some big tittied side piece of his. That chick has already been saying she is just waiting to be brought over to the Bank.

Words will be had during this meeting; I was positive about it thinking it would be a nice move for me, until I learned that other info. The 2 current sales people on the team have my back 100%.

Ugh.
Dang. That sucks.

Hope it works out for you, Pecs.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:I am very :notsure: about work next week. We have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss the department structure and pain points and how they are going to remove a an open req from our ops team and open up a sales req. Sounds great because that is the next step for me.

Ugh.
:tits: :doe:
troyguitar

:thankstrump: :truckyeah:

NOT THE MAMA!
Apex

Happy Birfday TK!
wap

Apex wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 amHappy Birfday TK!
:dat:
:fuckyeah: :like: :like:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:

Hopefully getting the keys to our apartment in San Antonio today!

2/2 floor plan with 1,130 sq ft, full size washer and dryer for $1,256 base rent. New place gave us a move in special of “first month free” so we gobbled that shit up because it saves us $1,256 that I can save for the UHAUL or moving costs (early lease end at other place)

For comparison we looked at what our current 1/1 with 811 sq ft is renting in Virginia and it is starting at a base rent of $1,840/month.

:doomed:
:ohmy:
:nope:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Apex wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 amHappy Birfday TK!
Happy Birthday TK!
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

razr390 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 am :hai:

2/2 floor plan with 1,130 sq ft, full size washer and dryer for $1,256 base rent. New place gave us a move in special of “first month free” so we gobbled that shit up because it saves us $1,256 that I can save for the UHAUL or moving costs (early lease end at other place)

For comparison we looked at what our current 1/1 with 811 sq ft is renting in Virginia and it is starting at a base rent of $1,840/month.

We pay the same $1250 for a 2/2 at ~1100 sq ft with no AC and 2 parking spots here. Texas sounds cheap as long as you're not in Austin. :notbad:
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:07 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:53 am :hai:

We pay the same $1250 for a 2/2 at ~1100 sq ft with no AC and 2 parking spots here. Texas sounds cheap as long as you're not in Austin. :notbad:
Well, to be fair, each place has its “zones”. Austin is probably in the top ten places for being the most hipster/liberal/college town combined into one. When you have a lot of young people they will sell housing as an experience rather than a necessity.

We have an area here called “Pearl” it is a residential/retail/restaurant/hotel campus that built around the Pearl brewery that was closed down.

It is impressively hipster and there’s a property that charges $2,300 for a 1/1 and $6,500 for a 2/2.

SAWCE

Nice savings on the new digs Rudy
wap

:narc: , isn't your company paying your moving expenses?
Apex

wap wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:20 pm :narc: , isn't your company paying your moving expenses?
I think they gave him a stipend for moving expenses?
razr390

Speaking of moving....

Today was supposed to be my move in date. I do the move-in inspection and the apartment unit is beyond FUCKED with mold (in the coat closet) and the hallways adjacent to coat closet and AC room. Look at AC and it is fucking pooling water in a tray (FUCKED).

I went back to the leasing office and threw a :fshitup: :rage: fit and pulled their OWN LEASE AGREEMENT which stipulates that I was supposed to be provided IN WRITING with a LIST OF ITEMS that identifies EXISTING DAMAGES to the unit. I told them that they breached the lease agreement and demanded they refund me my move-in costs. They agreed and then the property manager (who doesn't work weekends) called and implored me to come back Monday when she is in the office so they can "make it right".

So, silver lining here is that I MAY get a similar floor plan for possibly even cheaper? :iono: but I was pretty :fuckyeah: that I was able to go against a huge property management company and pretty much WIN without threatening legal action and simply DOING MY HOMEWORK.

:bruh: :doe: :really:

The worst part is they were so adamant on me getting all my shit done (utilities/internet/renters insurance) SO I CAN MOVE IN BY JUNE 1, and the apartment isn't even READY. Imagine my PREGNANT GF was doing this inspection with me and she was exposed to the mold in the air/on the walls.

HOLY FUCK was today terrible.

Also, Discount Tire installed one of the Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires BACKWARDS so I have to go to them first thing Monday morning because everything in Texas closes Sunday because :jesus:

Also, my MacBook was slowing down the past few days and I went to Apple store and they did a free diagnostic :notbad: and they said it would be a $95+tax fix for a hard drive bracket that may have gone bad but they re-assured me that I only pay if it fixes the issue. :fuckyeah: MacBook back up and running again.