Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:17 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:29 pm
Indoor karting is a good compromise.

I don’t understand why you are very intense about the whole “don’t have a hobby!!!1!1!” It’s common goal: don’t get :fullretard: in anything you do, everything in moderation, job and hobbies, etc.
You DO need to get :fullretard: in your job and stay super :aintcare: in the whole rest of your life. I did the opposite and fucked myself for life as a result, that's why I preach it to young people. If you live in 'murica, WORK IS LIFE. Want to change your life? Get a better job, period. Don't do anything else with your time until you have :waxer: money - which you can have by age 40 if you don't fuck around with hobbies.
:eeyore:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:13 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:17 pm

You DO need to get :fullretard: in your job and stay super :aintcare: in the whole rest of your life. I did the opposite and fucked myself for life as a result, that's why I preach it to young people. If you live in 'murica, WORK IS LIFE. Want to change your life? Get a better job, period. Don't do anything else with your time until you have :waxer: money - which you can have by age 40 if you don't fuck around with hobbies.
:eeyore:
I should just go kill my self.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:13 am :eeyore:
What for? You're winning. Keep doing that.

I was :drunk: posting last night but I stand by the ideas. I'm somewhat jealous of people who can enjoy half-assing things vs always needing to optimize everything.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 am
razr390 wrote:

I was :drunk: posting last night but I stand by the ideas. I'm somewhat jealous of people who can enjoy half-assing things vs always needing to optimize everything.
It’s a hard balance to find.
razr390

razr390 wrote:

Perfection is the enemy of good.

It’s all about choosing what you want to perfect or optimize. I won’t be a race car driver, but I’ll try to get the fastest times on indoor karts.

I won’t be a professional drone pilot, but i know just enough to make some nice amateur drone videos.

It’s all about balance.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

razr390 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 am What for? You're winning. Keep doing that.

Perfection is the enemy of good.

It’s all about choosing what you want to perfect or optimize. I won’t be a race car driver, but I’ll try to get the fastest times on indoor karts.

I won’t be a professional drone pilot, but i know just enough to make some nice amateur drone videos.

It’s all about balance.
Out of the mouths of babes....

And when I say babes I mean :massles: :datass: :tits: :jimp:

Lets :dock: :narc: :balls:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:12 pm Accepted a TIG welding job today @$3/hr more than I was making with 15-20hrs guaranteed overtime if i want it every week, plus real benefits/profit sharing etc. HYPE
Hell yeah! :troywax:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

razr390 wrote:

I look at it this way:

I'm not the best service advisor in the world, but am very good at what I do because I've had a lot of practice and try and have fun while I'm there.

I'm not the best mountain biker in the world, but I like to think I'm pretty good at it and have a ton of fun while I'm on the trails.

Each one is a perfect distraction from the other. I don't do crazy stupid shit on the bike because I need to go to work... but I don't let work become life because I need to go ride my bike.

Find your mountain. Instead of climbing it... hop on a bike and hurtle down it, because life's not always about reaching the top.
razr390

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 am What for? You're winning. Keep doing that.

I look at it this way:

I'm not the best service advisor in the world, but am very good at what I do because I've had a lot of practice and try and have fun while I'm there.

I'm not the best mountain biker in the world, but I like to think I'm pretty good at it and have a ton of fun while I'm on the trails.

Each one is a perfect distraction from the other. I don't do crazy stupid shit on the bike because I need to go to work... but I don't let work become life because I need to go ride my bike.

Find your mountain. Instead of climbing it... hop on a bike and hurtle down it, because life's not always about reaching the top.
:dat:

You explained it better than I ever could’ve.

I just ran an 18.641 (PB) on the San Antonio track with a coworker. She ran a 20.353 as her best.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I look at it this way:

If it is worth anything I can tell you that you are not the worst forum member. I think you're a better salesman than you admit/know.

You helped me out quite a bit with answering my stupid questions before I bought the SS mobile and I appreciate it.

But yeah, I agree with everything you said in relation to the post at hand.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I look at it this way:

In all seriousness, I dig the last line and it makes a hell of a lot of sense. I need to make it to Blue or Creek sometime this year...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I'm gonna go work life balance some mcdoe as I go to work on this Sunday.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

It became a waffle Haus morning
razr390

dubshow wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:07 am It became a waffle Haus morning
:drool:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:22 am
dubshow wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:07 am It became a waffle Haus morning
I haven't been to one since like 2004. Such delicious doe.
you seriously missing out on a variety of experiences.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 am

While the :drunk: posting I didn't agree with I think this is on point.

My brother in law is pulling in $2,000,000 or so a year but he's miserable.

I mean, at that point when is enough enough? He could retire in just a few years.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 am

While the :drunk: posting I didn't agree with I think this is on point.

My brother in law is pulling in $2,000,000 or so a year but he's miserable.

I know you don't think I balance work but in the scheme of things, I really do. I've made a decision about what "enough" is both at work and on hobbies. It's a choice that gets easier over time once you've made it a few times.

Those first few times you make it (either at work or hobbies) are VERY difficult.
:dat:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

At a place called Mission for breakfast here. Mexican food for for breakfast :fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:32 pm At a place called Mission for breakfast here. Mexican food for for breakfast :fuckyeah:
Coincidentally, there’s also a mexican restaurant in DC called Missions as well. Very popular for happy hour in the area.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Dafuq does one do to make $2M a year and still have free time in which to spend it?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:09 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:12 pm Accepted a TIG welding job today @$3/hr more than I was making with 15-20hrs guaranteed overtime if i want it every week, plus real benefits/profit sharing etc. HYPE
Hell yeah! :troywax:
I'm sick as a dog and I'm supposed to be there at 6am tomorrow 😂
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:29 pm Dafuq does one do to make $2M a year and still have free time in which to spend it?
Own rental properties.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:29 pm Dafuq does one do to make $2M a year and still have free time in which to spend it?
Own rental properties.
Dayum..... I'm in the :wrong: bidness..... but I'd have to be a slumlord with the amount of capital I could come up with.... :disappoint:

Forever :povertytruck:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:25 pm
dubshow wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:40 am

I mean, at that point when is enough enough? He could retire in just a few years.
His plan is to work till he's 45 but the issue is he spends like he makes $2 mil a year. If he really wants to retire at 45 he needs to spend like he makes 200k, which is still more than enough to bring happy as hell.
Living below your means is so key yet not nearly enough people know, or practice, this important secret.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Apperently the Ultra fest became the new fyre festival 2.0 :yikes:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.