Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:32 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:30 am

Your Market Value
$354.44
Cost $272.79
Today‘s Return +$69.87 (+24.55%)
Total Return +$81.65 (+29.93%)

It's a weird time to get into stocks. Lol. I read up a ton last week, and then decided to start it up. I just wanted to buy some and watch it grow and move things around when I see trends in the market. More conservative and mid term. My 401K is my main investment but I wanted something to tinker with and learn from.
This shit hits out of nowhere. When I put my $25 in the other day I think it was at $80 a share. These guys on reddit are saying they think it'll go to $1000+ when the short sale guys are forced to buy back.
I dunno, but if I can grow my cash to double or triple, even with it being small, it'll give me a nice little boost to starting my stock experience.
The reddit dudes talk a big game is it goes up, but we'll see what their risk tolerance is when it's not on a constant sky high trajectory. I don't think this is a stock you'd want to hold onto for long, the financials are garbage so this is just pure market manipulation.
Exactly. My chump change is exactly that. The general consensus of these guys has me pumped to hold till Friday, but I'm not sweating shit if it fails. No way would I put more money into it than I have when my knowledge of all of this in general is still in the baby steps. I'm extremely conservative and frugal with my money.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:37 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:32 am
The reddit dudes talk a big game is it goes up, but we'll see what their risk tolerance is when it's not on a constant sky high trajectory. I don't think this is a stock you'd want to hold onto for long, the financials are garbage so this is just pure market manipulation.
Exactly. My chump change is exactly that. The general consensus of these guys has me pumped to hold till Friday, but I'm not sweating shit if it fails. No way would I put more money into it than I have when my knowledge of all of this in general is still in the baby steps. I'm extremely conservative and frugal with my money.
I tend to be super risk averse, and that's just been fucking me more and more lately. I've got $90k in cash doing nothing but dropping in value from rampant inflation that nobody wants to admit exists. Yet I know as soon as I put it in the market it'll tank and I'll be SOL :mahtroy: style.

It seems like such a stupid problem to have.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:42 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:37 am

I tend to be super risk averse, and that's just been fucking me more and more lately. I've got $90k in cash doing nothing but dropping in value from rampant inflation that nobody wants to admit exists. Yet I know as soon as I put it in the market it'll tank and I'll be SOL :mahtroy: style.

You should YOLO on an orange :truk: :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:25 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:42 am

You should YOLO on an orange :truk: :lol:
Don't get me started, I'd love to.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Found two IRAs with $2.5k each in them. I haven't paid attention to them in years, so put them both all into GME. I forgot they were there, I'll forget if they're gone. Worth a shot.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 pm Found two IRAs with $2.5k each in them. I haven't paid attention to them in years, so put them both all into GME. I forgot they were there, I'll forget if they're gone. Worth a shot.
From what I'm reading, the hedge fund guys apparently said they sold or whatever, but the troll forum did some digging and said they actually haven't. So they're expecting their contracts to end Friday and they'll have to buy back then which should up the price even more.
I think I got the lingo and general info right.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 pm Found two IRAs with $2.5k each in them. I haven't paid attention to them in years, so put them both all into GME. I forgot they were there, I'll forget if they're gone. Worth a shot.
From what I'm reading, the hedge fund guys apparently said they sold or whatever, but the troll forum did some digging and said they actually haven't. So they're expecting their contracts to end Friday and they'll have to buy back then which should up the price even more.
That's the gist of it, yes.

I honestly expect it all to flop, which is why I'm using money I don't care about.
Acid666

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:44 pm

I honestly expect it all to flop, which is why I'm using money I don't care about.

When my $270 turns into $1K, I'm gonna buy one of everything on the Mcdonald's dolla menu.
Call me tha Dolla Menu Millionaire.

ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm

When my $270 turns into $1K, I'm gonna buy one of everything on the Mcdonald's dolla menu.
Call me tha Dolla Menu Millionaire.

:impressive:

Mine's in IRAs, so me in 30 years will be :fuckyeah:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:22 am

I literally started Robinhood this week with $100. I put 10 here, 20 there, 5 there...
I put $25 in GME yesterday and it grew to $70. I kept up with the Subreddit Wallstreetbets and they're ALL holding and buying.
So I put in $250 this morning. My plan was to only use the money I have in stocks to grow and buy more. Not to cash out and call it a day. This GME shit should rise till Friday from what I'm reading, and these people going nuts aren't backing down more as a principle to the hedge fund peeps to fuck them over. I can afford to lose this cash, but if it goes up I won't regret it.
Yea, I've been following that subreddit too. I've got cash to burn, so thinking about a YOLO moment with some of it. Better than letting is rot away to inflation in the savings account.
I wouldn’t YOLO at $300+ share.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am
Yea, I've been following that subreddit too. I've got cash to burn, so thinking about a YOLO moment with some of it. Better than letting is rot away to inflation in the savings account.
I'm in @320 16 shares ~$5k. We'll see what happens on Friday, I'll sell before I lose too much. And if I lose it all, NBD.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

this morning I was looking at AMC, and saw it was dropping quickly. I was like nvm, the ride is prob over. It got to ~11.xx around lunch time, just saw now its ~19.xx LOL
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:07 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:02 pm

I'm in @320 16 shares ~$5k. We'll see what happens on Friday, I'll sell before I lose too much. And if I lose it all, NBD.
I got in at $220... but idk how much more they’re gonna pump. I think $420.69 is the goal for obvious meme and troll reasons.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:07 pm
I got in at $220... but idk how much more they’re gonna pump. I think $420.69 is the goal for obvious meme and troll reasons.
There's actually a strategy here...it's not just pumping up the stock price arbitrarily, it's a "short squeeze" playing chicken with hedge funds that over-shorted the stock. There's no telling what the price will do, but if the funds with short positions are forced to buy back shares, it's just going to drive the price even higher. This is why it's important to hold your position at least through Friday. I'm going to mostly ignore my "losses" until Monday afternoon and assess.

Friday is the end of the month for trading and the day of reckoning for some major short positions on GME in particular.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:30 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:20 pm

There's actually a strategy here...it's not just pumping up the stock price arbitrarily, it's a "short squeeze" playing chicken with hedge funds that over-shorted the stock. There's no telling what the price will do, but if the funds with short positions are forced to buy back shares, it's just going to drive the price even higher. This is why it's important to hold your position at least through Friday. I'm going to mostly ignore my "losses" until Monday afternoon and assess.

Friday is the end of the month for trading and the day of reckoning for some major short positions on GME in particular.
This is so awesome to witness
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Just a few posts im copying from twitter

"People who say $GME is overvalued don't understand the value proposition. It's no longer a stock, it's a store of value. It's the new digital gold. And for now it has only 3% of the $BTC market cap, still plenty of room to grow. My price target is over $9,000"

"(yes this is sarcasm. Unless...? Now is your last chance to buy under $400)"

best of luck to you guys, maybe set up a sell limit
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:30 pm

It really is, glad to be a small part of it.
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:42 pm Just a few posts im copying from twitter

"People who say $GME is overvalued don't understand the value proposition. It's no longer a stock, it's a store of value. It's the new digital gold. And for now it has only 3% of the $BTC market cap, still plenty of room to grow. My price target is over $9,000"

"(yes this is sarcasm. Unless...? Now is your last chance to buy under $400)"

best of luck to you guys, maybe set up a sell limit
I don't even know what to set the sell limit at right now. I'm just raw dogging it WOT until Monday afternoon.

I'm expecting to lose it all, and that's why I'm using funds I don't care about and don't even really have access to for another 24 years (IRA). Fortunately, one of the IRAs is a Roth. Best case, I'm making my future self some good money, I can't even speculate on how long I'll stay in, but for now I'm going to hold for a while. That's the point to keep the stock price up.

I've always hated the concept of shorting. It angers me to my core betting on something to fail. I like the feeling of sticking it to these assholes, which is why most people are getting involved. It's not necessarily about the money.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:40 pm

Hedge funds losing $6B+ at the hands of /r/wallstreetbets collective of Internet bros. :amazing:

One of the rich dudes getting affected by this is the owner of the New York Mets. Apparently he tweeted “tough crowd tonight on Twitter” when he was getting trolled.

And then someone commented “we are holding GME until you are forced to sell the Mets, fuck you.”

:trollface: :lolgasm:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:53 pm
Hedge funds losing $6B+ at the hands of /r/wallstreetbets collective of Internet bros. :amazing:

One of the rich dudes getting affected by this is the owner of the New York Mets. Apparently he tweeted “tough crowd tonight on Twitter” when he was getting trolled.

And then someone commented “we are holding GME until you are forced to sell the Mets, fuck you.”

Exactly! That's what makes this so great.
Acid666

I straight LOL'd at the trolling when I started catching up on their reddit page. These mother fuckers got some brass balls. And the /u/deepfuckingvalue dude is their king. I think he's the one that figured it out in 2018 or so and put $50K in and he's now up to $22m. And he's still holding. They're all laughing at these hedge fund guys. It's truly like the Joker meme, it's not about the money, it's about sending a message
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:50 pm

I straight LOL'd at the trolling when I started catching up on their reddit page. These mother fuckers got some brass balls. And the /u/deepfuckingvalue dude is their king. I think he's the one that figured it out in 2018 or so and put $50K in and he's now up to $22m. And he's still holding. They're all laughing at these hedge fund guys. It's truly like the Joker meme, it's not about the money, it's about sending a message
I haven't LOL'd more in a day than I have today scrolling through that page.

The hard part is I'm sure people wont hold long. they'll make a few bucks and call it quits, which defeats the purpose. I don't care what happens to the $5k I have in, so YOLO. Some people could really lose their asses, but that's the risk you take.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

RIP R/WSB
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pmRIP R/WSB
it's back.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pmRIP R/WSB
it's back.

lol oh nice