OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:11 pm Sorry if posted already. Equifax breach settlement page. If you were effected, you could get $125 pre paid card or more depending on your level of damage. I had to waste a a whole day last year on a Id theft. Then when I bought my truck I had to deal with removing the freeze

$125 card takes literally 2 minutes

https://eligibility.equifaxbreachsettle ... ligibility
:like:
Page said I was eligible so I filled it out.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:52 pm I claimed 2 hours of time for the hell of it, I probably wasted that much listening to people talk about it, regurgitating the same stories and possible actions/outcomes... in theory I'll get a $175 check at some point. :alpo:
Last edited by goIftdibrad on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:37 pm
Nice, thanks!

I signed up for credit monitoring. Seems like it could save me more than the $125 card.
I already have credit monitoring. Any idea how strict they are about claiming additional time? I'm cool with taking as much money as they'll give me.
Anything under 10 hours can be approved without document to support. I submitted a claim for 8 hours
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:52 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 pm

I already have credit monitoring. Any idea how strict they are about claiming additional time? I'm cool with taking as much money as they'll give me.
You have to describe the time you spent fixing whatever damage was done. You could make shit up, but I'm not sure how well that will fly.

You're entitled to $125 regardless.
I read the fine print, if you have to deal with this shit in the future you can hit them up again until 2024 or something and claim the time.

I choose not to lie about it now so that i can really take them later if they cause me pain.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:00 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:11 pm Sorry if posted already. Equifax breach settlement page. If you were effected, you could get $125 pre paid card or more depending on your level of damage. I had to waste a a whole day last year on a Id theft. Then when I bought my truck I had to deal with removing the freeze

$125 card takes literally 2 minutes

https://eligibility.equifaxbreachsettle ... ligibility
Doing the Lord's work here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:52 pm
You have to describe the time you spent fixing whatever damage was done. You could make shit up, but I'm not sure how well that will fly.

You're entitled to $125 regardless.
I read the fine print, if you have to deal with this shit in the future you can hit them up again until 2024 or something and claim the time.

I choose not to lie about it now so that i can really take them later if they cause me pain.
I just don't like to lie.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:14 pm

:dat:

Plus, if the free credit monitoring prevents headaches in the future, I'd rather just take that. I don't want to deal with ID :bs:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nor do i
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Plus, if the free credit monitoring prevents headaches in the future, I'd rather just take that. I don't want to deal with ID :bs:
Amex offers it for free. It's how I stopped the people trying to steal my shit last summer.

Major PITA too. When I bought the truck the diller and I had to jump through hoops to get the freeze lifted because I forgot my code.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Amex offers it for free. It's how I stopped the people trying to steal my shit last summer.

Major PITA too. When I bought the truck the diller and I had to jump through hoops to get the freeze lifted because I forgot my code.
Yea, I don't have an AMEX card. Citi lets you see your credit score, but I'm not sure that's as robust as real credit monitoring?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I have a few cards that offer credit monitoring, so I just took the $125 payout.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm I have a few cards that offer credit monitoring, so I just took the $125 payout.

Plus I did review all of my reports from the three major bureaus after the incident so I wrote that down too.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm I have a few cards that offer credit monitoring, so I just took the $125 payout.
Is the "monitoring" that CC's offer the same as what Equifax is offering?

All my CC's do is let me see my credit score and some credit history...but once you catch something on there, isn't it too late?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:12 pm

All my CC's do is let me see my credit score and some credit history...but once you catch something on there, isn't it too late?
I think it’s my discover card that has active monitoring and sends me alerts. One of them at least is more than the standard check your score and history stuff..
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:12 pm

I think it’s my discover card that has active monitoring and sends me alerts. One of them at least is more than the standard check your score and history stuff..
Oh wow. :notbad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

zero motivation to do anything else today. here till 6. I wont make it.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

GF made dinner last night :drool: and had those leftovers for lunch today. She also made me a kickass breakfast of toast with avocado, Gouda, and tomatoes. And some fruit.

We are now at In N Out.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 pm GF made dinner last night :drool: and had those leftovers for lunch today. She also made me a kickass breakfast of toast with avocado, Gouda, and tomatoes. And some fruit.

We are now at In N Out.
:fatty: times ahead.

She's eating for two, you aren't.

:hue:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:hai:

question is:

do I work 'hard' today and be off tomorrow, OR kinda fawk off and work half a day tomorrow for some OT?

decisions, decisions.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Got to play my first game of golf after a long while. I've been practicing at top golf couple times per month. That appears to be working. I got my form and swing better and more consistent.

Weather was too nice not to get outside and do something. Due to a crowded course and our late (5:00pm) arrival, shop dude only charged us for 1/2 course and said play as much as you can. Got about 14 good holes in before it was getting dark. I left the clubs in the car and will probably hit the driving range after work today.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:21 am :hai:

question is:

do I work 'hard' today and be off tomorrow, OR kinda fawk off and work half a day tomorrow for some OT?

decisions, decisions.
work hard every day.

:lolol: :yeahok:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:24 am Got to play my first game of golf after a long while. I've been practicing at top golf couple times per month. That appears to be working. I got my form and swing better and more consistent.

Weather was too nice not to get outside and do something. Due to a crowded course and our late (5:00pm) arrival, shop dude only charged us for 1/2 course and said play as much as you can. Got about 14 good holes in before it was getting dark. I left the clubs in the car and will probably hit the driving range after work today.
:notbad:

I should learn how to golf, but my knowledge ends at mini-golf and driving ranges. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:32 am
dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:24 am Got to play my first game of golf after a long while. I've been practicing at top golf couple times per month. That appears to be working. I got my form and swing better and more consistent.

:notbad:

I should learn how to golf, but my knowledge ends at mini-golf and driving ranges. :lol:
Its a hobby/sport that I've pickup and put down since i was 9 or 10. Got a set of jr clubs then and have gotten my dad's hand-me downs since. I somehow was a lot better in my middle teens and grew worse as I developed bad habits. So now at 30 Im focusing on smooth follow through and form for consistent accuracy. It can be a zen kinda thing. You definitely have to give it some time tho and realize your first few efforts will be shit.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I actually sunk my first real long straight putt on a real green yesterday. A solid 15' putt with a slight angle and dip.

I'm claiming "sunk" because my buddy didnt pull the flag and it was leaning which prevented my shot from going in. :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:21 am :hai:

question is:

decisions, decisions.
work hard every day.

:lolol: :yeahok:
never said i did
brain go brrrrrr