Do you even invest?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Anyone here use WeBull?

Im thinking of making an account there.

Doing some twitter reading seems like tomorrow NOK will be pushed hard. lol.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'm going to give Webull a shot for simple playing around with trading stonks.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Just made a Webull..app looks nice lol.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:51 pm Just made a Webull..app looks nice lol.
It's indeed pretty, but you can't do anything until the account is approved which takes "1-2 business days" cool.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:51 pm Just made a Webull..app looks nice lol.
It's indeed pretty, but you can't do anything until the account is approved which takes "1-2 business days" cool.
Yea I know...

I need it right meow haha.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

What if the hedge funds peeps are the ones in Reddit pushing the buys so they make more money after paying the short contracts. :mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:01 pm What if the hedge funds peeps are the ones in Reddit pushing the buys so they make more money after paying the short contracts. :mindblown:
If they bought out their contracts already then yeah, this would be a possible scenario.

But to boost the price before is :notsure: unless they're hoping to build momentum?
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:52 pm
Yea I know...

I need it right meow haha.
Right? Oh well...
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I still plan on holding till at least next week. Hoping this is accurate.

I'll copypasta in case it gets removed. Andddddddddd as I thought, it got removed. Lol
When do we sell? A quick guide for GME Army. (SECRET TO DIAMOND HAND 💎🙌 )
DD

Too much disinformation about when to sell. I'm tired of seeing people paper handing GME when it drops by 20%, or saying to sell Friday (BTW DO NOT FUCKING SELL FRIDAY OR I WILL COME OVER THERE AND DO STUFF TO YOU!) so here is the DEFINITIVE guide on how to play the ending.

First, we need to understand what is "Days to Cover" or "Short Ratio" .

Official definition:

Days to cover, also called short ratio, measures the expected number of days to close out a company's issued shares that have been shorted.

Days to cover is calculated by taking the number of currently shorted shares and dividing that amount by the average daily trading volume for the company in question.

A high 'days to cover' ratio can often signal a potential short squeeze.

Dumbed down version:

- imagine you're Melvin Capital and you have 1 million dildos up your ass. How long will it take to get all those dildos out of your ass? If the volume of dildo removing is 1 per day, then it'll take 1 million days to remove 1 million dildos up your ass. If it's 50,000 dildos a day, then it's 20 days.

- Same thing with covering short positions. How long will it take Melvin Capital and other shorters to cover their short positions? You take alllll the shorted shares, divided by the average volume of share movement per day, and you get something called "Days to Cover"

Now you know what day's to cover means, you can check many websites to see what is the days to cover for GME.https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NYSE/ ... -interest/ = 6 days

https://shortsqueeze.com//shortinterest ... .php?s=GME = 6.3 days

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME/key ... tics?p=GME = 5.78 days

So you can see, even if Melvin Capital wants to cover their shorts, it's gonna take them DAYS, and right now it's gonna take them an entire trading week to cover their position.

So what does that mean for us?

Well, we're just waiting for the day when Melvin Capital starts covering their position. When is that day? VERY FUCKING SOON. They're are bleeding out of their ass with the insane interest rate they're paying for their position, and a lot of puts are expiring on Friday, plus a lot of ITM (in the money) calls expire Friday and can be exercised to get shares.

Friday might be the day where Melvin Capital have no choice BUT to start covering.

Now, IF this happens, then it's not gonna take Melvin Capital 1 hour to cover all their shorts, but DAYS. Meaning if Melvin capital starts covering FRIDAY, it will take them at LEAST 5 DAYS to fully cover, which means ALL of next week, the price will keep increasing and increasing! So realistically I'd say Weds or Thurs next week might be peak sell time, IF the covering starts Friday. No need to panic sell. No need to worry about a top that lasts for minutes. It will LAST FOR DAYS!!!!!

Now, CNBC and all of the MM's and corrupt media will fool you into thinking Melvin Capital has already covered their shorts or some other bullshit, but don't believe it. It takes DAYS to do so!

The only numbers you should be looking at is the short ratio. If it's getting smaller, then the squeeze has begun. If it's still at fucking 138-140% like it is now, NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED YET.

We're at fucking $250 after hours and the shorts still haven't begun to cover yet! Imagine when they do? $1000 is actually a very low estimate, and is no longer a meme number. If we all play it right and hold while shorts cover, we can literally squeeze this to infinity as they try to cover.

TL:DR = ACTUALLY FUCKING READ IT AND HOLD MOTHER FUCKERS HOOOOLLLDDDD. WE'RE ROBBING WALLSTREET TOGETHER!!!!!

Edit: Why trust me? Been a disciple of GME gang and u/deepfuckingvalue since near the beginning

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm
That's the gist of it, yes.

I honestly expect it all to flop, which is why I'm using money I don't care about.

When my $270 turns into $1K, I'm gonna buy one of everything on the Mcdonald's dolla menu.
Call me tha Dolla Menu Millionaire.

Daym, deez n'az is dope G.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:16 pm I still plan on holding till at least next week. Hoping this is accurate.

I'll copypasta in case it gets removed. Andddddddddd as I thought, it got removed. Lol
When do we sell? A quick guide for GME Army. (SECRET TO DIAMOND HAND 💎🙌 )
DD

Too much disinformation about when to sell. I'm tired of seeing people paper handing GME when it drops by 20%, or saying to sell Friday (BTW DO NOT FUCKING SELL FRIDAY OR I WILL COME OVER THERE AND DO STUFF TO YOU!) so here is the DEFINITIVE guide on how to play the ending.

First, we need to understand what is "Days to Cover" or "Short Ratio" .

Official definition:

Days to cover, also called short ratio, measures the expected number of days to close out a company's issued shares that have been shorted.

Days to cover is calculated by taking the number of currently shorted shares and dividing that amount by the average daily trading volume for the company in question.

A high 'days to cover' ratio can often signal a potential short squeeze.

Dumbed down version:

- imagine you're Melvin Capital and you have 1 million dildos up your ass. How long will it take to get all those dildos out of your ass? If the volume of dildo removing is 1 per day, then it'll take 1 million days to remove 1 million dildos up your ass. If it's 50,000 dildos a day, then it's 20 days.

- Same thing with covering short positions. How long will it take Melvin Capital and other shorters to cover their short positions? You take alllll the shorted shares, divided by the average volume of share movement per day, and you get something called "Days to Cover"

Now you know what day's to cover means, you can check many websites to see what is the days to cover for GME.https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NYSE/ ... -interest/ = 6 days

https://shortsqueeze.com//shortinterest ... .php?s=GME = 6.3 days

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME/key ... tics?p=GME = 5.78 days

So you can see, even if Melvin Capital wants to cover their shorts, it's gonna take them DAYS, and right now it's gonna take them an entire trading week to cover their position.

So what does that mean for us?

Well, we're just waiting for the day when Melvin Capital starts covering their position. When is that day? VERY FUCKING SOON. They're are bleeding out of their ass with the insane interest rate they're paying for their position, and a lot of puts are expiring on Friday, plus a lot of ITM (in the money) calls expire Friday and can be exercised to get shares.

Friday might be the day where Melvin Capital have no choice BUT to start covering.

Now, IF this happens, then it's not gonna take Melvin Capital 1 hour to cover all their shorts, but DAYS. Meaning if Melvin capital starts covering FRIDAY, it will take them at LEAST 5 DAYS to fully cover, which means ALL of next week, the price will keep increasing and increasing! So realistically I'd say Weds or Thurs next week might be peak sell time, IF the covering starts Friday. No need to panic sell. No need to worry about a top that lasts for minutes. It will LAST FOR DAYS!!!!!

Now, CNBC and all of the MM's and corrupt media will fool you into thinking Melvin Capital has already covered their shorts or some other bullshit, but don't believe it. It takes DAYS to do so!

The only numbers you should be looking at is the short ratio. If it's getting smaller, then the squeeze has begun. If it's still at fucking 138-140% like it is now, NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED YET.

We're at fucking $250 after hours and the shorts still haven't begun to cover yet! Imagine when they do? $1000 is actually a very low estimate, and is no longer a meme number. If we all play it right and hold while shorts cover, we can literally squeeze this to infinity as they try to cover.

TL:DR = ACTUALLY FUCKING READ IT AND HOLD MOTHER FUCKERS HOOOOLLLDDDD. WE'RE ROBBING WALLSTREET TOGETHER!!!!!

Edit: Why trust me? Been a disciple of GME gang and u/deepfuckingvalue since near the beginning

At MINIMUM hold through Monday.

But I expect all this to fall apart. There's a number of people like Rudy's friend who got rich AF off this and they're going to cash out while the getting's good. That's the bad part. I wish more people would use money they didn't care about losing to really play chicken with these fucks. I don't care if my accts go to zero, I'm using fake money that I can't access anyway.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

LOL, they blocked individual investor trading on GME, AMC, BB, etc.

Market manipulation happening in front of everyone’s eyes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 am LOL, they blocked individual investor trading on GME, AMC, BB, etc.

Market manipulation happening in front of everyone’s eyes.
Who did?
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh wow, looks like RH has blocked the stocks. :impressive:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Did you get your Webull account approved?
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 am Did you get your Webull account approved?
Nope...I'm sure they're inundated with new acct openings right now. I don't expect to hear anything this week.

Same with Ally. I've had accounts with Ally for years, I applied for an investor account earlier this week and have heard nothing.

Honestly, this is probably for the best. It's easy to get swept up in the madness, so holding with fake/play money is the best way to go IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:26 am Oh wow, looks like RH has blocked the stocks. :impressive:
That seems like :bs: I want my freedumbs. Seems like it may be good for you and others who already bought into whatever this is though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 am
09vdubgti wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 am Did you get your Webull account approved?
Nope...I'm sure they're inundated with new acct openings right now. I don't expect to hear anything this week.

Same with Ally. I've had accounts with Ally for years, I applied for an investor account earlier this week and have heard nothing.

Honestly, this is probably for the best. It's easy to get swept up in the madness, so holding with fake/play money is the best way to go IMO.
I am in a similar position right now... too much cash (rich white guy probs, I know). But I am going to try to stay strong and mostly hold until things with COVID and shit calm down. Maybe everything will stay strong, but I have already been on the losing side of holding cash, investing it now is kind of like selling stocks low IMO.

At least we have a lot "invested" in retirement and our house, $60K in cash becoming $50K in cash or whatever isn't the end of the world.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:26 am Oh wow, looks like RH has blocked the stocks. :impressive:
That seems like :bs: I want my freedumbs. Seems like it may be good for you and others who already bought into whatever this is though.
It's bad actually. People can sell the stock but can't buy it on RH, which is going to put downward pressure on the price as retail people panic, especially the idiots playing with money they can't afford to lose.

Honestly, I can see both sides here. On one, RH is likely looking out for investors who are getting swept up in the madness and dumping every penny they have in the stock...that's not good. On the other, it's not RH's job to dictate what people can and can't buy. If someone wants to bet the farm and lose their ass, they should be allowed to IMO.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I couldnt get my bank linked, they kept having errors. Said to try later, so yea im sure theyre busy. Especially after WSB said "Delete RH"
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 am

I am in a similar position right now... too much cash (rich white guy probs, I know). But I am going to try to stay strong and mostly hold until things with COVID and shit calm down. Maybe everything will stay strong, but I have already been on the losing side of holding cash, investing it now is kind of like selling stocks low IMO.

At least we have a lot "invested" in retirement and our house, $60K in cash becoming $50K in cash or whatever isn't the end of the world.
I have $90k liquid right now, just losing value by the day due to inflation. I've been playing the hold game too because I'm super risk averse, but I just feel like I'm being left behind as the cost of EVERYTHING skyrockets. I'm not sure COVID will ever "end" because once things start to open up again, people will be blowing money like crazy on travel and whatever other shit they've been restricted from buying. I've been calling for a drop in the market for a while, and it's just not happening. Things might not ever drop significantly again.

I'm not going all-in on GME. In fact, I'm probably not going to buy any more. $5k worth of IRA money in it now just for :lolol: and as of right now, I'm up $1,200 from yesterday :lolol:

But I will be investing with some self-directed stuff soon, and I may dabble a bit more in these low priced short squeeze type opportunities assuming the SEC doesn't find a way to put a stop to it somehow.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:53 am

I couldnt get my bank linked, they kept having errors. Said to try later, so yea im sure theyre busy. Especially after WSB said "Delete RH"
Yea, it's a shit show right now. Honestly, I think the GME ship has sailed. I'm looking more long term now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:50 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 am

It's bad actually. People can sell the stock but can't buy it on RH, which is going to put downward pressure on the price as retail people panic, especially the idiots playing with money they can't afford to lose.

Honestly, I can see both sides here. On one, RH is likely looking out for investors who are getting swept up in the madness and dumping every penny they have in the stock...that's not good. On the other, it's not RH's job to dictate what people can and can't buy. If someone wants to bet the farm and lose their ass, they should be allowed to IMO.
:iono: I would say if you're stupid enough to do that, then hedge funders deserve the money more than you do. It's a free country (sort of).
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:50 am

:iono: I would say if you're stupid enough to do that, then hedge funders deserve the money more than you do. It's a free country (sort of).
Agreed, let people be dumb if they want. This madness is insane.

But increasing the price on GME just hurts these hedge funds that shorted the stock. RH blocking buying only helps the hedge funds.

GME just shot up to $450. I'm up $2k now.