Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:06 pm
wap wrote:
Looks like I'll be shoveling snow.
:disgust:

I'm in Miami.Image
Griff when u have time, try this place
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-se ... y,amp.html

There’s one in bayside after passing dat draw bridge, close to where ultra fest takes place
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:50 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 pm Just did my taxes. Owe $4800, which is $1900 more than last year...

:rage:
Why the big change?
I’m not entirely sure, but I didn’t update my W4 with the new tax law so obviously under withheld. That said, in my first few checks of the year, a little bit more was being pulled out ($20 biweekly) than the previous year so I figured that with the “new lower brackets for everyone!” spiel I should have been good, or close to it.

I’ve typically owed $2500-3200 in the last several years but plan for it. Our combined income is only up about $2k over previous years, so there’s no other real changes than the tax laws. This year we were back to the standard deduction - even in NJ the property taxes and mortgage interest on a 4 year old mortgage didn’t break that threshold.

I have friend and a coworker in similar boats... no drastic income changes but owing a bunch more. I’m not happy.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Why the big change?
I’m not entirely sure, but I didn’t update my W4 with the new tax law so obviously under withheld. That said, in my first few checks of the year, a little bit more was being pulled out ($20 biweekly) than the previous year so I figured that with the “new lower brackets for everyone!” spiel I should have been good, or close to it.

I’ve typically owed $2500-3200 in the last several years but plan for it. Our combined income is only up about $2k over previous years, so there’s no other real changes than the tax laws. This year we were back to the standard deduction - even in NJ the property taxes and mortgage interest on a 4 year old mortgage didn’t break that threshold.

I have friend and a coworker in similar boats... no drastic income changes but owing a bunch more. I’m not happy.
:truckyeah: dang man sorry. That really sucks. I don't ever break the standard deduction, no home or anything like that.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Calvinball wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:58 pm
wap wrote:
:nice:
I like snow :doe: and it's a bit of a workout to shovel so :iono:
Just be careful and pace yourself. Heart attacks happen with snow shoveling.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:word:
Yea, I know. And being a "heart patient" myself I am careful and pay attention to how I'm feeling. But I gotta say that I've never not felt right while shoveling.*knocks wood*
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 pm Just did my taxes. Owe $4800, which is $1900 more than last year...

:thankstrump:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:00 pm

I don't even want to know. I made a lot more last year than 2017 and paid a boatload last time. I really miss the days of 2002 or so, paying an effective rate under 10% when deducting interest and everything.
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:53 pm So i just dropped my dad off at the airport since he was visiting Greece, and this guy that sits on the same row, took off his pants and sits with his boxers on the seat, and puts his pants on overhead bin :bruh:

I also have a pic to prove
:waiting:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:06 pm :disgust:

I'm in Miami.Image
Griff when u have time, try this place
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-se ... y,amp.html

There’s one in bayside after passing dat draw bridge, close to where ultra fest takes place
:ohdang:

Leaving this morning sadly, but next time!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:50 pm Why the big change?

That sucks dude. I have a buddy who ended up owing $7k this year and never had previously, it seems like a lot of employers got the chances :wrong:

Funny enough, everyone I know who has stories like this is married, personally I brought home over $1k extra in 2018 than 2017 with the same income/tax situation.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Swedish Chef wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:09 am Are there plans for a Deals Fap 4: Electric Boogaloo?

I can’t seem to find the thread for last year’s Fap either? :iono:
There is no more deals fap.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:17 pm

It's gonna be fun when I get to finish mine. :doomed:

I'm expecting to owe $3k.
:butwhy: :thisisfine: :math: :thankstrump:
razr390 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:47 pm I’m getting back about $1,000. Thanks, privilege!
:millennial: shit

I'm getting back 3500 :dafuq: :thankstrump: :math:

1. new kid. no deduction but there is a credit
2. Child care credit
3. wife worked less
4. Wife and I did not change withholding when we joined breeder class
5. I don't think my company actually adjusted my withholding on my pay when the tax law changed.
5a. std deduction is significantly higher then it was when I should have itemized last year, like 10k more.

Anywho, now on to state, where I'm sure I will give some of that back to (Fuck) John Bel Edwards
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:36 am Is 9:30 AM too early to eat the pulled pork I made for today? Just add some eggs and it's ok right?
dude. I had some really good smoked pull pork n' eggs grillades, covered in a duck fat hollendaise sauce. The food truck also made a similar version and served it over some rosemary grits.

was pretty damn good. Came with a raspberry vinaigrette salad too. :drool:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Everyone blaming the employers for fucking up withholding... :wtf:

it wasn't that huge of a change people. You wouldnt go from getting a small refund to owing over $1k with this tax law changes unless you had a large change in your financials from 2017 to 2018...

:deadhorse: :fakenews:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

we owe $3500 to Fed's this year. :meatspin:

and I'm mostly okay with that because the wife did her part to save to cover her tax bill from her new biz. :fuckyeah: because she isnt a :derp:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh and now our stupid dog might have a hurt solder and might require surgery. yay $3-4k. all because he runs too fast.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 am Oh and now our stupid dog might have a hurt solder and might require surgery. yay $3-4k. all because he runs too fast.
sorry about dag.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote:Everyone blaming the employers for fucking up withholding... :wtf:

it wasn't that huge of a change people. You wouldnt go from getting a small refund to owing over $1k with this tax law changes unless you had a large change in your financials from 2017 to 2018...

Our tax liability went down by about $3000 for 2018 with no change in income/status. Effective federal tax rate went from 13 to 10%. Dat flyover standard deduction lyfe. :thankstrump:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:23 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 am Everyone blaming the employers for fucking up withholding... :wtf:

I actually manually withheld more last year after owing about $1300 in 2017. However, I wasn’t expecting the following:

1) New tax code
2) Lower withholding from employer basically washed out my extra withholding
3) Wife made nearly double what she made last year, and she’s 1099.
4) I personally made about $25k less than I did in 2017, which means my withholdings were less capable of covering the wife’s tax liability.

Need to up my withholding this year and get the wife LLC’d to minimize the tax time pain next year.
:dat: x100. She has got to be able to easily expense things. you know what you must do.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 am Oh and now our stupid dog might have a hurt solder and might require surgery. yay $3-4k. all because he runs too fast.
dags are stupid. But they clearly have a value in our life.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:31 am
:really:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 am Everyone blaming the employers for fucking up withholding... :wtf:

I'm not blaming employers... there were changes to the withholding tables the IRS supplied and some people are getting a nasty surprise right now for not revisiting W4s... enough that I read the IRS is considering waiving underpayment penalties this year.

There were literally no other changes to our tax situation over previous years, and our combined income only went up approx $2100 over 2017. I have a very simple return - two W2's, mortgage interest, PMI, property taxes, no kids. That's it. Standard deduction all the way this year and somehow we owe a significant chunk more than expected. Double checked by doing everything manually and also using TurboTax. :iono:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:35 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:31 am

:really:
Clarification, my dag is stupid. And he aggravates me with his antics.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

My refund went up, and wifeys refund was about the same. Benefits of being poor I guess.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 am My refund went up, and wifeys refund was about the same. Benefits of being poor I guess.
:notbad:

one case where it pays to be poors. :lol:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Only thing that sucked for me this year on taxes are that the state refund moneys that I got last year added to my taxable income. Dat government double dip doe. I got a sizable state income tax refund last year because when I sold my house in 2017 I had them hold money for state taxes from the sale, then I had my work put 100% of my last two months worth of paychecks into my 401k to lower my taxable income. Think I got like $6500 back from the state, which helped offset the $8000 or whatever I owed to the feds that year. But then this year I had to pay taxes on that $6500 :derp: