Punk/Hardcore Music Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

We have an EDM thread, and I share a lot of music in OT, so I thought I'd consolidate that into a punk/hardcore music thread here.

Post up what you're listening to. I guess we can post metal in here too since some of mine kinda bleeds into that as metalcore.

Been on an Architects kick lately. Metalcore band out of the UK. They just put out an album recently called Holy Hell, has one of my favorite songs of theirs on it, Doomsday. Lyrically the album is the singing dealing with the death of his brother (one of the original guitarists for the band) from cancer. I'll post that album, and a piano reprise of Doomsday after this. Currently listening to the album before Holy Hell, All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us.

SAWCE

SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I used to listen to bands like Bullet for my Valentine, Children of Bodom, slipknot, probably more im forgetting back in middle school and early high. Something mellow like blink182, etc but I never considered them to be that hardcore. I'm obviously hella outdated, but :aintcare:

That said, this one will always stay with my heart.

and this
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

also one of the most recent ive listened to
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:03 pm also one of the most recent ive listened to
:like: Bring Me The Horizon
SAWCE

BMTH just did a new album, Amo. I've only heard a few singles. Don't love them (the singles), but the previous album That's The Spirit is fantastic
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm I used to listen to bands like Bullet for my Valentine, Children of Bodom, slipknot, probably more im forgetting back in middle school and early high. Something mellow like blink182, etc but I never considered them to be that hardcore. I'm obviously hella outdated, but :aintcare:
Blink definitely isn't hardcore, but I listen to a lot of Pop-punk too, and they fall under that and are more than welcome in this thread.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I have been into OG punk, Sex Pistols, Clash, Dead Kennedys, etc, since pretty much when they first came out. Don't know too much about these newer punk bands. :wap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 pm I have been into OG punk, Sex Pistols, Clash, Dead Kennedys, etc, since pretty much when they first came out. Don't know too much about these newer punk bands. :wap:
:nice:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 pm I have been into OG punk, Sex Pistols, Clash, Dead Kennedys, etc, since pretty much when they first came out. Don't know too much about these newer punk bands. :wap:
yeah those are pretty legendary for about 2 decades now.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:37 pm
:bruh:
Never Mind the Bullocks by the Sex Pistols and The Clash's first album both came out in like 1977, but their first big album, London Calling, came out in 1979. So more than 4 decades.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

My punk heyday centered around Bad Religion

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Never Mind the Bullocks by the Sex Pistols and The Clash's first album both came out in like 1977, but their first big album, London Calling, came out in 1979. So more than 4 decades.
Well im a :millennial: soo
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:26 pm
wap wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Well im a :millennial: soo
:lol: :dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I have a super crush on Lzzy Hale. Unfortunately I won't be near any of their tour dates this year, and missed their show here last year too.
SAWCE

Pop-punk got brought up with Blink-182 the other day, so here is my favorite pop-punk band.. 20 years running, NEW FOUND GLORY. They had a little departure from their pop-punk sound with 2006's Coming Home, but they made an awesome return to form after that. Nasaly vocals, fast beats, huge sing-a-long choruses.. this stuff is infectious. You can't not sing a long to the ones you know.

SAWCE

Oh yeah, listening to this album in the gym tonight for sure.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm Pop-punk got brought up with Blink-182 the other day, so here is my favorite pop-punk band.. 20 years running, NEW FOUND GLORY. They had a little departure from their pop-punk sound with 2006's Coming Home, but they made an awesome return to form after that. Nasaly vocals, fast beats, huge sing-a-long choruses.. this stuff is infectious. You can't not sing a long to the ones you know.

:notbad:
This is my favorite "fun" punk band. Toy Dolls came out also in the late 70's so I guess they're also OG, but their first album was released in 1983, which is when I first heard it on a local college radio station. I remember Dubplate from the Dead Zone was into them, too.

Here's the title track from the album of the same name.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:02 pm

This is my favorite "fun" punk band. Toy Dolls came out also in the late 70's so I guess they're also OG, but their first album was released in 1983, which is when I first heard it on a local college radio station. I remember Dubplate from the Dead Zone was into them, too.

:nice: Thanks for sharing. I'd never heard of these guys, but cool to hear a band that I'm sure had some pass down influence on bands I listen to.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 pm
wap wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:02 pm

:nice: Thanks for sharing. I'd never heard of these guys, but cool to hear a band that I'm sure had some pass down influence on bands I listen to.
:like:
I'm sure they must have had some influence on more modern stuff. Cool.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm Pop-punk got brought up with Blink-182 the other day, so here is my favorite pop-punk band.. 20 years running, NEW FOUND GLORY. They had a little departure from their pop-punk sound with 2006's Coming Home, but they made an awesome return to form after that. Nasaly vocals, fast beats, huge sing-a-long choruses.. this stuff is infectious. You can't not sing a long to the ones you know.

I love this song, and this genre.

I feel like I missed the high point of these bands as far as getting to see them live. I listened to them when they came out but I was too young to go to the concerts. However I got tickets to Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World this summer, very excited!
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 pm

I feel like I missed the high point of these bands as far as getting to see them live. I listened to them when they came out but I was too young to go to the concerts. However I got tickets to Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World this summer, very excited!
New Found Glory is releasing their third movie song cover album in a few months, and they're touring on it. I think I saw some dates up there...

haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:56 pm
haleyann wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 pm

New Found Glory is releasing their third movie song cover album in a few months, and they're touring on it. I think I saw some dates up there...

hmm... I'm not seeing any dates in the NW. Not surprising, a lot of bands totally skip the NW :(
SAWCE

haleyann wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:56 pm

hmm... I'm not seeing any dates in the NW. Not surprising, a lot of bands totally skip the NW :(
Dang.. it seems like not too many years ago when I was really into going to shows the NW was a hotspot for bands like this. It's always been considered a mecca in the punk/diy music scene.