Drives: Ebombtra

Holy fucking cankles..
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:gag:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

holy shit the dude on the right is about to lose his feet
Those aren't legs, those are stumps.
:lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

holy shit the dude on the right is about to lose his feet
Those aren't legs, those are stumps.
Must be all that standing in Dante's 3rd Circle of Hell :themoreyouknow:
SAWCE

Phone interview with GD NASSCO's contracts manager last week has turned into an in person interview for later this week. I hope this one finally turns into a job. Will be my third interview down there over three weeks. Compliance team, cost analysis team, and now contracts. Both of the prior teams told the contracts team to look at me, so hopefully they're as impressed with me as everyone else thinks they will be.
wap

Good luck, :sawce:
SAWCE

Thanks WAP!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:54 pm Phone interview with GD NASSCO's contracts manager last week has turned into an in person interview for later this week. I hope this one finally turns into a job. Will be my third interview down there over three weeks. Compliance team, cost analysis team, and now contracts. Both of the prior teams told the contracts team to look at me, so hopefully they're as impressed with me as everyone else thinks they will be.
Go without a shirt.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:54 pm Phone interview with GD NASSCO's contracts manager last week has turned into an in person interview for later this week. I hope this one finally turns into a job. Will be my third interview down there over three weeks. Compliance team, cost analysis team, and now contracts. Both of the prior teams told the contracts team to look at me, so hopefully they're as impressed with me as everyone else thinks they will be.
Go without a shirt.
:massles:
SAWCE

Go without a shirt.
That reminds me.. don' think I updated here after my interview there last Wednesday. We were scheduled for rain on and off throughout the day. When I left work to head to the interview it was clear, but as soon as I got on the freeway headed down it started coming down pretty good. I wasn't wearing my suit, since I don't dress up at work and it's not public knowledge that I'm searching for a new job. Finally cleared up as I got to Chula Vista so I could change on the side of the road/back of the :jeep: real quick. Get that done, drive to the location, park. Things are looking good now, sun is out a bit. Being at the shipyard, you have to badge in and out, go through turnstiles, etc.. I get to the guard office, tell them I'm there for an interview, looking for Brett. Guard hasn't seen him all day, I have to go to HR office around the corner and get an HR rep to badge me in. Find the guy Todd I'd been scheduling everything with, and he walks me back to the guard post. As I'm signing in, it starts sprinkling a bit. We're both standing outside the post waiting for Brett now, and it fucking dumps. Second or third heaviest rain I've seen in my 5 years down here in SD. As we're standing there, the first shift employees are getting off work and rushing out through the gate, making looking for Brett even more difficult. One of the guards finally lets us come inside, out of the rain. We decide to fuck waiting for Brett, rush the gate, badge through, and go into his building and find him. I get to the turnstile, and my badge from security doesn't work. So had to go back through the rain to the guard shack and ask what was up. While we'd been standing in there before, they lost power because of the storm, so they think it has to do with that. Tells me to go back to the turnstile and they'll manually buzz me in. 15 minutes after the downpour starts, I'm finally inside the building and getting introduced, sopping fucking wet in my woolen suit, to Brett. He let's me take my jacket off and hang it on his door so it can dry a bit and I can be a little more comfortable. White shirt, and no undershirt, so I was definitely showing some nip.

Dropped suit off at the dry cleaners first thing after the interview.

No Desertbreh-esque flourishes to my writing, just a funny story of an unfortunate incident. Luckily I still crushed the interview. Apparently too hard since I was deemed over qualified :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Go without a shirt.
That reminds me.. don' think I updated here after my interview there last Wednesday. We were scheduled for rain on and off throughout the day. When I left work to head to the interview it was clear, but as soon as I got on the freeway headed down it started coming down pretty good. I wasn't wearing my suit, since I don't dress up at work and it's not public knowledge that I'm searching for a new job. Finally cleared up as I got to Chula Vista so I could change on the side of the road/back of the :jeep: real quick. Get that done, drive to the location, park. Things are looking good now, sun is out a bit. Being at the shipyard, you have to badge in and out, go through turnstiles, etc.. I get to the guard office, tell them I'm there for an interview, looking for Brett. Guard hasn't seen him all day, I have to go to HR office around the corner and get an HR rep to badge me in. Find the guy Todd I'd been scheduling everything with, and he walks me back to the guard post. As I'm signing in, it starts sprinkling a bit. We're both standing outside the post waiting for Brett now, and it fucking dumps. Second or third heaviest rain I've seen in my 5 years down here in SD. As we're standing there, the first shift employees are getting off work and rushing out through the gate, making looking for Brett even more difficult. One of the guards finally lets us come inside, out of the rain. We decide to fuck waiting for Brett, rush the gate, badge through, and go into his building and find him. I get to the turnstile, and my badge from security doesn't work. So had to go back through the rain to the guard shack and ask what was up. While we'd been standing in there before, they lost power because of the storm, so they think it has to do with that. Tells me to go back to the turnstile and they'll manually buzz me in. 15 minutes after the downpour starts, I'm finally inside the building and getting introduced, sopping fucking wet in my woolen suit, to Brett. He let's me take my jacket off and hang it on his door so it can dry a bit and I can be a little more comfortable. White shirt, and no undershirt, so I was definitely showing some nip.

No Desertbreh-esque flourishes to my writing, just a funny story of an unfortunate incident. Luckily I still crushed the interview. Apparently too hard since I was deemed over qualified :lol:
That is some unfortunate timing, lol.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Go without a shirt.

5/7 story will read again. :lol:
Too bad you didn't get the gig. You probably intimidated Brett too much with your see-through shirt and wet pecs.
SAWCE

Was an interesting experience for sure. HR rep, Todd, actually ended up being a cool dude and we exchanged a few emails laughing about it afterwards.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Go without a shirt.

Um.... you probably didn't get the job because of Brett's latent man :boner:
:sawce: = :hubba:

NOT that there is anything wrong with that......
Last edited by Irish on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Go without a shirt.

So you won the wet t shirt contest or nah?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Lost my job today, but it's for the best. I wanted out bad anyways.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:15 pm Lost my job today, but it's for the best. I wanted out bad anyways.
Sorry to hear that dude. I remember you talking about potential lay offs a while back.

You have something lined up, or at least a few irons in the fire?
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 pm

So you won the wet t shirt contest or nah?
I was about to get DQ'd until I pulled out the :fatty: dance.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:15 pm Lost my job today, but it's for the best. I wanted out bad anyways.
Sorry man. That makes for a shitty day. But hey at least now you’re forced to look for something new and better.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Sorry to hear that dude. I remember you talking about potential lay offs a while back.

I'll be working at my uncle's body shop until I find something new, but I've got an interview lined up for Thursday afternoon.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 pm

I'll be working at my uncle's body shop until I find something new, but I've got an interview lined up for Thursday afternoon.
:nice:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Sorry man. That makes for a shitty day. But hey at least now you’re forced to look for something new and better.
Exactly. That place was a dead end for me, and everyone else there