OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm

I put them in the same category of “fast casual” and the price range is similar, unlike comparing either of them to In N Out.
Burgers might be my favorite food. I categorize them a bit differently. Not by where you get them, but style.

I'd actually put Shake Shake and In N Out burgers in the same category..."basic burgers". Lettuce, tomato, onion, american cheese, sauce. That's it at a under $10/burger pricepoint.

Five Guys puts a ton of shit on the burger (or not always), but that combined with the the grease and whatnot I actually place with bar burgers. And yes, I'd actually debate going to a bar or Five Guys if I'm in the mood for a burger in this category. Also usually at an under $10 pricepoint

I also have creative burgers (no price limit), fancy basic burgers (above $10), and fancy bar burgers (above $10) categories.

:fullretard: :derp:
McDouble :doe:

:baconator:

Also, home made burger is best burger. $1.50 for 1/2 lb of ground :meat: with a slice of good cheese on it, slap it on a pretzel or onion roll and you're in business for <$3. :scrooge: :fatty:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:24 pm
Burgers might be my favorite food. I categorize them a bit differently. Not by where you get them, but style.

I'd actually put Shake Shake and In N Out burgers in the same category..."basic burgers". Lettuce, tomato, onion, american cheese, sauce. That's it at a under $10/burger pricepoint.

Five Guys puts a ton of shit on the burger (or not always), but that combined with the the grease and whatnot I actually place with bar burgers. And yes, I'd actually debate going to a bar or Five Guys if I'm in the mood for a burger in this category. Also usually at an under $10 pricepoint

I also have creative burgers (no price limit), fancy basic burgers (above $10), and fancy bar burgers (above $10) categories.

Also, home made burger is best burger. $1.50 for 1/2 lb of ground :meat: with a slice of good cheese on it, slap it on a pretzel or onion roll and you're in business for <$3. :scrooge: :fatty:
Truthfully, I think my favorite burger I've ever had is a home made one...and absolutely the cheapest.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

McDoubles have gotten expensive :(
Or at least they were in Seattle last weekend when I grabbed one. It was near $3. Not sure if that’s driven by their high minimum wage or if they’ve gotten that expensive everywhere and I just haven’t been in a while out here..
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Or at least they were in Seattle last weekend when I grabbed one. It was near $3. Not sure if that’s driven by their high minimum wage or if they’ve gotten that expensive everywhere and I just haven’t been in a while out here..
It's fucking weird and varies dramatically from store to store. Fast food is only cheap food anymore if you are very careful about ordering. Taco Bell is one of the worse offenders, I order online if I go there because the menu is huge despite every item having the same 3-5 ingredients. Two meals that are nearly identical can easily be $3 or $10 depending on exactly which version of things you order.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:34 pm

It's fucking weird and varies dramatically from store to store. Fast food is only cheap food anymore if you are very careful about ordering. Taco Bell is one of the worse offenders, I order online if I go there because the menu is huge despite every item having the same 3-5 ingredients. Two meals that are nearly identical can easily be $3 or $10 depending on exactly which version of things you order.
That’s annoying. I miss when McDoubles and McChickens were just always on the dollar menu.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

This is weird to me, I don't think I've ever spent more than $7 at taco bell
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

haleyann wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Specialty items are pricey AF for little value. If you know what to order and always order that, you can keep the price reasonable.

Though, down the street from us there's a Taco Bell and a 7-11 across from each other. The Taco Bell is the worst I've ever been to. Orders are never right, they're slow AF, it's terrible.

When we need cheap junk :drunk: food, we've been going to 7-11 instead. The taquitos are awesome, nachos are epic, can get a hot dog if in the mood for that, you do it all yourself so it's fast, correct, and cheap AF. Quality on par with Taco Bell too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

haleyann wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Come to NY! A quesadilla is $6 w/ tax, so if you add anything else you will blow that $7 budget. Their dollar menu stuff is $2-3. :fullretard:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Pirate letter has been delivered.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:11 pmTax.
Get outta here Blender. You just want MORE MORE MORE.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:46 pm Pirate letter has been delivered.
:fuckyeah:

send :fax: a copy so he can insert his name
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

exactly! but then you are all the will of $15livingwage candidates to install the 3-5 products correctly and in the correct amounts. The budget menu REALLY skrimps on ingredients. But if your local meat slingers are sub par you could make out big time with them dumping 10lbs of shit in a $1 wrap.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Tax.
:triggered:

TAXATION IS THEFT
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:54 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:49 pm :triggered:

TAXATION IS THEFT
I'm glad we've increased taxes on the poor and reduced them for corporations. American Jesus would be pleased.
:lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

TAXATION IS THEFT
I'm glad we've increased taxes on the poor and reduced them for corporations. American Jesus would be pleased.
no one is stopping you from paying moar.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

This is literally the dumbest argument there is.
He's calling you rich.

Wants to taste that :jizz:

FTFY
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:

TAXATION IS THEFT
:dat:

Creating jobs costs money. We wouldn't need so many taxes if we brought back slavery.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

This is literally the dumbest argument there is.
He's calling you rich.

Wants to taste that

:lolol:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:03 pm
[user not found] wrote:
:dat:

Creating jobs costs money. We wouldn't need so many taxes if we brought back slavery.
:notwrong:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Post it here!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

TAXATION IS THEFT
:thankstrump:
Apex

wap wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:38 pm
Post it here!
:lol: it was rather generic... not nearly epic as the OG pirate letter.
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:38 pm
Post it here!
Oh. :(

How was it received?
Apex

wap wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:43 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm

How was it received?
It was well received, I think. Sad to see me go, I have an outstanding reputation here, if I ever want to come back just call, etc.

Doesn't look like I'll get any "free" vacation doe, since exit interview is scheduled for Aug 1st. :flaccid:
wap

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:43 pm

How was it received?
It was well received, I think. Sad to see me go, I have an outstanding reputation here, if I ever want to come back just call, etc.

Doesn't look like I'll get any "free" vacation doe, since exit interview is scheduled for Aug 1st. :flaccid:
That's good. It's always best to leave on good terms whenever possible. And who knows, you may actually need them some day (hoping not doe).

What's your start date?