OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 amHai!
:wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am My company sent out an email this morning... new employee recognition program.

You can recognize people for basically any reason, doing a good job, positive attitude, cleanup efforts, whatever. You get a poker chip, and can display the poker chip to show your recognition superiority. Or keep it in your pocket as a constant reminder that you're doing a good job. Other options are a card, or a hard hat sticker.

Uh. How about a yearly bonus instead? Money is usually a good way to recognize people?

:pftch:
:wtf:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am My company sent out an email this morning... new employee recognition program.

You can recognize people for basically any reason, doing a good job, positive attitude, cleanup efforts, whatever. You get a poker chip, and can display the poker chip to show your recognition superiority. Or keep it in your pocket as a constant reminder that you're doing a good job. Other options are a card, or a hard hat sticker.

Uh. How about a yearly bonus instead? Money is usually a good way to recognize people?

Sounds about as meaningful as the :like: button on DFD 1.0
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:15 am

GM did this. It was all digital and people could recognize you for random things that met the company's "core behaviors". Directors had "points" they could award if they really liked something.

The points could be redeemed for items on a digital store. I never really paid attention to the system, and when I knew I was leaving, a coworker told me that I could turn the points into amazon gift cards. I went on and had $650 worth of amazon gift cards!

I thought that was pretty neat that the company actually compensated recognition. This was in addition to our annual bonuses even...which mine sucked last year because the company didn't meet the :bs: targets that I had zero control over. At least I got my amazon cards!
That's actually legit :notbad: :doe: !
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 am More :dafuq: ... she’s a “public figure” and has 43k followers
:fullretard: :rolleyes:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 am More :dafuq: ... she’s a “public figure” and has 43k followers
I don't understand the world anymore.
Depends... Is she hot?
wap

Last day of work until some time in July. Feels weird.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:03 am
Detroit wrote: I don't understand the world anymore.
Depends... Is she hot?
16yo, bro...doesn't matter.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:13 am Last day of work until some time in July. Feels weird.
I bet. View it as an opportunity to spend ~a month focused on yourself.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Boss is out for the next two weeks. Time to prove my worth.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:03 am Depends... Is she hot?
16yo, bro...doesn't matter.
:dat: jail bait
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:20 am Boss is out for the next two weeks. Time to prove my worth.
:fuckyeah: :massles:
wap

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:13 am Last day of work until some time in July. Feels weird.
I'm not even sure I'd know how to do that :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 am
Time to find out!
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:20 am Boss is out for the next two weeks. Time to prove my worth.
You can :doit: !
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:07 am Wtf. Got followed on IG by some 16 year old girl with a JL. Must be nice. Most of her pics are her in tiny ass clothes... why aren’t your parents monitoring your internet use!?
link
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 am
wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 am
Time to find out!
Guess so. I can't take no week's long camping/mudding trip out west :doe: . Walks around the neighborhood, catch up on some reading. Occasional DFD shitposting, watching movies, and not much else. Sounds like both :fuckyeah: and :disgust: :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:36 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 am
Time to find out!
Guess so. I can't take no week's long camping/mudding trip out west :doe: . Walks around the neighborhood, catch up on some reading. Occasional DFD shitposting, watching movies, and not much else. Sounds like both :fuckyeah: and :disgust: :lol:
I took 3 weeks between job when I transitioned in March. I didn't go anywhere or do anything in particular other than stuff around the house and whatnot. Did wonders for my being. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how good it feels to slow down and focus on yourself a bit.
wap

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 am
wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:36 am

I took 3 weeks between job when I transitioned in March. I didn't go anywhere or do anything in particular other than stuff around the house and whatnot. Did wonders for my being. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how good it feels to slow down and focus on yourself a bit.
Can't really do anything around the house either, until my sternum heals up, but yea, I hope it feels good to just veg for a few weeks. It'll certainly be something new for me as I can never sit still for more than a few hours or so. We'll see...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 am
Can't really do anything around the house either, until my sternum heals up, but yea, I hope it feels good to just veg for a few weeks. It'll certainly be something new for me as I can never sit still for more than a few hours or so. We'll see...
Might be time for you to try weed. I’ll send you some edibles since you probably shouldn’t smoke after that :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Might be time for you to try weed. I’ll send you some edibles since you probably shouldn’t smoke after that :lol:
This is a GREAT plan.
wap

:lolol: no thanks. I'll have so many chemicals/narcotics/opioids in my system for the next few weeks that I don't want or need to add anything to the mix.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

i'm contemplating on getting edibles myself before I head to Turkey so I can relax my head, but I feel like it's too risky to put it in my luggage. So most likely :nope:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm

:lolol: no thanks. I'll have so many chemicals/narcotics/opioids in my system for the next few weeks that I don't want or need to add anything to the mix.
What sucks is that those edibles could probably replace the chemicals/narcotics/opioids...
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 pm

i'm contemplating on getting edibles myself before I head to Turkey so I can relax my head, but I feel like it's too risky to put it in my luggage. So most likely :nope:
Yea....I wouldn't mess with bringing anything like that through the airport. It's still a serious Federal thing.