OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:45 pm

I'm actually quite fortunate in that regard. We had a pretty tight group in high school and I still do things with about 4 guys. One of them was with me when we went out with Max! We still have common interests and enjoy each other's company.
#metoo

My college friends are probably the closest other than my one real friend in Charlotte, but I also have several close friends from high school I still enjoy spending time with. I haven't met nearly as good people, haven't really made any new friends in about 9-10 years.
Its much harder to make quality friends after the complications of life arise......competing economic status shit, crotchfruit, wives and girlfriends that aren't compatible, all of that. When you're young, dumb and broke......much easier to make quality bonds.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:36 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm

#metoo

My college friends are probably the closest other than my one real friend in Charlotte, but I also have several close friends from high school I still enjoy spending time with. I haven't met nearly as good people, haven't really made any new friends in about 9-10 years.
Its much harder to make quality friends after the complications of life arise......competing economic status shit, crotchfruit, wives and girlfriends that aren't compatible, all of that. When you're young, dumb and broke......much easier to make quality bonds.
:dat:

Going through living in squalor in college with my rommate bros that were also my classmates and work mates. Pretty solid bonding. Hell, some of the friendships from high school that are less so now are a direct result of things you mentioned.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:25 pm We're getting the "when is the next one coming?" a lot lately, which is immediately shot down with a :hellno:
I absolutely love my munchkin, she's the center of my world, but we're not having another. She's a really good kiddo, IMO, and sacrifices are made but I think that for the most part she's well liked when we're out with friends who don't have kids.
Yeah.,..I seriously don't think I can do another kid.
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:33 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:27 pm

#metoo... my family couldn't afford Disney, hopefully it'll stay that way should CF hit my scene.
It's a horrible place for children and adults. Paying $150 to stand in line? Gonna be a hard no on that dawg.
Breh inflation is a bitch I'm pretty sure it's well north of 200 a day for a park hopper pass
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:25 pm We're getting the "when is the next one coming?" a lot lately, which is immediately shot down with a :hellno:
I absolutely love my munchkin, she's the center of my world, but we're not having another. She's a really good kiddo, IMO, and sacrifices are made but I think that for the most part she's well liked when we're out with friends who don't have kids.
Yeah.,..I seriously don't think I can do another kid.
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:33 pm

It's a horrible place for children and adults. Paying $150 to stand in line? Gonna be a hard no on that dawg.
Breh inflation is a bitch I'm pretty sure it's well north of 200 a day for a park hopper pass
I dunno.....I'll never set foot inside the Magic Kingdom again.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Now I know why Crang loves da habachi

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:20 pm Now I know why Crang loves da habachi

It's me. I'm hibachi chef, and it's not shrimp.
razr390

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:20 pm Now I know why Crang loves da habachi

It's me. I'm hibachi chef, and it's not shrimp.
Creamy goodness. :jizz:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:08 am Y'all are as wrong as can be about Disney BUT a plan is needed. If any of y'all want to go and have fun, talk to me first. I guarantee a good time. We go about annually.
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 pm
:wat: Seriously?!

Why are people so fucking nosey? None, one and done, or 10 and done, whatever works for the couple. I wish people would just mind their own damned business.
As someone who grew up as an only child, and born about 10 years after marriage. I feel like 2 kids are ideal for me, or so i thought. When my baby cousin was born 14 months ago, uncles crotchfruit, after spending a lot of time with them, it was hell to deal with the :baby: so that made me really think about what to do when it's essentially my turn. I kinda want a better childhood for my kid(s) than mine, even though mine went fairly good.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Detroit wrote: All the people our age around us just want to talk about :baby: or sports or going way too into something. Like one dude I was talking to recently I mentioned liking whiskey/scotch. He suggested we should drink some together because he was "a huge whiskey guy". OK, cool. Then he starts going on and on about his 100+ bottle collection, how expensive the bottles are, how hard they are to get, etc, etc but nothing about the tastes. BRUH All I want to do is sit on my porch and drink some fucking Scotch. I don't care what it costs or how rare it is. If I like it, I like it.

Meanwhile, my "closest" friend is 61. He's :waxer: AF and will just buy bottles of scotch that "sound neat". He'll bring it over and we'll just talk about random life shit or whatever while we sip the bottle down on the porch. We've done this with $500 bottles before and he never once mentioned price, rarity, etc. He opened it up, took a sip, and said "holy fuck", poured me a glass...and that was it. I'll reciprocate, but not with stuff that expensive. Doesn't matter, for us it's more about the relaxation and friendship. We're not trying to impress anyone

I don't care enough about things and status and whatever to get along with the people my age it seems. Everyone's just trying to impress one another, which I DGAF about.
Works for 15 years at getting a high status :waxer: job, buys :waxer: house, puts up :waxer: garage, drives :waxer: vehicles, drinks and eats at :waxer: places... Claims not to care about stuff or status.

Dude, you work awful hard for no fucking reason if you don't care about any of these things.
I actually watched a video once about what real low class, middle class and rich people do. Even though this may not be relevant to everyone, it is more of a general thing that I can confirm on what they said based on the people I know. For the rich, they only :troywax: on things that they can make an investments of and knowing they'll get money in return. For middle class, they mention they appear to look like rich people based on what they have, cars, clothes, house etc.

The point is. It is a matter of choice based on what things they wanna spend money on and what they don't. I for one, have no desire to get a big house or even a 5 bedroom single family, i'll still live in a 2 car garage townhouse or similar sized, probably in a waxer area at best. Get waxer cars, cuz car guy duh. I'll still buy clothes from the same shops, just buy more. So on so forth. I think maybe this has to do with me actually experiencing :waxer: things like fancy restaurants, 4-5 star hotels, etc. if i'm :waxer: i'll know for a fact that I will be in more piece of mind with spending money, but not spending it unnecessarily. :scrooge: habits? :iono:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:08 am Y'all are as wrong as can be about Disney BUT a plan is needed. If any of y'all want to go and have fun, talk to me first. I guarantee a good time. We go about annually.
Hmm dfd does disney 😏
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

We're looking at possibly going next year.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

My sister goes to disney a couple times a year. We're gonna try to do a sister trip soon. Gotta get a job first.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

We did Disney - Orlando a few times a year for the 6 years we lived in Palm Beach County. We always had fun and the kids LOVED it! By that last year, I was pretty burnt out of it, which I knew/know is very spoiled attitude when considering how many families who want to but will never be able to experience it......
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
Went in to work about 5 hours today. T'was our mid-year physical inventory. I wasn't out in the plant counting, I was in my office running programs and reports, making spreadsheets, etc. Felt pretty good.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

wap wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:35 pm :hai:
Went in to work about 5 hours today. T'was our mid-year physical inventory. I wasn't out in the plant counting, I was in my office running programs and reports, making spreadsheets, etc. Felt pretty good.
:fuckyeah: Feels so good to feel productive amirite?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

When are you back at work full-time WAP?
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

hooray! progress!
wap

Irish wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:12 am
:fuckyeah: Feels so good to feel productive amirite?
:yesth: :like:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 am When are you back at work full-time WAP?
I'm shooting for a week from Monday, on July 8th. I still won't be able to drive for 2 more weeks from then so I'll be getting a ride from the Mrs.
wap

haleyann wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:15 pm
hooray! progress!
:fuckyeah:
wap

wap wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:11 pm
I'm shooting for a week from Monday, on July 8th. I still won't be able to drive for 2 more weeks from then so I'll be getting a ride from the Mrs.
Truth be told, I'd love an additional week off but anything more than 4 weeks (the 8th) I'd have to take without pay since I only had 3 weeks plus my one week of sick pay, and I'd really rather not do that.
Irish

wap wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Truth be told, I'd love an additional week off but anything more than 4 weeks (the 8th) I'd have to take without pay since I only had 3 weeks plus my one week of sick pay, and I'd really rather not do that.
Yeah.....I gave myself 4 weeks.....I need to get back to work tomorrow. Vacation to Virginia Beach the following week anyway. I have mixed feelings about that. I don't want to expose my incision to too much sun and I can't eat regular food so it think I will be doing alot of lounging around pool side where I can get out of the sun and heat myself up soup and what not as I get hungry. Still, can't complain.
SAWCE

That’s a quick fucking turnaround. Good for you, but also would be nice to have a few extra weeks to make sure you’re fully ready.
SAWCE

Drank two beers over the last week. RIP gainz.

First one was good, Chronic Amber Ale from Pizza Port. Nice and malty. Second one, last night, was meh. Didn’t even finish it and it left my stomach turning for a while after. Coronado Brewing’s Mermaid Red Ale. Too happy for my liking.