Official Watchu Streaming: NetazonluB.O. #netflix

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Im crushing pretty hard on Watchmen. I knew I'd be into once I heard Reznor/Ross were brought on to score it. They've really opened up and blossomed scoring film.

It checks a lot of personal preferences in film:

-alter dimension/parallel fiction history
-dark "super heros"
-commentary on humanity
-well shot and scored
-big reznor fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fQhHBuvc0
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:13 pm Watched episode 2 of The Mandalorian. I'm liking it, just wish it was a bit longer per episode.

Also watched the first 2 episodes of "The Word According To Jeff Goldblum". So far it's :notbad:
EXACTLY. wife hates the new disney star wars everything as she is a purist.

She has really warmed up to this show. It has the "old" feel to how its shot. Dead on with needing more. Classic disney short runtime bullshit along with the problem always being solved and concluded each episode. :gag: Im not saying to go all GoT and end on a cliff hanger EVER TIME but jesus. Throw us a bone and let an episode run long. We watch them each release on Friday.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Just started watching the final season of Mr Robot and damn, that first episode was nuts. They didn't waste anytime getting started.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:06 pm Just started watching the final season of Mr Robot and damn, that first episode was nuts. They didn't waste anytime getting started.

Still storing up the last season, haven't watched any of them yet. Going to binge them over Christmas I think.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:06 pm Just started watching the final season of Mr Robot and damn, that first episode was nuts. They didn't waste anytime getting started.

Still storing up the last season, haven't watched any of them yet. Going to binge them over Christmas I think.
It looks like they're doing a 2 part finale in 2 weeks so I figured it's safe to start watching now. I may blast through it quicker than I expected.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I caught up some pretty good shows I began to binge watch on Netflix

Outer Banks is 5/7, look up OBX
Wu assassin is pretty good too, only watched one episode so far.

Love 101, which is Turkish :excited: haz English speaking mode too and super interesting to watch. Beginning of the first episode is kinda boring, but real fun begin around 5 mins after that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qanxyYPLQbE
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:55 am I caught up some pretty good shows I began to binge watch on Netflix

Love 101, which is Turkish :excited: haz English speaking mode too and super interesting to watch. Beginning of the first episode is kinda boring, but real fun begin around 5 mins after that.
You're the fourth person this week who I have had recommend Outer Banks. I'lll have to check it out.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

For anyone into "documentary" style stuff, check out the Waco mini-series on Netflix.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wocka Wocka wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:29 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:55 am I caught up some pretty good shows I began to binge watch on Netflix

You're the fourth person this week who I have had recommend Outer Banks. I'lll have to check it out.
:doit: and thank me later
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

I would have thunk this thread would be thumping during the unholy plague....

Its hard to remember all that we watched but some highlights were:

The Mandalorian (Disney) - Love this show. Jon Favreau is a master show runner/writer and director and obviously a true fan. He assembled other true fans to direct, including Taika Waititi ( Thor Ragnarok, JoJo Rabbit), Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter and a gifted actress), Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk 'Til Dawn). I was the perfect age (Pre pubescent) for Star Wars to come out and this show makes me feel the way the original trillogy did. And the Season 2 finale was AWESOME!!!! There is a "making of" sister series too that is 5/7.

Counterpart (Amazon)- J.K. Simmons (Whiplash, Spider Man, Farmers Insurance commercials) star in a smart, parallel universe spy thriller series..... It didnt get picked up for third season because supposedly it was "too smart and too male" but I really liked it and the season 2 finale actually acted as an adequate series finale

The Gentlemen (Hulu) - Guy Ritchie joint (Snatch..... Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) Both well worth a watch themselves) with Matthew McConaughey, Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy), Colin Farrell, and Hugh Grant. British mob movie with quirky characters and hyper violence. Hugh Grant was a standout, I didnt know he had this in him.

Tiger King (Netflix) - like a car wreck that you just can't not look at

Peaky Blinders (netflix) - Period british mobsters.....excellent

Ozark (Netflix) - Money laundering/mob retribution series .... smart, well written and superbly acted. Jason Batemans best work.

Marvelous Ms. Maisel (Amazon) - Period piece about a jewish female stand up comic back in the days of Lenny Bruce, also smart, well written and superbly acted.

Fleabag (Amazon)- Super witty and funny show they call a tragicomedy. Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge kills it as the creator and the lead actress. Se also did the first season of Killing Eve, which was also excellent.

Billions - Paul Giamatti as a federal prosecutor who goes after a shady charismatic billionaire stock broker. Smart, funny and riveting.

A Handmaids Tale (Hulu) - Post Apocolytic/dystopian thriller about a world where 99% of women cant have kids and the society that rises as a result. Great book and equally great show especially for the first few seasons.

Bridgerton (Netflix) - DIdn't think I would like this but actually did...... British high society..... pretty sexy doe

WandaVision (Disney) - Weird but good.... Marvel Universe FTW

There were more but this is what I can think of for now.....

PS ( don't hold me to the streaming services I cite)
Last edited by Irish on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Nice list!

I love Marvelous Ms. Maisel, it's so witty and fun.

Watched Bridgerton in like... 3 days. Loved it, wish there was more like it.

Currently watching Lucifer on Netflix, I had planned to use it as a background noise show while doing other things but I got kinda into it.

Next on my list is Bonding, has anyone seen it?
Irish

Thanks Haley. Check out Fleabag, I think you'll like it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I will pull up this list next time I'm craving some TV... it is something I struggle with when bored as I'm not a huge TV guy... I find we end up watching a bunch of :bs: , may as well waste time with good content if I have it to burn.

Recently I've caught up on the last couple of seasons of Bosch on Amazon (watched the first four a few years ago) which I really enjoy.

I started watching Fresh Off the Boat on Hulu (hilarious, highly recommend for something light hearted/family friendly).

I hated Tiger King :disgust:

Other than that, mostly sticking with car and cycling stuff on YouTUbe.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:31 pm I will pull up this list next time I'm craving some TV... it is something I struggle with when bored as I'm not a huge TV guy... I find we end up watching a bunch of :bs: , may as well waste time with good content if I have it to burn.

Recently I've caught up on the last couple of seasons of Bosch on Amazon (watched the first four a few years ago) which I really enjoy.

I started watching Fresh Off the Boat on Hulu (hilarious, highly recommend for something light hearted/family friendly).

Cool. I started and stopped Bosch...I should get back to it. If you like that, I think you'll like Ozark and Peaky Blinders. Both make criminals the heros but they are both super good.

I watch more You Tube than anything these days, usually after the Missus goes to bed. I have eclectic tastes I watch everything from cooking videos to movie essays to science guys to Demuro and other car dudes, to you tube musicians. I also like deep dive type recaps on some of my favorite shows , especially those that have a lot of comic book or book book canon.... Like Marvel stuff or Star Wars stuff to support my understanding of back story on WandaVision and The Mandalorian.... I got drawn into a few "you tube personailities" as well. Knowing Better (essayist), Lydsey Ellis (smart entertaining film student) , the Vlogbrothers, Movies WIth Mikey, Joe Scott (science), CGP Gray (smart essayist).... and like 70 more,
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:31 pm I will pull up this list next time I'm craving some TV... it is something I struggle with when bored as I'm not a huge TV guy... I find we end up watching a bunch of :bs: , may as well waste time with good content if I have it to burn.

Cool. I started and stopped Bosch...I should get back to it. If you like that, I think you'll like Ozark and Peaky Blinders. Both make criminals the heros but they are both super good.

I watch more You Tube than anything these days, usually after the Missus goes to bed. I have eclectic tastes I watch everything from cooking videos to movie essays to science guys to Demuro and other car dudes, to you tube musicians. I also like deep dive type recaps on some of my favorite shows , especially those that have a lot of comic book or book book canon.... Like Marvel stuff or Star Wars stuff to support my understanding of back story on WandaVision and The Mandalorian.... I got drawn into a few "you tube personailities" as well. Knowing Better (essayist), Lydsey Ellis (smart entertaining film student) , the Vlogbrothers, Movies WIth Mikey, Joe Scott (science), CGP Gray (smart essayist).... and like 70 more,
:nice:

I need to check out The Mandalorian, I've heard nothing but great things. I'm actually :notsure: if we have Disney at this point, the wife got it free with her Verizon plan for a while but that may have ended. I'm trying to get her off of all the :wasteful: :bs: and just maintain one or two subscriptions.
Irish

I generally like to use Rotten Tomatoes to gauge whether something is worth watching. For those of you that dont know, RT is a review aggregator. It adds up and averages scores from all the major movie reviewers..... also does the same for audience reviews. Anything above 50% is classified as "Fresh" and below "Rotten".

The professionals tend to give indie and arty films too much credit and to frown on action and low brow stuff.... the audience tends to give dumb comedies and shoot em ups too much... but they tend to balance each other out for the most part......and using the pros and the amateurs together generally works pretty well for me.

I like my movies to make sense...the smarter and more clever the better. I generally don't waste my time with anything below 70% fresh based on the pros unless the audience is much, much higher and if what a sampling of them writes makes sense to me.

But I recently watched two pretty good flicks where the pros were way off.

Rememory - with Peter Dinklage ( Tyrian in GOT) in a study on guilt in a world where an inventor is about to release a machine that can read and play peoples repressed memories. It was flawed but very well acted and entertaining; Like a 2 hour Black Mirror episode. Rotten tomatoes woefully underrated it.

Blue Ruin - Gritty, super realistic indie revenge movie. Has a few plot holes but nothing too glaring. RT gave it 93 % I would knock about 10% off of that, bit it was still pretty damn good.

Both on Netfux
Last edited by Irish on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

Green Room (Amazon) - Same Director as Blue Ruin (^ Above) not high art but entertaining..... super realistic violence

The Trial of The Chicago Seven (Netflix) - True story about the trial of anti Vietnam war activists who were involved in tiots that broke out during the 1968 Democratic Convention. Very, very good.
Last edited by Irish on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

Hellloooo .... Hellloooo..... Hellloooo......... It this thing on?

Anyways.......

Enola Holmes (NetFlix) - Clever spin on Sherlock Holmes....this story centers on his little sister, played to a T by Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven in Stranger Things). I think this actress has Oscar's in her future...not that this role deserves one, but she IS really good. Clever story, cool visuals and directed by Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge (Fleabag). Jolly good fun, old chaps.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I’ve been binge-watching TF out of TrailRecon on YouTube.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Formula 1: Drive to Survive (seasons 1-3) on Netflix. Great insight into the circus that is F1
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:25 pm Hellloooo .... Hellloooo..... Hellloooo......... It this thing on?

Anyways.......

Enola Holmes (NetFlix) - Clever spin on Sherlock Holmes....this story centers on his little sister, played to a T by Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven in Stranger Things). I think this actress has Oscar's in her future...not that this role deserves one, but she IS really good. Clever story, cool visuals and directed by Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge (Fleabag). Jolly good fun, old chaps.
Missed this thread. This is a good couples movie. I’d give it a 4/7 couples or 3/7 solo rating. A bit on the feminism here and there.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Has anyone peeped justice league D cut?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

We're just about finished with our 3rd or 4th time through West Wing and I've re-started Star Trek: TNG for the 3rd or 4th time to watch while I bike indoors. No interest in newer stuff, seems like it's all dark/gritty/vulgar and I can just watch the news or go outside if I want to see that. :wap;
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:06 pm We're just about finished with our 3rd or 4th time through West Wing and I've re-started Star Trek: TNG for the 3rd or 4th time to watch while I bike indoors. No interest in newer stuff, seems like it's all dark/gritty/vulgar and I can just watch the news or go outside if I want to see that. :wap;
There is some great lighter stuff.

Marvelous Mrs Maisel (utterly charming)

WandaVision (not light but no darker than the darkest TNG)

Fleabag (maybe a little vulgar, serial innuendo wise, but I found it brilliant)

Both Ricky Gervais series..... Afterlife and Derek are surprisingly poignant while being quite funny
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ive been super outdated on netflix and haven't yet ran into anything that caught my eye