OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 am Yeah IF is nice because it does limit when you can eat, so it’s harder to over-eat in an 8 hour window than a normal 16-18 hour window assuming most people sleep 6-8 hours a night.

Being pre-diabetic, I almost want to put her on a Leto diet, but I don’t trust her enough to actually weigh out the fatty foods and not just keep over eating her calories by going overboard with the fat calories.
Didn't you say that IF was good for diabetics? Maybe it's an option?
Definitely can be since you can get re-sensitized to insulin. I didn’t want to start her out on that right away though since she’s one to push back against restrictions. I’ll get her in the groove of just eating less processed shit, and then we’ll look at doing stuff like that.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:08 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 am
Didn't you say that IF was good for diabetics? Maybe it's an option?
Definitely can be since you can get re-sensitized to insulin. I didn’t want to start her out on that right away though since she’s one to push back against restrictions. I’ll get her in the groove of just eating less processed shit, and then we’ll look at doing stuff like that.
Interesting.

I too struggle with restrictions, which is why every other "diet" I've tried ultimately fails. I hate limiting what I eat because I can get vicious cravings for stuff. Makes zero sense, but that's how it is. But restricting WHEN I eat has been far easier for me for some reason.

Cutting processed stuff is a critical first step, though...I agree with you there. We eat next to zero processed foods, that change was also somewhat easy and we've felt better doing it for a while.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:14 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:08 am

Interesting.

I too struggle with restrictions, which is why every other "diet" I've tried ultimately fails. I hate limiting what I eat because I can get vicious cravings for stuff. Makes zero sense, but that's how it is. But restricting WHEN I eat has been far easier for me for some reason.

Cutting processed stuff is a critical first step, though...I agree with you there. We eat next to zero processed foods, that change was also somewhat easy and we've felt better doing it for a while.
:fuckyeah:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm Speaking of.. someone I’m kinda friends with hit me up yesterday about my training rates. Said she’d been to the doctor and was told she needs to lose weight because she’s at risk of a bunch of stuff like beetus. She’s always been on the heavy side as long as I’ve known her, but I didn’t ever think it was that bad. Gave her my rates, told her to check in with me this morning with a current weight after waking up and using the bathroom so I could start working on a plan. She texts me this morning “195.8” Holy fuck, my jaw dropped. This chick is maybe 5’4” tops. She’s well into the obese range and pushing into extreme/morbid obesity.

Sent her a sample plan of what I think would be good for her. Hopefully she follows through, but I’m not expecting much as she already is trying to swap out real meat for sausage from the plan I gave her.
In4beforeandafterpics
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm Speaking of.. someone I’m kinda friends with hit me up yesterday about my training rates. Said she’d been to the doctor and was told she needs to lose weight because she’s at risk of a bunch of stuff like beetus. She’s always been on the heavy side as long as I’ve known her, but I didn’t ever think it was that bad. Gave her my rates, told her to check in with me this morning with a current weight after waking up and using the bathroom so I could start working on a plan. She texts me this morning “195.8” Holy fuck, my jaw dropped. This chick is maybe 5’4” tops. She’s well into the obese range and pushing into extreme/morbid obesity.

Sent her a sample plan of what I think would be good for her. Hopefully she follows through, but I’m not expecting much as she already is trying to swap out real meat for sausage from the plan I gave her.
In4beforeandafterpics
Butmostlyafter
SAWCE

In4beforeandafterpics
Butmostlyafter
She still won’t be cute. Very butch lesbian gal. If she had any facial hair she could pass for a dude. Looks like a 12 year old boy as is with her baby face.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 am My gout flareup got worse and not better yesterday :rage: If better again today, but fuck me running this is some stupid shit
Isn't gout caused/controllable by diet doe?
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:07 amHello
:howdy:

You've been scarce around these parts lately. :disappoint:
wap

dubshow wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:19 am
razr390 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:07 amHello
darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk to you again...
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am
Butmostlyafter
She still won’t be cute. Very butch lesbian gal. If she had any facial hair she could pass for a dude. Looks like a 12 year old boy as is with her baby face.
Ok, never mind then. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:57 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am

Ok, never mind then. :lol:
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 am My gout flareup got worse and not better yesterday :rage: If better again today, but fuck me running this is some stupid shit
for most yes.

I had a bunch of beers friday, then spent saturday outside and tired to drink a bunch of water but i guess not enough.... high purines - water = flareup :/

I went and got a shot to help, burns like a mofo so that means its working right?
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:05 am
wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am

for most yes.

I had a bunch of beers friday, then spent saturday outside and tired to drink a bunch of water but i guess not enough.... high purines - water = flareup :/

I went and got a shot to help, burns like a mofo so that means its working right?
Not judging, but your drinking habits are not doing you any favors where your gout is concerned, dude. Plus, shellfish, an airboatlandia staple, and red :meat: are also contributors to gout. :thisisfine:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:24 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:05 am

for most yes.

Not judging, but your drinking habits are not doing you any favors where your gout is concerned, dude. Plus, shellfish, an airboatlandia staple, and red :meat: are also contributors to gout. :thisisfine:
I know this. The thing is, everything is a trigger it seems, just different for different people.

For me its beer and refined carbs, esp together. Meat and fish not so much. I mean, i have not had a drink since saturday and its not been gettin better so i tapped medical intervention.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:41 am
wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:24 am

I know this. The thing is, everything is a trigger it seems, just different for different people.

For me its beer and refined carbs, esp together. Meat and fish not so much. I mean, i have not had a drink since saturday and its not been gettin better so i tapped medical intervention.
Didn't mean to sound preachy. Just wanted to point out that relief is within your control. :like: Good luck with it going forward. :)
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:18 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:41 am

Didn't mean to sound preachy. Just wanted to point out that relief is within your control. :like: Good luck with it going forward. :)
I hear ya, and I think i do a good jerb of controlling it. Its been about 6 months since my last attack.

I really think its stress related with the HOA shit, well certainly not helping.

I do hope it can clear up good by the weekend....going on vacation and I do like to have a drink or 10 sometimes. But I guess I'll stick to whiskey and wine and severely limit the beers.

Going to tennessee and not going to drive something hard and fast feels weird. I guess i can try to talk the older kids going into some karts and bring them to school :lol:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

forgot to add the shot has already helped tons....i barely feel it at the moment.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Going to tennessee and not going to drive something hard and fast
:butwhy:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Family vacation in big mansion like cabin.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
I know. I mean he has a wife.

:hue:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:44 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:18 pm
I hear ya, and I think i do a good jerb of controlling it. Its been about 6 months since my last attack.

I really think its stress related with the HOA shit, well certainly not helping.

I do hope it can clear up good by the weekend....going on vacation and I do like to have a drink or 10 sometimes. But I guess I'll stick to whiskey and wine and severely limit the beers.

Going to tennessee and not going to drive something hard and fast feels weird. I guess i can try to talk the older kids going into some karts and bring them to school :lol:
:word:
Stress can be a source for all kinds of bad shit in our bodies, for sure.

Get into a cart to blow off some of the stress :fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i think i just had an unintentional nap
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:55 pm i think i just had an unintentional nap
:notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:55 pm i think i just had an unintentional nap
:wrong:

it was fully intentional.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I love naps.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.