OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 pm Fun story from the trip...

When we got to the airport last week, covered parking was full. There was one spot, and it was empty because someone parked their mini van ON the line. My dad looked and determined he could park there, so he did. Set it perfectly between the lines, but kind of screwed over the mini van. He took a photo for the lolz.

Got back to the car last night, noticed a note on the windshield "thanks for parking like an DBAG <3 Blue mini van". Whatever.

Start the car and smell gas really bad, whatever.

Pull out of the spot and get down to the exit, still smelling gas. Dad pulls over and somehow some one (probably <3 Blue van bitch) pulled the return fuel line under the car. Fuel was spewing everywhere.

Shut the car off, call airport police and they come by. Dad showed his lolz pic of the parking job (which had the partial license plate of the van in it) to police. Officer pulled it up and found there was only one van that model and color with that partial plate in the database. He also took a picture of the note they left, and our statement.

Meanwhile, Airport parking people are full :triggered: that we just sprayed fuel all over the parking garage. They're going to look at surveillance tapes and likely go after them for clean up costs.

I crawled under the car and it looked like they used something to pry the line apart at a slip connect fitting using the feed line as leverage. I just pushed the line back together at the fitting, started the car and no leaks. We drove it home on side roads just in case but with no leaks, dad's getting the car on his lift today to verify damage.

Fortunate that it doesn't seem like anything costly, and they didn't ding the door which blew our minds, but who does that in the dead of winter in Michigan? It's a sad individual who would take the time to do that after THEY were the ones that parked like an ass to begin with. World needs a plague.
Man fuck people.

I had a similar incident here that I think I posted before. Get to a parking lot, see one open corner space, spot next to it the CUV was over the line into this spot. Said "fuck it" and JEEPLYFE parked right up against the curb on the drivers side. I would have had to open my door into bushes, but I was parked in my spot and not over the line like he was.

Dudebro rushes out of the little eatery he was ask raging asking if I was really going to park like that and block him from getting into his car. I just looked back and forth between him and his car a few times and pointed out that he was the one who had fucked up.

Ended with him apologizing after I got out the Jeep when he tried walking up to my door. :lolol:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm

When we got to the airport last week, covered parking was full. There was one spot, and it was empty because someone parked their mini van ON the line. My dad looked and determined he could park there, so he did. Set it perfectly between the lines, but kind of screwed over the mini van. He took a photo for the lolz.

Got back to the car last night, noticed a note on the windshield "thanks for parking like an DBAG <3 Blue mini van". Whatever.

Pull out of the spot and get down to the exit, still smelling gas. Dad pulls over and somehow some one (probably <3 Blue van bitch) pulled the return fuel line under the car. Fuel was spewing everywhere.

Shut the car off, call airport police and they come by. Dad showed his lolz pic of the parking job (which had the partial license plate of the van in it) to police. Officer pulled it up and found there was only one van that model and color with that partial plate in the database. He also took a picture of the note they left, and our statement.

Meanwhile, Airport parking people are full :triggered: that we just sprayed fuel all over the parking garage. They're going to look at surveillance tapes and likely go after them for clean up costs.

I crawled under the car and it looked like they used something to pry the line apart at a slip connect fitting using the feed line as leverage. I just pushed the line back together at the fitting, started the car and no leaks. We drove it home on side roads just in case but with no leaks, dad's getting the car on his lift today to verify damage.

Fortunate that it doesn't seem like anything costly, and they didn't ding the door which blew our minds, but who does that in the dead of winter in Michigan? It's a sad individual who would take the time to do that after THEY were the ones that parked like an ass to begin with. World needs a plague.
Man fuck people.

I had a similar incident here that I think I posted before. Get to a parking lot, see one open corner space, spot next to it the CUV was over the line into this spot. Said "fuck it" and JEEPLYFE parked right up against the curb on the drivers side. I would have had to open my door into bushes, but I was parked in my spot and not over the line like he was.

Dudebro rushes out of the little eatery he was ask raging asking if I was really going to park like that and block him from getting into his car. I just looked back and forth between him and his car a few times and pointed out that he was the one who had fucked up.

Ended with him apologizing after I got out the Jeep when he tried walking up to my door. :lolol:
:massles: FTW.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Man fuck people.

It's just remarkable how stupid and self centered people are.

If I was in that position, I'd be pissed at first until I realized that I WAS THE ONE THAT PARKED LIKE A JACKASS. I'd go :notbad: for the person parking properly and climb in through the passenger side or back seat like I deserved.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Man fuck people.

If I was in that position, I'd be pissed at first until I realized that I WAS THE ONE THAT PARKED LIKE A JACKASS. I'd go :notbad: for the person parking properly and climb in through the passenger side or back seat like I deserved.
Yeah I've had a knee jerk reaction to somebody flipping me off or whatever and then after some reasoned thought, it becomes apparent that I had it coming and the flipper walked the path of the righteous man.
Accountability can be a bitch sometimes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Man fuck people.

I was just a few weeks out from my show at this point too, so I was tan, had my skeletor face going on, and my head clean shaved, but hadn't trimmed the beard down yet. I probably looked like a crazy druggie :lol:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Yeah I've had a knee jerk reaction to somebody flipping me off or whatever and then after some reasoned thought, it becomes apparent that I had it coming and the flipper walked the path of the righteous man.
Accountability can be a bitch sometimes.
:dat: I try to give a humle wave of appology in those instances and hope they see it and know that I know I fucked up.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

datgrundle wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 pm
Should’ve had snow tires.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

That was an ultimate :alpo: in regards of catching the person who did this, i would’ve that the lolz pic of the van fully regardless, i dont know why. But glad it worked out
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:56 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm

I was just a few weeks out from my show at this point too, so I was tan, had my skeletor face going on, and my head clean shaved, but hadn't trimmed the beard down yet. I probably looked like a crazy druggie :lol:
:jimp: :lol:
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 pm
:dat:

:lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 pm
Try telling that to most BMW non-enthusiastic drivers, they’ll be like :wat:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:39 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:13 pm
If the r32 shits the bed I’m going to quit with cars. I’m buying a corolla and never modifying a car again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on the history my friend has had with his Mk4 R32, at least start looking for a sporty Corolla.
Im not getting rid of the miata anytime soon. Its running well and just needs a few little things fixed here and there.
Barnes93cb

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:34 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:13 pm
If the r32 shits the bed I’m going to quit with cars. I’m buying a corolla and never modifying a car again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much you’re willing to spend money on a new or cpo car?
Why not get something like an elantra with 1.6t, comes with dual clutch trans and manual and pretty cheap. Or If you don’t mind the looks, the velobster turbo
Honestly I dont put that many miles on a car. I think ive put 12k total on my car and bike in the last 2.5 years.
So I really dont need much in terms of anything special.
Barnes93cb

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:45 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Based on the history my friend has had with his Mk4 R32, at least start looking for a sporty Corolla.
:lolgasm:

Yeah I mean the purchases have been a Turbo Miata (not a stock Speed Miata, one a dude just added boost to. That is old AF. ) Next, a 20 yoa VR6. How is it going to go good unless you're Jay Leno or Melon and completely tear the car apart and restore it? Barnes, you've got guts, and West Texas is a place that gives you more time than most, but personally I'd be considering a cold beer and the local talent in Amarillo vs. dissecting your Messerschmitt every night. :kermitdrinkingteamemedoe:
Hell no. Im enjoying working on the cars. I just dont want to swap an engine immediately because an owner didnt do proper maintenance.

The miata was a great learning experience and its been running well since the engine replacement. I just have a few small leaks that need to be addressed one of these days. Most of my issues with the miata are personal dislikes. nothing crazy and the car starts up every morning just fine.
wap

New passport showed up today. :megusta:
My 4th since I've been an adult and my 5th overall.

Weird thing is, the pic makes me look like I have a mustache and I haven't had one since the stupid little weak one I had in high school.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

So I have a bit of an off situation at work. First off apologies for poor sentence structure or sentences that may be out of place as I'm typing this on my phone. Short background:

I have a co-worker who is the type that's always complaining/everyone is out to get me/I'm always the one getting fucked attitude. He's been fired from every job he's ever had, and will leave work early or not come in at all randomly with no explanation, and has disappeared without a trace for up to two weeks at a time. He's a terrible employee but he gets paid absolute dog shit money so the boss keeps him around. Anyways on Tuesday he didn't come into work, but that wasn't surprising as he wouldn't have had anything to do for his first couple of hours that day, and that's the type of excuse he will have for not coming in. He showed up Wednesday and was oddly quiet. He did a little welding until lunch maybe which our shop takes at noon. After lunch he opened up the welder he borrowed from me while I was "fixing" his. I use quotes because I didn't see any problems with it but I replaced some components that do fail from time to time. So after lunch I see he had the spool and drive wheel side of my welder open, and he was tinkering with things in there, which I thought was odd since it worked fine for me. I didn't bother asking him about it since I had my own shit to do, but he had the side panel open for the next three hours until he left. Today he comes in and continues tinkering with it for another three hours, but today he looked even more out of it that yesterday. After he closed the panel to the welder he fucked around inside the door of his air filtration system, messing with the latch on the door, taking the filter out and putting it back in. When he finished with that he brought my welder back and took his back. I thought nothing of it at the time. Then he proceeds to lay a chain on the floor in front of his work area and starts mumbling to himself. Another co-worker went to grab something, crossed the chain "border" and he proceeds to flip out and physically threaten the other guy. Not long after the kid that works next to me asked what was fixed in my welder, and opened up the side panel to check. There was some sort of cryptic message written in it. I'll use all caps to show what was written, and lower case letters to show which were deliberately left out. "MAR6 MANAGe PLAN (POPOWITCH) ATTeN NI66 (MAYO)". Now a little more background:. The manager's last name is Maio, pronounced exactly like Mayo in Cinco de Mayo, and these two guys do not like each other. The owner of the company is in Australia until March 6th, and he doesn't like the owner either. So then after he leaves someone noticed some more cryptic messages written all over his work area like "SAFeTY IS NOT ACCIDeNTS!! NO ReD FLAGS! eVeN IN 2020! #1 PRIORITY DON'T - Be - LATe (which is what my boss said was the priority when he's gone, to make sure the cars get out the door on time). If you're seeing a theme here... He's removed the letter "e" from every word he can find in the shop, whether it's on the switch panels, or posters or stickers, tools etc, and he wrote "thanks Tony :)" on his welder (that's the manager he possibly referenced in my welder), and all day he was mumbling to himself things like "no more booger eating morons no more booger eating morons"

This dude has guns and shit, and when I showed one of his close friends at work the messages, he took pictures and said he would drive to this guy's dad's house and told me "you don't want to know what he did last time he started acting like this".

Uh wtf? I do if it concerns my safety. Am I thinking to much into this? I kinda don't want to go in tomorrow.

Edit:. I didn't see some of the other messages he supposedly wrote, and nobody checked inside the air filter system to see if anything was written in there either.
Barnes93cb

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Sooooo the 2nd amendment folks are learning from the abortion debate. The anti-abortion folks goal to roll back abortion is through tiny little changes because they can't make any BIG changes. The 2nd amendment folks are trying to prevent the same tactics being used against them which is why the NRA won't even support logical background checks.
I have a problem with someone with a major mental disability, cognitive reasoning issue, or prior convicted criminal history, obtaining a gun in 1 hour at some expo center.
It takes an hour? Thats a super long wait.

Ill just go elsewhere and be in and out in 20.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 pm New passport showed up today. :megusta:

Weird thing is, the pic makes me look like I have a mustache and I haven't had one since the stupid little weak one I had in high school.
Pic Ron
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 pm New passport showed up today. :megusta:

Im on my 2nd passport, both for Turkey and here
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:01 pm So I have a bit of an off situation at work. First off apologies for poor sentence structure or sentences that may be out of place as I'm typing this on my phone. Short background:

I have a co-worker who is the type that's always complaining/everyone is out to get me/I'm always the one getting fucked attitude. He's been fired from every job he's ever had, and will leave work early or not come in at all randomly with no explanation, and has disappeared without a trace for up to two weeks at a time. He's a terrible employee but he gets paid absolute dog shit money so the boss keeps him around. Anyways on Tuesday he didn't come into work, but that wasn't surprising as he wouldn't have had anything to do for his first couple of hours that day, and that's the type of excuse he will have for not coming in. He showed up Wednesday and was oddly quiet. He did a little welding until lunch maybe which our shop takes at noon. After lunch he opened up the welder he borrowed from me while I was "fixing" his. I use quotes because I didn't see any problems with it but I replaced some components that do fail from time to time. So after lunch I see he had the spool and drive wheel side of my welder open, and he was tinkering with things in there, which I thought was odd since it worked fine for me. I didn't bother asking him about it since I had my own shit to do, but he had the side panel open for the next three hours until he left. Today he comes in and continues tinkering with it for another three hours, but today he looked even more out of it that yesterday. After he closed the panel to the welder he fucked around inside the door of his air filtration system, messing with the latch on the door, taking the filter out and putting it back in. When he finished with that he brought my welder back and took his back. I thought nothing of it at the time. Then he proceeds to lay a chain on the floor in front of his work area and starts mumbling to himself. Another co-worker went to grab something, crossed the chain "border" and he proceeds to flip out and physically threaten the other guy. Not long after the kid that works next to me asked what was fixed in my welder, and opened up the side panel to check. There was some sort of cryptic message written in it. I'll use all caps to show what was written, and lower case letters to show which were deliberately left out. "MAR6 MANAGe PLAN (POPOWITCH) ATTeN NI66 (MAYO)". Now a little more background:. The manager's last name is Maio, pronounced exactly like Mayo in Cinco de Mayo, and these two guys do not like each other. The owner of the company is in Australia until March 6th, and he doesn't like the owner either. So then after he leaves someone noticed some more cryptic messages written all over his work area like "SAFeTY IS NOT ACCIDeNTS!! NO ReD FLAGS! eVeN IN 2020! #1 PRIORITY DON'T - Be - LATe (which is what my boss said was the priority when he's gone, to make sure the cars get out the door on time). If you're seeing a theme here... He's removed the letter "e" from every word he can find in the shop, whether it's on the switch panels, or posters or stickers, tools etc, and he wrote "thanks Tony :)" on his welder (that's the manager he possibly referenced in my welder), and all day he was mumbling to himself things like "no more booger eating morons no more booger eating morons"

This dude has guns and shit, and when I showed one of his close friends at work the messages, he took pictures and said he would drive to this guy's dad's house and told me "you don't want to know what he did last time he started acting like this".

Uh wtf? I do if it concerns my safety. Am I thinking to much into this? I kinda don't want to go in tomorrow.

Edit:. I didn't see some of the other messages he supposedly wrote, and nobody checked inside the air filter system to see if anything was written in there either.
Call your boss. Report him. Fuck that shit. Someone is mentally unstable at work and has access to weapons and is writing threatening notes that’s a serious safety issue.
razr390

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:01 pm So I have a bit of an off situation at work. First off apologies for poor sentence structure or sentences that may be out of place as I'm typing this on my phone. Short background:

Does your company have a Corporate Security department? Even a sole representative?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

God im dealing with a dumb client, she demands a driver from her hotel to a restaurant thats only ONE block away, 0.2 miles and 5 min walk. :rolleyes: :derp:
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 pm

He needs to be terminated with police on scene and served with a no tresspass order, immediately. You usually don't want to do it on a Friday but that's your option at this point. Do not fuck around with this. He is a grievance collector that has made at least one threat and acted on another. Don't fuck around with this. Call the cops, tell them the deal, then fire him.

/I do this professionally
:dat:

I would say even if you don't have supervisory/termination powers, it is 100% in your prerogative to involve law enforcement if you are in fear of your life or your safety due to the actions taken by this employee and the fact that he did things that you describe.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

So, uh, what's the difference between being a "grievance collector" and merely remembering shit and taking past actions into account?