Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:12 pm
wap wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 pm
Do you ever smile in your photos?
Nein, das wäre sehr undeutsch von mir.
He only smiles when he is in his Calvin persona.....

:dillerman: = :therapist:

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 pm I can't stand loose clothes.

Jeans are Levis 514s in a 30x32 (try to buy these long, since I'm really a 33-34" inseam), short sleeve shirts are usually a small, long sleeves are a medium due to arm length.

Dress pants are Express photographer cut in a 30x34, dress shirts are Express extra-slim medium, polos are Express slim fit medium. Jacket is a 40L due to monkey arms.

Pic from SIL’s wedding in Cali last month.
Nice shirt. Looking good brah.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:28 pm
:dat:

I've had better luck with QC lately with the Lucky jeans that Costco carries sometimes. Plus they're cheap AF there.
The wife switched to Lucky and raves about them.

I just go to Kohl's and buy 3 pairs of 514s at a time, every 4-5 years. :lol:

I don't go through jeans often.
My Lucky jeans died premature deaths. So I switched to Levis. I like the stretchy ones.

Although I gotta say, hardly anyone beats Gap when it comes to price and durability tradeoff. They literally will not die. And were $25. Still have some pairs from college.
Johnny_P

I go drunk as hell yesterday. My friends did an impromptu bachelor style party / hang out day. Was a good time. Feel like :poop: today though.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:24 am I have some Lucky, Levi and Wrangler jeans, all 5-10 years old. I wish they were a bit slimmer fitting but I’m just so :scrooge: with clothes... average age of my stuff is at least eight years.
Yeah man.. I have a few polos that I still squeeze into for work that I should have retired a few years and a good 20lbs ago. I just don't want to spend the money to replace them.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 pm

The wife switched to Lucky and raves about them.

I just go to Kohl's and buy 3 pairs of 514s at a time, every 4-5 years. :lol:

I don't go through jeans often.
My Lucky jeans died premature deaths. So I switched to Levis. I like the stretchy ones.

Although I gotta say, hardly anyone beats Gap when it comes to price and durability tradeoff. They literally will not die. And were $25. Still have some pairs from college.
I've heard this about Gap jeans before. May give them a try the next time I need to buy new jeans.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 pm

I've heard this about Gap jeans before. May give them a try the next time I need to buy new jeans.
Gap jeans should be on par with old navy and banana republic considering they’re all one company
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:06 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Nein, das wäre sehr undeutsch von mir.
He only smiles when he is in his Calvin persona.....

:dillerman: = :therapist:

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:17 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 pm I can't stand loose clothes.

Jeans are Levis 514s in a 30x32 (try to buy these long, since I'm really a 33-34" inseam), short sleeve shirts are usually a small, long sleeves are a medium due to arm length.

Dress pants are Express photographer cut in a 30x34, dress shirts are Express extra-slim medium, polos are Express slim fit medium. Jacket is a 40L due to monkey arms.

Pic from SIL’s wedding in Cali last month.
Nice shirt. Looking good brah.
I mean, I'd do him.

:woodplow:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Gap jeans should be on par with old navy and banana republic considering they’re all one company
Yea, but they're not.

I've had terrible luck with Old Navy clothes...I don't even bother with them anymore.

Gap and Banana are on the same level of quality :doe: Banana clothes just feel a bit more premium in material...softness, etc.

I forgot that :tits: bought me a bunch of stuff from Gap a while back. Dress shirts, dress pants, jeans, they're all fantastic. They offer tall sizes online, which fit me perfectly, they're wearing great after washing, excellent quality overall. I think Gap is probably the only place I'll spend money on new clothes.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:

Yea, but they're not.

I've had terrible luck with Old Navy clothes...I don't even bother with them anymore.

Gap and Banana are on the same level of quality :doe: Banana clothes just feel a bit more premium in material...softness, etc.

I forgot that :tits: bought me a bunch of stuff from Gap a while back. Dress shirts, dress pants, jeans, they're all fantastic. They offer tall sizes online, which fit me perfectly, they're wearing great after washing, excellent quality overall. I think Gap is probably the only place I'll spend money on new clothes.
Old Navy is K-Mart quality. Good for kids who will outgrow stuff quickly, or other :aintcare: uses like working outside.

I got some $10 Walmart jeans 2 months ago for wearing at the kart track and they're perfect for that.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I only own one pair of non-work jeans. I think they are called Mugsy brand or something I bought them online when I was packing on the lbs because they claimed to be stretchy as dark. I've put on 40lbs since buying them and they still fit. :notbad: For work I own some Carhartt pants, but my favorite pair has a gigantic burn hole inside the left thigh.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am
Detroit wrote: Yea, but they're not.

Old Navy is K-Mart quality. Good for kids who will outgrow stuff quickly, or other :aintcare: uses like working outside.

I got some $10 Walmart jeans 2 months ago for wearing at the kart track and they're perfect for that.
I just wear stuff from the thrift store for working outside. Cheaper than Old Navy, and can be better quality depending on what you find.

Agreed there's a place for it :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

They should be, but Old Navy stuff doesn’t last as long as BR in my experience, and with the price of Gap jeans being so much lower than BR jeans I feel like something has to be different in the material or manufacturing of them. Maybe not though , maybe people really are willing to just spend more for the BR name...
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

We adopted two Ivory Point Siamese kittens last night... stumbled into PetsMart, and they had a litter of four. Wifey's wanted a Siamese cat for a while but most of the litters she found had either a calico or orange tabby as the others, and we can't "replace" the two we lost last year.

We adopted a male/female bonded pair, and named them Lily & Neville.

ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 am

They should be, but Old Navy stuff doesn’t last as long as BR in my experience, and with the price of Gap jeans being so much lower than BR jeans I feel like something has to be different in the material or manufacturing of them. Maybe not though , maybe people really are willing to just spend more for the BR name...
I find that the denim on Gap jeans is rougher and sometimes a bit thicker than Banana jeans. Banana jeans are really soft, yet have proven to be very durable for me in the past.

I'm still too :scrooge: to buy them, but I can see why some people would.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:09 am I only own one pair of non-work jeans. I think they are called Mugsy brand or something I bought them online when I was packing on the lbs because they claimed to be stretchy as dark. I've put on 40lbs since buying them and they still fit. :notbad: For work I own some Carhartt pants, but my favorite pair has a gigantic burn hole inside the left thigh.
You might want to see a doctor if your gas is burning a hole in your pants.

I will say though, that is :impressive: from a man's point of view.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am Old Navy is K-Mart quality. Good for kids who will outgrow stuff quickly, or other :aintcare: uses like working outside.

I just wear stuff from the thrift store for working outside. Cheaper than Old Navy, and can be better quality depending on what you find.

I'm too lazy to hunt for things at thrift stores, especially since almost everything is way too big for me. It might be different if we lived in a real city with some skinny people.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am
Detroit wrote: I just wear stuff from the thrift store for working outside. Cheaper than Old Navy, and can be better quality depending on what you find.

I'm too lazy to hunt for things at thrift stores, especially since almost everything is way too big for me. It might be different if we lived in a real city with some skinny people.
Yea, as a :fatty: it works pretty well. Plus, wife enjoys going to thrift stores, so I never even have to set foot in one. She makes outings of it with friends. "Fun" :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:09 am I only own one pair of non-work jeans. I think they are called Mugsy brand or something I bought them online when I was packing on the lbs because they claimed to be stretchy as dark. I've put on 40lbs since buying them and they still fit. :notbad: For work I own some Carhartt pants, but my favorite pair has a gigantic burn hole inside the left thigh.
You might want to see a doctor if your gas is burning a hole in your pants.

I will say though, that is :impressive: from a man's point of view.
:lolol:
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am I'm too lazy to hunt for things at thrift stores, especially since almost everything is way too big for me. It might be different if we lived in a real city with some skinny people.
Yea, as a :fatty: it works pretty well. Plus, wife enjoys going to thrift stores, so I never even have to set foot in one. She makes outings of it with friends. "Fun" :disgust:
Ahhh yeah that makes sense. I wouldn't expect you to be shopping for :pinshit: finds.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 am

I find that the denim on Gap jeans is rougher and sometimes a bit thicker than Banana jeans. Banana jeans are really soft, yet have proven to be very durable for me in the past.

I'm still too :scrooge: to buy them, but I can see why some people would.
Yeah one of my buddy’s used to (might still) only buy them. I wanted to try them, but didn’t ever want to pay that kind of cash for jeans.
troyguitar

:notwrong: :derp:

SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am :notwrong: :derp:

:lol: :notwrong: but we’ve also gone from “lack of access to information” to every fucktard having a soapbox to spread misinformation from...