OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:22 pm People in my gym suck, it seems like everytime i go to a bathroom stall, people refuse to flush nor clean after themselves :bruh: no one wants to see your shit, are you that lazy to do a small single task even though you grunt your ass off doing deadlifts of only 135 ibs? :wtf:
:gag:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 pm Hows my comrades??
:hai: malaka

Just found out 3 coworkers are going to Greece in May on a business trip and I'm not going. :(
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm So yesterday I got a CEL, but the car drove just fine and didn’t show any indication that something was wrong,
:lolol: this is my lyfe. I live with the cel on, clear it to get inspection. Still runs ALL THE BOOOSTTTTTT
What’s an inspection. :gaydance:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 pm Hows my comrades??
:hai: malaka

Just found out 3 coworkers are going to Greece in May on a business trip and I'm not going. :(
:wap:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm

:lolol: this is my lyfe. I live with the cel on, clear it to get inspection. Still runs ALL THE BOOOSTTTTTT
just more taxes we have to pay and a yearly inconvenience.
brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 am

:dat:

I'm due....but I have a small crack in the wind shield right underwear the sticker goes ...... this will be the second WS replacement in the past year..... dat 40 mile commute :doe:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Safety inspections are one thing I didn’t have in Florida that I am happy to pay for in Virginia because it helps keep raggedy ass cars off the roads.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am

I'm due....but I have a small crack in the wind shield right underwear the sticker goes ...... this will be the second WS replacement in the past year..... dat 40 mile commute :doe:
they care about a small crack?

shit, i got inspected and the crack was fully across the windshield. just low.

line of sight baby.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 am

Safety inspections are one thing I didn’t have in Florida that I am happy to pay for in Virginia because it helps keep raggedy ass cars off the roads.

Just like mandatory insurance requirements, people will defy the law.
Irish

dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 am
Irish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 am

they care about a small crack?

shit, i got inspected and the crack was fully across the windshield. just low.

line of sight baby.
Its small but right where the sticker goes..... if it were on the other side I might get away with it
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:disgust: and your :disgust: of the polar bears.

:member: when they first attempted introduced the requirements for emissions testing? I do. The local news crew brought a brand new car and it failed lol. That never took flight.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/here-s-where-y ... -is-going/
The Environmental Protection Agency has deemed the air quality in five parishes, East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Ascension, Livingston and Iberville Parishes, to be more closely monitored by the Department of Environmental Quality. That's attributed to a few factors, including population and industrial plant presence and it's why those five parishes require an emissions test. The inspection stickers in those parishes cost $18 a year and two-year inspection issuance is not allowed. The increased cost offsets the cost of necessary air quality emissions testing equipment each station is required to use.

For the most part, the cost is divided three ways: $4.75 to the station performing the inspection; $4 goes to Louisiana State Police; and $1.25 goes to the Office of Motor Vehicles. The extra $8 cost in the five parishes goes to the emission testing. The revenue is used to fund the operating budget of each agency.

That revenue adds up. Louisiana State Police's portion of one year stickers and CVI stickers is about $3.5 million. LSP's portion of two-year stickers is about $8.75 million. The OMV's portion of CVI and one-year stickers is about $1.2 million and its portion of two-year stickers is about $2.7 million.

The cost to produce stickers per thousand is $38.86, CVI stickers cost $419.16 per thousand (price is high because of quantity ordered), rejection stickers cost $52.93 per thousand, and emissions stickers cost about $5.05 per thousand. The total purchase order for all items ordered for FY17 was $273,025.

Drivers found in violation of not having an up-to-date inspection sticker face a maximum $500 penalty and possible jail time of up to six months.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:15 am

:disgust: and your :disgust: of the polar bears.

:member: when they first attempted introduced the requirements for emissions testing? I do. The local news crew brought a brand new car and it failed lol. That never took flight.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/here-s-where-y ... -is-going/
The Environmental Protection Agency has deemed the air quality in five parishes, East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Ascension, Livingston and Iberville Parishes, to be more closely monitored by the Department of Environmental Quality. That's attributed to a few factors, including population and industrial plant presence and it's why those five parishes require an emissions test. The inspection stickers in those parishes cost $18 a year and two-year inspection issuance is not allowed. The increased cost offsets the cost of necessary air quality emissions testing equipment each station is required to use.

For the most part, the cost is divided three ways: $4.75 to the station performing the inspection; $4 goes to Louisiana State Police; and $1.25 goes to the Office of Motor Vehicles. The extra $8 cost in the five parishes goes to the emission testing. The revenue is used to fund the operating budget of each agency.

That revenue adds up. Louisiana State Police's portion of one year stickers and CVI stickers is about $3.5 million. LSP's portion of two-year stickers is about $8.75 million. The OMV's portion of CVI and one-year stickers is about $1.2 million and its portion of two-year stickers is about $2.7 million.

The cost to produce stickers per thousand is $38.86, CVI stickers cost $419.16 per thousand (price is high because of quantity ordered), rejection stickers cost $52.93 per thousand, and emissions stickers cost about $5.05 per thousand. The total purchase order for all items ordered for FY17 was $273,025.

Drivers found in violation of not having an up-to-date inspection sticker face a maximum $500 penalty and possible jail time of up to six months.
Not sure why they need stickers. Do they not have technology out there?

We've had SMOG checks for many decades here with no need for special stickers. You fail, you don't get your registration.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 am

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:38 am

:wrong:

In places the law is properly enforced, it works great.
meh, I see busted shit boxes everywhere and in numerous states. Locally, the police dont make a habit of harassing the poors. "What good would it do?" They would also be deemed racist/targeting and shamed because of the strong correlation, regionally, of race and poverty which equals uninsured shit boxes on the road.

edit: also as frusterating, teh cops setup check points for inspection sticker dates in well to do areas. IE where teh poors are not. Its just another unequally enforced tax." Oh, you are 1 month out on your newish $25-50k car?? Here is a $275 ticket. Drive safely. "

:triggered:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 am

Ehhhh.

NJ got rid of safety inspections a couple years ago and the number of cars with missing headlights, bald tires, bad brakes, and other very unsafe maladies has skyrocketed.
interesting. You can still be cited for those violations, correct?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:26 am

interesting. You can still be cited for those violations, correct?
I guess?

:narc: would rather pull you over for speeding, expired registration/emissions inspection, or missing front tag probably.
Except :notsure: on the front plate bit. I've never had an issue without it before.
Irish

Ehhhh.

NJ got rid of safety inspections a couple years ago and the number of cars with missing headlights, bald tires, bad brakes, and other very unsafe maladies has skyrocketed.
Back in the day...one had to take at least a half day off from work to get inspected at a state run inspection station...... A Full Day to do anything at DMV

Fun Fact..... they checked brakes by stopping distance....a trooper would get in, floor it and SLAM on the brakes......
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:54 am
wap wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:38 pm

:yesth:
That was a 5/7 movie. Much more than just a rom-com.

I enjoyed it.

Also, Zooey.
:drool:
Dem eyes
Apex

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Ehhhh.

Back in the day...one had to take at least a half day off from work to get inspected at a state run inspection station...... A Full Day to do anything at DMV

Fun Fact..... they checked brakes by stopping distance....a trooper would get in, floor it and SLAM on the brakes......
:science:
wap

You're right. Any laws that people are liable to break should just be stricken from the books.
Irish

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:48 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am

I guess?

:narc: would rather pull you over for speeding, expired registration/emissions inspection, or missing front tag probably.
Except :notsure: on the front plate bit. I've never had an issue without it before.
PA :aintcare:

Front Plates? We ain't got no front plates! We don't need no front plates! I don't have to show you any stinking front plates!

I let me registration lapse somehow and I recently got pulled over by our hot local female copper.....she was on me like a pit bull on a poodle....
Dat licence plate reader :doe:

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-new ... 1625253304
Apex

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:48 am

PA :aintcare:

Front Plates? We ain't got no front plates! We don't need no front plates! I don't have to show you any stinking front plates!

I let me registration lapse somehow and I recently got pulled over by our hot local female copper.....she was on me like a pit bull on a poodle....
Dat licence plate reader :doe:

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-new ... 1625253304
Front plates are annoying. Easy to cut some gubment cost by eliminating them.
Irish

TT I was born on this day, 17 centuries after FAP....
Apex

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 pm TT I was born on this day, 17 centuries after FAP....
Happy Birfday!
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Happy birthday Brian!