Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:54 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:37 pm

Which highly vaxxed countries ?

The only one I can think of is Israel that is comparable to the US. Their case counts are fairly low
Yeah, Isreal is the world leader. UK and Chile both nearing 50%, but they are using A-Z in the UK, and something lesser known in Chile. I don't think that those products are able to protect against variants.

I need to look into what's going on there.
Chile is using the useless chinese CoronaVac vaccine and UK is Using useless astra zenica cancer cocktail I don’t think they are apples to apples. Israel is the True compare since they are using Pfizer Grade A world domination cancer cocktail
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:17 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Yeah, Isreal is the world leader. UK and Chile both nearing 50%, but they are using A-Z in the UK, and something lesser known in Chile. I don't think that those products are able to protect against variants.

I need to look into what's going on there.
Chile is using the useless chinese CoronaVac vaccine and UK is Using useless astra zenica cancer cocktail I don’t think they are apples to apples. Israel is the True compare since they are using Pfizer Grade A world domination cancer cocktail
Get this! Astra Zenega is being distributed here, my buddy's aunt (80 yrs old) had it and died two days later. At an FCA plant, a tow motor operator (62 yrs old) died two days after he got his AZ shot. I don't know the root cause of death of the 80 yr old, but the dude at the plant died of cardiac arrest... blood clots. They're telling us that the possibility of blood clots is extremely rare, yet I know two people within one degree of separation who have croaked. Pfizer and Moderna are the only product that are any fucking good.

Yeah good point about the CoronaVac vaccine, I heard something similar second hand so I'm not pressing on with my example. I fucking hate being an alarmist about these vaccines but the stats are not being shared (what else is new)!
max225

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:17 am

Get this! Astra Zenega is being distributed here, my buddy's aunt (80 yrs old) had it and died two days later. At an FCA plant, a tow motor operator (62 yrs old) died two days after he got his AZ shot. I don't know the root cause of death of the 80 yr old, but the dude at the plant died of cardiac arrest... blood clots. They're telling us that the possibility of blood clots is extremely rare, yet I know two people within one degree of separation who have croaked. Pfizer and Moderna are the only product that are any fucking good.

Yeah good point about the CoronaVac vaccine, I heard something similar second hand so I'm not pressing on with my example. I fucking hate being an alarmist about these vaccines but the stats are not being shared (what else is new)!
Sorry to hear about those that passed :(

I’m with you buddy. But it’s hard to discuss this in a civil manner even around friends. I don’t trust a lot
Of things they are telling us, the gov has proven over and over that they have no idea about this virus.

Starting from masks don’t work to they do work, to we need 2 or more to we can sit down and not have one but when we walk around we need one and that virus comes out at 10pm.

I do know that senators and gov got Pfizer so it is likely the safest one. I wouldn’t touch anything else with a 10ft pole.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:30 am

Sorry to hear about those that passed :(

I’m with you buddy. But it’s hard to discuss this in a civil manner even around friends. I don’t trust a lot
Of things they are telling us, the gov has proven over and over that they have no idea about this virus.

Starting from masks don’t work to they do work, to we need 2 or more to we can sit down and not have one but when we walk around we need one and that virus comes out at 10pm.

I do know that senators and gov got Pfizer so it is likely the safest one. I wouldn’t touch anything else with a 10ft pole.
I keep seeing announcements from our gov that the AZ is safe, and they are doing PR work by taking that shot, but they can keep it more then 50% don't want to touch it. My wife's parents both got vaccinated with Pfizer shot 1 and 2 with little to no side effects. I'm waiting on gen 2 that will cover new variants, it doesn't buy us any extra freedoms.

I watched the bafoonery unfold with the no mask, one mask, two mask :bs: and had to SMH. What's interesting is that every government basically took the same orders and made the same mistakes. They are taking orders or just copying each other.

On the flip side, my buddy is a pilot for AirCanada and his whole family caught the 'VID three weeks ago. He tells me that he still has a cough, and gets craps in his legs which tell me that he's probably got blood clotting happening there.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

And more evidence the world makes zero sense, I closed one of my gamestonk positions today with a $500 profit on a $2k investment that I wrote off in Feb. It makes zero sense.

One IRA left that's down "just $1k" now, which on $5k is really :notbad: I'll wait to see if it goes any higher before I close that one out too. Would be nice to take a small loss to stay tax neutral.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Lol @ $AMC
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:03 pmLol @ $AMC
Yea, what in the fuck?

We met some friends a month or so ago who invested their life savings in AMC @$20/share. Bagholders anonymous, I told them to just keep holding and don't sell for a loss. They're up like $100k right now. These folks don't have a ton of money, so this is actually life changing for them. Pretty :neat: to see, I just hope they sell before it tanks. I also warned them about the tax man.

I might actually get rid of the rest of my GME without losing on it. I'm :mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:05 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:03 pmLol @ $AMC
Yea, what in the fuck?

We met some friends a month or so ago who invested their life savings in AMC @$20/share. Bagholders anonymous, I told them to just keep holding and don't sell for a loss. They're up like $100k right now. These folks don't have a ton of money, so this is actually life changing for them. Pretty :neat: to see, I just hope they sell before it tanks. I also warned them about the tax man.

I might actually get rid of the rest of my GME without losing on it. I'm :mindblown:
What?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:05 pm
Yea, what in the fuck?

What?
They basically threw $25k at movie theater company stock and made $75k
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Seems a lot like "put it all on red!" to me.
:nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 pm

What?
I understand the math. And I am happy for them. I am just :disgust: at throwing your "life savings" on AMC, GME, DOGE or BTCN. That is full retard.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:17 pm

I understand the math. And I am happy for them. I am just :disgust: at throwing your "life savings" on AMC, GME, DOGE or BTCN. That is full retard.
80% of the time it works every time.
max225

if 25k is your life savings... you have other issues, not much to lose everything to win.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:31 pm

if 25k is your life savings... you have other issues, not much to lose everything to win.
Perhaps it is best to simply not use the term "life savings" I don't know how old these people are but at age 25 for instance my life savings was negative $100K. So $25K positive would have been muy bueno. I don't think using the word "life savings" is appropriate till age 45 or so. Too much life left.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Perhaps it is best to simply not use the term "life savings" I don't know how old these people are but at age 25 for instance my life savings was negative $100K. So $25K positive would have been muy bueno. I don't think using the word "life savings" is appropriate till age 45 or so. Too much life left.
Our age, just more traditional northern MI folks... minimal education, menial jobs, nearly paycheck to paycheck, 2 kids to feed... it's how most of the country lives. DFD is not by any means normal.

They were saving to buy their house from their landlord. The landlord sold their house to someone else (who's maintaining their lease) so they YOLO'd what little they had into AMC at the height of the mania with hopes of winning big. They have now, but "squeeze hasn't sqoze" they claim and they're going to keep holding buying into the social media memes that the price target is infinity. They have no idea what the market dynamics behind all this looks like, and don't recognize that tripling your money is a once in a lifetime event, getting out now would be a monumental win. They'll probably lose it all by waiting for more that won't come. Greed is the downfall.
ChrisoftheNorth

Welcome to how most of the country lives.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:52 am

Our age, just more traditional northern MI folks... minimal education, menial jobs, nearly paycheck to paycheck, 2 kids to feed... it's how most of the country lives. DFD is not by any means normal.

They were saving to buy their house from their landlord. The landlord sold their house to someone else (who's maintaining their lease) so they YOLO'd what little they had into AMC at the height of the mania with hopes of winning big. They have now, but "squeeze hasn't sqoze" they claim and they're going to keep holding buying into the social media memes that the price target is infinity. They have no idea what the market dynamics behind all this looks like, and don't recognize that tripling your money is a once in a lifetime event, getting out now would be a monumental win. They'll probably lose it all by waiting for more that won't come. Greed is the downfall.
Gotcha
max225

Going to be epic if they cash out buy a house with the downpayment then realize that they owe 50k in taxes on their 100k “win” blame the gov, foreclose etc :lol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:52 am Our age, just more traditional northern MI folks... minimal education, menial jobs, nearly paycheck to paycheck, 2 kids to feed... it's how most of the country lives. DFD is not by any means normal.

Going to be epic if they cash out buy a house with the downpayment then realize that they owe 50k in taxes on their 100k “win” blame the gov, foreclose etc Image
HELOC and an IRS installment plan to pay taxes would probably be a better move than continuing to rent while house prices go up 20% a year...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:12 am

Going to be epic if they cash out buy a house with the downpayment then realize that they owe 50k in taxes on their 100k “win” blame the gov, foreclose etc :lol:
They're not that smart. They've fully bought into the hype and think the current price is "just the beginning". When AMC tanks back to earth, they'll be stuck holding worthless $20 bags again, but at least they won't owe taxes.

I've warned them about the tax man, the :aintcare: is exactly what you'd expect from these sorts of "investors".

I've never believed in people being "down on their luck", it's usually a pattern of habitual stupid decisions that drag people down through their lives. This is case in point. They already have life changing money (for them) even if they set aside half for the tax man. They could use this cash to start to get ahead, but you're absolutely right that even if they did sell, they'd put 100% down on a house and lose the house next year when the 50k tax bill hits. Or more likely they'd just ignore the tax bill and the .gov would garnish wages for the rest of their lives. That's more likely.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:17 am
max225 wrote: Going to be epic if they cash out buy a house with the downpayment then realize that they owe 50k in taxes on their 100k “win” blame the gov, foreclose etc Image
HELOC and an IRS installment plan to pay taxes would probably be a better move than continuing to rent while house prices go up 20% a year...
Assuming they buy the right house.

They currently live in a farmhouse that was built in 1850...it's one of the oldest houses on our peninsula. It's on a farm on top of a hill with insane views of the west grand traverse bay. It's an incredible spot. The farm is owned by a family that's had it forever who wants the farm but not the house, so they just rent it to them for... $500/mo! The house is probably a tear down at this point, but the land it's sitting on is worth insane money today and only appreciating. And that's the rub...they could probably buy the house, but the family won't sell the land. They'd dump all their "earnings" into a teardown house with no land value to show for it.
razr390

yeah I have slowly learned that any investments that make insane "gainz" I will make a habit of at least pulling out my initial investment and play with the house's money for whatever else happens. Worst case I always net 0
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:45 pm yeah I have slowly learned that any investments that make insane "gainz" I will make a habit of at least pulling out my initial investment and play with the house's money for whatever else happens. Worst case I always net 0
That's a good way to look at it if you're trying to keep your initial investment.

I've broken my portfolio up into mostly equal parts with risk tolerance. 1/3 is super high risk throw money away on GME type stupid shit. 1/3 is for medium risk/high growth stocks. The final 1/3 is for low risk stable stocks with strong dividends.

So far, I'm up more than I expected. Probably a stupid way of doing it, but my high and medium risk investments have paid off pretty big while my stable stuff is just sitting there collecting dividends.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

So i was on break during the meme stionks. Got in at second wave with casino money, so no real risk. Still up about 3x on AMC. Sundial been taking the L willing to ride to zero.

Well that bitch is up 40+% last 2 days. no shares available to loan. Legalization bill looking to pass house (again) and has a shot in the senate. Im back in the black, and the squeeze might be on. seeing rumblings of 5+ over the next week.

Overall my bets are doing ok. I put in 200 bucks total and right now my account values are about 500. Modest gains, was not looking for real investment, betting on moon shots zfg.

:popcorn:
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I thought AMC was a car company :mindblown;

@Chris, what happened with the farmers?