OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm Super sweet wine like that is only drinkable on ice. The colder it gets, the more bitter it tastes. :science:
Agreed...which is why you chill it in the fridge.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm Super sweet wine like that is only drinkable on ice. The colder it gets, the more bitter it tastes. :science:
Agreed...which is why you chill it in the fridge.
It was in the fridge. Ice on top drops it another 10+ degrees without melting very much since it was cold-ish to start.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Taking a course writers managerial class.

It’s a 5 day course/40 hours. Provides 2 associates level credits.

Could be taught in two days. Not allowed to leave early. Even when the instructor is gone for hours and we just sit here on our phones.

How does this make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: Agreed...which is why you chill it in the fridge.
It was in the fridge. Ice on top drops it another 10+ degrees without melting very much since it was cold-ish to start.
Doesn’t matter anyway. Still drinking wine at work. Aka winning.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm Taking a course writers managerial class.

Could be taught in two days. Not allowed to leave early. Even when the instructor is gone for hours and we just sit here on our phones.

"higher" education. Glad to see our GI doll hairs getting used well.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Agreed...which is why you chill it in the fridge.
Still melts breh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm It was in the fridge. Ice on top drops it another 10+ degrees without melting very much since it was cold-ish to start.
Still melts breh.
:whocares:

Ice cold beverages are good. Ice cold beverages with alcohol are great.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Still melts breh.
:whocares:

Ice cold beverages are good. Ice cold beverages with alcohol are great.
I just don't like my wine watered down at all. Tastes :disgust:

I do agree that ice cold beverages with alcohol are great, but I prefer them to be mixed.
troyguitar

Brosé isn't really wine, it's adult capri sun.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 pm Brosé isn't really wine, it's adult capri sun.
Wait...is Brosé a real wine? I'm referring to Rosé which we tend to buy on the dry side so it's not very sweet, but very crisp, fruity (berries) and refreshing when chilled.

I hate sweet wine...but maybe I'd like it better watered down with ice?
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 pm Brosé isn't really wine, it's adult capri sun.
Wait...is Brosé a real wine? I'm referring to Rosé which we tend to buy on the dry side so it's not very sweet, but very crisp, fruity (berries) and refreshing when chilled.

I hate sweet wine...but maybe I'd like it better watered down with ice?
This is very sweet rosé in a box. You'd hate it cool, but it's pleasant on ice especially when it's hot out. Not that different from crappy light beers - they are terrible 90% of the time but :notbad: when ice cold on a hot day.

Dry rosé on ice would indeed be terrible.

It's not the water that changes the flavor, it's the temperature.
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm Taking a course writers managerial class.

"higher" education. Glad to see our GI doll hairs getting used well.
I mean the class is important. And they don’t want to lose the certification. But at some point it makes no sense. Either add course content. Or let us leave early and fight the system.

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

changemymindmeme.jpg
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm :fancy: :scrooge: lunch, the benefits of not being stuck in a cubicle at a zero tolerance place. Aldi :meat: and cheese with some boxed Brosé.

I WFH yesterday and had a similar Aldi charcuterie board for lunch :mahtroy:

Mine was sans the Brose :doe:
troyguitar

No pics but aldi pork chops in the motherfucking crock pot tonight were :notbad: tender and :moist:

I'm trying to get away from restaurants, especially in NY where the margins are even higher than everywhere else. Even having steaks last night was like $12 with wine? McDonald's costs more than that here. After having what was basically an Applebee's quality meal last week in town come out to $80 for two people, I had enough. No more going out unless it's on a road trip.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Just got an oil change from dealer for $39.95 full synthetic because they have a “typo” in their website and they’re honoring it if you “ask for the online coupon”.

:notbad:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Gonna go to baskin Robbins later and try the Stranger Things items. Thinking of either the USS Butterscotch or the Upside Down sundae :drool:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Watching It’s Always Sunny.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 pm Gonna go to baskin Robbins later and try the Stranger Things items. Thinking of either the USS Butterscotch or the Upside Down sundae :drool:
:fuckyeah:

We have an ice cream social at work Thursday to celebrate the acquisition of Control4 closing. Can’t wait for the ice cream, :aintcare: about the acquisition, but new products to sell is always good.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:25 pm No pics but aldi pork chops in the motherfucking crock pot tonight were :notbad: tender and :moist:

I'm trying to get away from restaurants, especially in NY where the margins are even higher than everywhere else. Even having steaks last night was like $12 with wine? McDonald's costs more than that here. After having what was basically an Applebee's quality meal last week in town come out to $80 for two people, I had enough. No more going out unless it's on a road trip.
:disgust:

I rarely go out to eat unless traveling. I do miss the Amex life :doe:

In4 crock pot pork recipe.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

One more day! Then exit interview at 9AM Thursday. :excited:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:Watching It’s Always Sunny.
:notbad:

I’m pooping with some company.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:02 pm One more day! Then exit interview at 9AM Thursday. :excited:
:carlton:
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:25 pm No pics but aldi pork chops in the motherfucking crock pot tonight were :notbad: tender and :moist:

Haha, not much of a recipe really. Throw pork chops in the bottom with some salt and pepper, add a bunch of random vegetables, let it cook on low for 8 hrs or so. Maybe put a few oz of water or wine in there if you want to ensure it doesn't dry out. Today was baby carrots, potatoes, and green peppers. 5 minutes prep in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home.

I have a few "recipes" like that which work out pretty well. A couple of frozen chicken thighs with a jar of aldi Tikka masala :sawce: in that thing comes out awesome, throw it over some instant white rice for a 4/7 meal with 10 minutes of prep time. Make it 5/7 with some garlic naan (also at aldi and you can freeze it so it's always good when you are ready for it). That one I normally start late the night before so the chicken really soaks in the spices. It ends up cooking for like 18 hrs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm
D Griff wrote:

Haha, not much of a recipe really. Throw pork chops in the bottom with some salt and pepper, add a bunch of random vegetables, let it cook on low for 8 hrs or so. Maybe put a few oz of water or wine in there if you want to ensure it doesn't dry out. Today was baby carrots, potatoes, and green peppers. 5 minutes prep in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home.

I have a few "recipes" like that which work out pretty well. A couple of frozen chicken thighs with a jar of aldi Tikka masala :sawce: in that thing comes out awesome, throw it over some instant white rice for a 4/7 meal with 10 minutes of prep time. Make it 5/7 with some garlic naan (also at aldi and you can freeze it so it's always good when you are ready for it). That one I normally start late the night before so the chicken really soaks in the spices. It ends up cooking for like 18 hrs.
:nice:

I picked up a jar of tikka masala at Aldi yesterday, will probably crock pot it tomorrow.