OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm Local anesthetics are wearing off and I can definitely feel that they cut out chunks of skin.
I know that feeling. Don't like it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

razr390 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 pm I’d like to grab the 15” MBP but fuck they start at $2400 now and I don’t give a fuck about some of the features that drive that price up there.
The new MBP’s are plagued by shitty keyboard issues.

I’d look into a generation before the new one’s 15”.
They just put out a new version that is supposed to have fixed the keyboard issue back in May. I haven’t heard of issues yet. I know they’re working on a complete redesign for the keyboard in next year’s model, but I don’t want to wait a year to get a new laptop.

Michelle got a refurbished one from a few models back and it’s kinda junky. Don’t want to throw money away on one like that if it’s not going to perform at 100% out of the box like a refurbished product should.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:18 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:10 am Happy Belated 4th my American peeps!

It is always a great honor and privilege to be included in the American dream. :thankstrump: , for sharing the glory of this special occasion!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5462699/dona ... aham-bell/
:lolol:

Dat taking over of British airports during the Revolutionary War :lolol:
Dat Rockets Red Glare at Ft. McHenry :lolol:

:rolleyes: :thankstrump: :rolleyes:
:ayfkm:
:derp: shit he says; Albeit, I don't believe he is too cheap/selfish to run his speech by a panel or team for approval. This shit is baked in on purpose :lol:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:41 am Coffee is :disgust:
:wrong:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:10 am Happy Belated 4th my American peeps!

It is always a great honor and privilege to be included in the American dream. :thankstrump: , for sharing the glory of this special occasion!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5462699/dona ... aham-bell/

He was born in England, grew up as a Canuck but got a US citizenship too. We share!

Sorry :truckyeah: actually does get someone to proof read his script!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 pm I’d like to grab the 15” MBP but fuck they start at $2400 now and I don’t give a fuck about some of the features that drive that price up there.
Yowza. I like Apple products but wow that's an assload of money. Macbook air?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
The upcoming Dell XPS 15 is something crazy like $1900 starting price too. Admittedly it has cool stuff like an OLED screen but :whocares:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
The upcoming Dell XPS 15 is something crazy like $1900 starting price too. Admittedly it has cool stuff like an OLED screen but :whocares:
I own a 15" ASUS with decent stats and a solid state hard drive that I recently purchased to replace a six year old Samsung 13.1" and it is the best $600 I ever spent on a laptop. Even Win10 runs okay and does what I need with Office Pro which I needed to pay for.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:38 am
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:24 am

Three miles?? :impressive:
Lol whoops. Moles. Three miles worth of them though. They peeled me like an apple
Wow. :impressive:
Good luck with that biopsy, :sawce:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm Local anesthetics are wearing off and I can definitely feel that they cut out chunks of skin.
:gag:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:00 pm

:derp: shit he says; Albeit, I don't believe he is too cheap/selfish to run his speech by a panel or team for approval. This shit is baked in on purpose :lol:
I'm not sure his people are any smarter than him and would likely not catch the stupid mistakes, either. :facepalm:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:18 pm

He was born in England, grew up as a Canuck but got a US citizenship too. We share!

Sorry :truckyeah: actually does get someone to proof read his script!
Correct on Bell.

He has shitty proofreaders if they didn't catch the stupid Ft. McHenry mistake :doe:
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

wap wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:07 pm
haleyann wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:52 pm Working tonight. The 4th is my favorite holiday to work. Hoping for good stories.
In4goodstories
:popcorn:
Not really any great stories, mostly just drunk idiots. One dude took a mortar to the face, he looked bad when he came in but it ended up just being superficial cuts and light burns. Another dude was drunk and fell, hit his head, he and his woman were acting crazy, police were called. Turned out he had a traumatic brain bleed.
wap

haleyann wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:14 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:07 pm

In4goodstories
:popcorn:
Not really any great stories, mostly just drunk idiots. One dude took a mortar to the face, he looked bad when he came in but it ended up just being superficial cuts and light burns. Another dude was drunk and fell, hit his head, he and his woman were acting crazy, police were called. Turned out he had a traumatic brain bleed.
People certainly do get stupid on the 4th, don't they.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:20 pm
MacBook Pro. I’ll likely get the 13” that’s on Amazon for a decent discount. 15” comes with a dedicated graphics card, which I’d like, but I don’t really game (used to play league of legends here and there and might play a bit again) or do video editing, so I think I’d be fine with the intel iris 560 that comes with the 13” version.
SAWCE

Was looking at the Amazon :dill: again, and with tax it would have been $1778 :murica:

Adorama had $200 off the 15” with 0% financing if paid in 12 months, free shipping, and no sales tax since out of state. $2200 out the door. Got approved for their financing and said fuck it and went full :dedong: $422 more for the larger screen, dedicated graphics card, and double the RAM. Don’t think it was a terrible decision considering all of that.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:33 pm Was looking at the Amazon :dill: again, and with tax it would have been $1778 :murica:

Adorama had $200 off the 15” with 0% financing if paid in 12 months, free shipping, and no sales tax since out of state. $2200 out the door. Got approved for their financing and said fuck it and went full :dedong: $422 more for the larger screen, dedicated graphics card, and double the RAM. Don’t think it was a terrible decision considering all of that.
Can’t beat 0% financing
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:33 pm Was looking at the Amazon :dill: again, and with tax it would have been $1778 :murica:

Can’t beat 0% financing
:word:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 am

Can’t beat 0% financing
Be safe with the earthquakes, bruh. Seismologists suggesting possibility of a "big one" due to the 2 smaller earthquake pattern.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:30 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 am

Be safe with the earthquakes, bruh. Seismologists suggesting possibility of a "big one" due to the 2 smaller earthquake pattern.
Thanks dude. They’re pretty far north of me, near my hometown actually, but my buddy did feel the one yesterday in his apartment yesterday. Be interesting to see if we get a big one. We’re overdue for sure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:20 pm

MacBook Pro. I’ll likely get the 13” that’s on Amazon for a decent discount. 15” comes with a dedicated graphics card, which I’d like, but I don’t really game (used to play league of legends here and there and might play a bit again) or do video editing, so I think I’d be fine with the intel iris 560 that comes with the 13” version.
Yes. A 13" screen might as well be a mobile device.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:56 am
razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:30 am

Thanks dude. They’re pretty far north of me, near my hometown actually, but my buddy did feel the one yesterday in his apartment yesterday. Be interesting to see if we get a big one. We’re overdue for sure.
Michele is visiting her family right now in Huntington Beach. Said the quakes have been pretty constant over the last few days. She's GTFO of there tomorrow at 5am...I hope "the big one" waits until she's in the air at least.

The ground doesn't move in Michigan...the way it's supposed to be. It has been rather hot here the last few days :doe: :sweaty:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 pm MacBook Pro. I’ll likely get the 13” that’s on Amazon for a decent discount. 15” comes with a dedicated graphics card, which I’d like, but I don’t really game (used to play league of legends here and there and might play a bit again) or do video editing, so I think I’d be fine with the intel iris 560 that comes with the 13” version.
Yes. A 13" screen might as well be a mobile device.
:wap:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 am

Michele is visiting her family right now in Huntington Beach. Said the quakes have been pretty constant over the last few days. She's GTFO of there tomorrow at 5am...I hope "the big one" waits until she's in the air at least.

The ground doesn't move in Michigan...the way it's supposed to be. It has been rather hot here the last few days :doe: :sweaty:
Yeah my family that’s still up where these are happening are all up in Idaho for a family reunion now luckily, so they’re all safe. Property damage doesn’t seem to be happening down near their house and seems to be localized to right by Ridgecrest where the quakes are originating.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 am

Had a nice roller here last night.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.