OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 pm My boss: This engineer is underperforming, we need to terminate him.
That engineer: I'm putting my 2 weeks notice in, we're moving.

:notbad:
Dat senioritis doe.
SAWCE

Dentist appointment this evening at 5. Will be interesting to hear the hygenists thoughts on my teeth after having that electric toofbrush for a month compared to the last time I went in.

I have a :manuel: brush at work that I'll use before I cruise down, but I meant to bring floss with me too since I ran out of my work supply. Oh well. She can scrape that shit off.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 pm :salt:

Need to do something about that wheel gap bro.
I can just cut the springs in half, right?

Real "build" plan: OEM Mazdaspeed6 rear sway bar, some more aggressive brake pads, maaaaaaybe OEM MS6 springs - pretty much the same ride height but better spring rates.

I did see a full set of speed6 takeoff shocks+springs for $200 shipped on ebay so maybe that'll be the easy button plus the sway bar. If I had workspace I'd probably go ahead and order them, but since I am now at the point of paying shops to do work I'm :notsure: about the added labor cost and uncertainty of random morans fucking it up.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Need to do something about that wheel gap bro.
I can just cut the springs in half, right?

Real "build" plan: OEM Mazdaspeed6 rear sway bar, some more aggressive brake pads, maaaaaaybe OEM MS6 springs - pretty much the same ride height but better spring rates.

I did see a full set of speed6 takeoff shocks+springs for $200 shipped on ebay so maybe that'll be the easy button plus the sway bar. If I had workspace I'd probably go ahead and order them, but since I am now at the point of paying shops to do work I'm :notsure: about the added labor cost and uncertainty of random morans fucking it up.
:wtf:

are you even serious? Why bother with all that shit?

Just drive it till it rust away. Then replace appliance. Did you mod your dishwasher too?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 pm My boss: This engineer is underperforming, we need to terminate him.
That engineer: I'm putting my 2 weeks notice in, vanlyfe

troyguitar

dubshow wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm I can just cut the springs in half, right?

Just drive it till it rust away. Then replace appliance. Did you mod your dishwasher too?
As it turns out, I actually like the stupid thing. :disgust:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:49 pm
dubshow wrote:

As it turns out, I actually like the stupid thing. :disgust:
interesting.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:49 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Why not tinker a bit?
because his time, efforts and funds will go into the black hole. Then we will hear him bitch about the effort he put into it and why its worth XYZ when he goes to :plac: it. Can :mahtroy: just leave a vehicle stock and simply drive it like a pleb? :unicorn:
troyguitar

Also, I spent less than expected and it needs less additional crap than expected too since the tires are good, stereo is really good, bluetooth streaming works well, and a remote starter has already been installed... Spending $150 on a sway bar and brake pads is practically negligible.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm Also, I spent less than expected and it needs less additional crap than expected too since the tires are good, stereo is really good, bluetooth streaming works well, and a remote starter has already been installed... Spending $150 on a sway bar and brake pads is practically negligible.
I guess, but I thought the point of this one was the be a :scrooge: beater to survive your :scrooge: lifestyle change. I assumed this would be an attempt at driving a one notch above vanilla Camry.
troyguitar

dubshow wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:49 pm Why not tinker a bit?
because his time, efforts and funds will go into the black hole. Then we will hear him bitch about the effort he put into it and why its worth XYZ when he goes to :plac: it. Can :mahtroy: just leave a vehicle stock and simply drive it like a pleb? :unicorn:
I don't leave anything alone, whether it's a car or a spice rack. Dat engineer continuous improvement lyfe.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 pm
dubshow wrote:
I don't leave anything alone, whether it's a car or a spice rack. Dat engineer continuous improvement lyfe.
right, I just thought this car was an attempt to be a pleb. Best of luck on the modding front then. Didn't know those parts interchanged. :notbad:
SAWCE

Chilly in our office today. Hope I get to nap at lunch. Temp in here is making me super sleepy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Why not tinker a bit?
Um, that's a big no on that dawg. It makes him happy and most of the move to the Taiga does NOT make him happy so I think a little $$ on the car would go a long way.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

dubshow wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 pm I don't leave anything alone, whether it's a car or a spice rack. Dat engineer continuous improvement lyfe.
right, I just thought this car was an attempt to be a pleb. Best of luck on the modding front then. Didn't know those parts interchanged. :notbad:
:word:

I'd go suzuki SX4 for $4k to go full :scrooge:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:58 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Um, that's a big no on that dawg. It makes him happy and most of the move to the Taiga does NOT make him happy so I think a little $$ on the car would go a long way.
good way to look at it. I feel :sad: for :mahtroy: moving to an :eeyore: place in general.

Then again, Ive been living most my life in an airboater's paradice.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 am Oh and now our stupid dog might have a hurt solder and might require surgery. yay $3-4k. all because he runs too fast.
That exceeds Detroit's maximum by $2.5K. Kill the dog.
Annual vet checkup, $125. Well, we better put the dog down, it's over the max.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:hai:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:26 pm:hai:
:howdy: :narc: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm

That exceeds Detroit's maximum by $2.5K. Kill the dog.
Annual vet checkup, $125. Well, we better put the dog down, it's over the max.
Condolences.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I may :taco: :bell: for dinner tonight.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:15 pm I may :taco: :bell: for dinner tonight.
I cheated on the diet yesterday at the outlet mall and got a thing of the hotdog pretzel bites from Wetzel Pretzel. So greasy :drool: Definitely paying for that a bit today.

Had a scheduled cheat meal Saturday night. Went to my favorite pizza place out here and had my first underwhelming pie from them :( Crust was noticeably thinner than usual and less greasy than what I like this place for.
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:11 pm

good way to look at it. I feel :sad: for :mahtroy: moving to an :eeyore: place in general.

Then again, Ive been living most my life in an airboater's paradice.
Even my mama thinks that my teeth are gone
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:26 pm

:dat:

Mahtroy's Sportscouch MKZoomzoom.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:15 pm I may :taco: :bell: for dinner tonight.
Jealous