Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Good luck to both of you!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:54 pm Good luck to both of you!
:wub: Thanks :sawce:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm
wap wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 pm

I hear ya.

So I had my appointment with my cardiologist this morning and we are all on board with me getting carved up asap in early June. I need one more test, an angiogram, which I scheduled for next Friday, the 24th. And for THAT test, I needed 3 other tests, a blood test, chest x-ray, and an EKG, so I just had those 3 done as long as I was at the hospital anyway. Next thing will be for me to call the surgeon's office to schedule the surgery. That will be a hard phone call to make, but it's gotta be done.
Yeah.....I have to make an appointment with an oral surgeon. Not looking forward to that because, On top of everything else I am likely going to lose the rest of my teeth ( the lower ones at any rate). My teeth were never great and 10 years of cocaine addiction didn't help. I have let them go and I knew the day would come when I'd have to have them yanked and either get implants or dentures....I just didn't think it would be so soon........and in the face of this other threat. Fuck.
Damn. :(

Good luck with whatever teeth replacement method you decide on.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:54 pm Good luck to both of you!
:wub: Thanks :sawce:
:dat:

:wub: :sawce:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

When I was a kid, I hated the dentist so much that I told him I wanted dentures so I wouldn't have to come anymore.

He said, ok, I'll be right back...and comes in with a set of GNARLY pliers.

They looked like they came from his tool box, not surgical tools, told me to open wide and I freaked.

He laughed and said "take care of your teeth, you don't want this ever"

And ever since I've been ON TOP of dental care. Still hate the dentist, and have gone in spurts of skipping cleanings for 2-3 years, but when I went 3 mos ago, dentist said they looked like they were cleaned yesterday.

Thanks dentist bro for scaring me as a child.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish

Detroit wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm When I was a kid, I hated the dentist so much that I told him I wanted dentures so I wouldn't have to come anymore.

They looked like they came from his tool box, not surgical tools, told me to open wide and I freaked.

And ever since I've been ON TOP of dental care. Still hate the dentist, and have gone in spurts of skipping cleanings for 2-3 years, but when I went 3 mos ago, dentist said they looked like they were cleaned yesterday.

Scared Straight....pretty cool.....
Irish

Good vibes/prayers requested......Tomorrow I get the CT scans and hopefully a solid game plan from the surgeon.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm How have I not found this thread yet, it's right up my alley.

I'll be honest since the death of my mother, I find myself being pre-occupied with the thought of death. Not so much a morbid thought, but more of the acceptance that one day my consciousness will fade into the nothingness that it was before, and how I should cherish the time that I am allotted on this planet.

Having already been through addiction, and the downs associated with that.
Losing my house to a flood, both parents passing etc. I feel like life has already tossed some of it's worst my way, and I've weathered it all fairly well.

So, I do try to cherish everyday, do items that are on my bucket list while I'm still able to. To live a life of 'no regrets' when I take a look back, and so far, so good.
Also, be nice to each other, we're all we got, there's not need to be a dick.

Also, yeah, I'm glad I quit smoking.
I still have one from time to time, and it's easy to get hooked again, but it's my one vice.
I'm done for good, but if I die of lung cancer, I've made it to 50 and under cross examination I will admit that I enjoyed the hell out of a lot of cigarette smoking. A life well lived? For sure. Trying to have my cake and eat it too.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm When I was a kid, I hated the dentist so much that I told him I wanted dentures so I wouldn't have to come anymore.

My hygenist for the last 4 years has pretty much been a bitch/hard ass about my cleanings. MARINE CLEAN OR GTFO. She's my gal. Don't need my ass kissed, let's keep it high and tight!
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:44 pm Enjoy this picture of the creators of :sawce:

Original Sauce.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:21 am

I feel you, big time. I was feeling pretty okay emotionally because I was seeing the surgeon and felt proactive. But the CT scan and follow up are scheduled for NEXT monday. I want this all to happen yesterday. The anxiety is real.
I hear ya.

So I had my appointment with my cardiologist this morning and we are all on board with me getting carved up asap in early June. I need one more test, an angiogram, which I scheduled for next Friday, the 24th. And for THAT test, I needed 3 other tests, a blood test, chest x-ray, and an EKG, so I just had those 3 done as long as I was at the hospital anyway. Next thing will be for me to call the surgeon's office to schedule the surgery. That will be a hard phone call to make, but it's gotta be done.
Stone cold. Get out of surgery, light your first Winston, NFG.
wap

Irish wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:05 pm Good vibes/prayers requested......Tomorrow I get the CT scans and hopefully a solid game plan from the surgeon.
Wapvibes coming your way, dude. You'll be finer than fine!
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 am

I hear ya.

:nope:
Irish

wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:06 am
Irish wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:05 pm Good vibes/prayers requested......Tomorrow I get the CT scans and hopefully a solid game plan from the surgeon.
Thanks Fappy!

Well....I pretty much got the scoop. It all comes down to how much damage she finds once she starts cutting. If the tumor doesn't run all the way to the jaw bone (and the scans do indicate that this is the case) then she can cut it out, do a simple skin graft and I will go home the next day. :fuckyeah: If it does go to the bone, they will take a portion of it out and reconstruct using bone from my leg. they will have to do a skin flap procedure to replace tissue in my lower mouth and this will mean a trach tube, feeding tube and 7 days in the hospital. In either case they are going to flay open my neck and remove lymph nodes. Either way, its what has to be done. I'm just praying that what she finds warrants the less invasive of the two scenarios.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

You got this Irish!
Irish

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am You got this Irish!
:wub: Thanks mang
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks Fappy!

Well....I pretty much got the scoop. It all comes down to how much damage she finds once she starts cutting. If the tumor doesn't run all the way to the jaw bone (and the scans do indicate that this is the case) then she can cut it out, do a simple skin graft and I will go home the next day. :fuckyeah: If it does go to the bone, they will take a portion of it out and reconstruct using bone from my leg. they will have to do a skin flap procedure to replace tissue in my lower mouth and this will mean a trach tube, feeding tube and 7 days in the hospital. In either case they are going to flay open my neck and remove lymph nodes. Either way, its what has to be done. I'm just praying that what she finds warrants the less invasive of the two scenarios.
:dat: When are you going under the knife?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 am

Figurative ZFG post surgery Ron. Not really suggesting you pick up the stupidest habit in the world.
wap

Thanks Fappy!

Scans are pretty accurate. You'll be fine and out of there in a day or 2.

We're all pulling for you.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:11 pm
wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 am

Figurative ZFG post surgery Ron. Not really suggesting you pick up the stupidest habit in the world.
:word:
Didn't actually think you were. :lol:
wap

Wrote that post to Irish this morning from the hospital. Had 3 more pre-surgery tests today. One more easy one on Thursday then a big-ish (angiogram) one on Friday. Gotta take the day off for that one because I'll be sedated and I can't drive for the rest of the day. Can't do much of anything that weekend, actually, because I have to let the artery in my wrist that they're puncturing heal up.
wap

Also got my special pre-surgery soap that I have to shower with for 2-3 days before the butchery.

After Friday's procedure I have 2 whole weeks of no tests or needles until my final blood draw 2 days before my surgery. It's funny how the little things become important when they become rare.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:21 pm Also got my special pre-surgery soap that I have to shower with for 2-3 days before the butchery.

After Friday's procedure I have 2 whole weeks of no tests or needles until my final blood draw 2 days before my surgery. It's funny how the little things become important when they become rare.
What does it do?
Irish

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Thanks Fappy!

:dat: When are you going under the knife?
TBD..... I all but begged her to expedite but she has to line up the bone guy and an Oral Surgeon to be on call in case they are needed....I am guessing 2-4 weeks..... sigh
Irish

wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:20 pm Wrote that post to Irish this morning from the hospital. Had 3 more pre-surgery tests today. One more easy one on Thursday then a big-ish (angiogram) one on Friday. Gotta take the day off for that one because I'll be sedated and I can't drive for the rest of the day. Can't do much of anything that weekend, actually, because I have to let the artery in my wrist that they're puncturing heal up.
Everything is one day at a time for us now, my friend. Worrying will not make it better and will likely achieve the opposite. Fuck heart issues and fuck cancer........You and I will be :dock: in the old age home....