What is Life

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:12 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:33 pm Had 3 month check up .... surgeon is pleased with healing progress. :fuckyeah:

My mouth still feels like I am under novocain and my neck is constantly puffy but all in all life is good......

Also started planning for teeth replacement...saw a Prosthodontics doc today..... Looking at two more surgeries and $12 - $50K before insurance.....it will be an uphill battle on that front..... tough to get medical insurance to pay for anything dental.... :sad:

Have a CT Scan of head neck and chest scheduled for Friday...... fingers crossed
Glad to hear you're healing up :nice: ly!

Sucks about the :waxer: teef, but you can't really live well without them so I guess you just gotta :troywax:

Good luck on your CT scan! I've got an echocardiogram scheduled for the following Friday, the 13th then an immediate follow up with my cardiologist. We'll see how that goes.
Thanks Fapmeister....best of luck to you as well!!!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:22 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Glad to hear you're healing up :nice: ly!

Sucks about the :waxer: teef, but you can't really live well without them so I guess you just gotta :troywax:

Good luck on your CT scan! I've got an echocardiogram scheduled for the following Friday, the 13th then an immediate follow up with my cardiologist. We'll see how that goes.
Thanks Fapmeister....best of luck to you as well!!!
:like: :wub:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

CT Scan came back negative for recurrence...... :fuckyeah:
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:09 pm CT Scan came back negative for recurrence...... :fuckyeah:
DUDE! :fuckyeah: :carlton: :tubeman: :yesth: :neat: :meatspin: :muah: :impressive: :mahman: :excited: :bravo: :burnout: :tits: :like:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:09 pm CT Scan came back negative for recurrence...... :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So they hacked your neck up for nothing?

:trollface:

:fuckyeah: on the great news!
Irish

wap wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:43 pm
DUDE! :fuckyeah: :carlton: :tubeman: :yesth: :neat: :meatspin: :muah: :impressive: :mahman: :excited: :bravo: :burnout: :tits: :like:
:wub:

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:43 pm
:wub:
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Yeah, that thought did cross my mind..... but the alternative would have been potentially discovering that the cancer had spread later because she did not do the dissection.... also without it, they would have ordered chemo and/or radiation.....

That being said, most of my struggles with recovery (messed up shoulder, difficulty getting comfortable enough to sleep, puffiness) all stem from the cutting they did in my neck.... :sad:
Irish

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:44 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Yeah, that thought did cross my mind..... but the alternative would have been potentially discovering that the cancer had spread later because she did not do the dissection.... also without it, they would have ordered chemo and/or radiation.....

That being said, most of my struggles with recovery (messed up shoulder, difficulty getting comfortable enough to sleep, puffiness) all stem from the cutting they did in my neck.... :sad:
Yeah I'm the model of sensitivity amirite!??!

But yeah, with doctors the question always is - How much is too much? Could they not have discovered that the lumping your mouth wasn't cancerous and deduced that the rest was deemed not necessary? Does $130k in Bill's to insurance companies become the goal/target of surgical experts?

Either whore, life is beautiful knowing you're healthy moving forward. What if anything will change once you're recovered? More health related improvements like diet/exercise? Skydiving? Participation in pr0n vids?
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:02 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:44 pm

But yeah, with doctors the question always is - How much is too much? Could they not have discovered that the lumping your mouth wasn't cancerous and deduced that the rest was deemed not necessary? Does $130k in Bill's to insurance companies become the goal/target of surgical experts?

Either whore, life is beautiful knowing you're healthy moving forward. What if anything will change once you're recovered? More health related improvements like diet/exercise? Skydiving? Participation in pr0n vids?
Yeah, any more sensitive and you'd have :tits: :hubba:

The tumor was definitely cancerous as determined by the biopsy.....It was "Stage 2" based on size and I guess they play the percentages..... (90% of the time when its that big it has spread to the jaw and lymph nodes) But yeah, does make you wonder whether its more profit driven than anything else....

Already quit vaping....I actually eat pretty healthy but I have been doing a lot of Italian ice/ice cream because the cold soothes my uncomfortable mouth.... will eventually have to drop that because sugar/carbs are not my friend when it comes to weight... exercise is on the agenda but it will have to be cardio to start because lifting is out with the nerve damage done to my right shoulder.....

Other changes..... I have delegated a lot of the day to day on my business to my assistant.... I want to take this even further by hiring another office person....

I plan on working in a few trips a year and Europe (especially Ireland) sooner rather than later...

Skydiving was always on the bucket....but got too old and too heavy for it to be a viable thing....I had a coworker years ago who fucked up his leg permanently after landing just a little funny..... eff that

As far as the pron.... why don't you come stateside and find out, big fellah? :gaydance: :ohmy: :sissyfight: :hubba:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:02 pm

The tumor was definitely cancerous as determined by the biopsy.....It was "Stage 2" based on size and I guess they play the percentages..... (90% of the time when its that big it has spread to the jaw and lymph nodes) But yeah, does make you wonder whether its more profit driven than anything else....

Already quit vaping....I actually eat pretty healthy but I have been doing a lot of Italian ice/ice cream because the cold soothes my uncomfortable mouth.... will eventually have to drop that because sugar/carbs are not my friend when it comes to weight... exercise is on the agenda but it will have to be cardio to start because lifting is out with the nerve damage done to my right shoulder.....

Other changes..... I have delegated a lot of the day to day on my business to my assistant.... I want to take this even further by hiring another office person....

I plan on working in a few trips a year and Europe (especially Ireland) sooner rather than later...

Skydiving was always on the bucket....but got too old and too heavy for it to be a viable thing....I had a coworker years ago who fucked up his leg permanently after landing just a little funny..... eff that

As far as the pron.... why don't you come stateside and find out, big fellah? :gaydance: :ohmy: :sissyfight: :hubba:
Haha joker, yeah I'll hold the camera... many thoughts in my mind and elements to this circumstance of yours... couldn't have been a better prognosis for a good 'ol chap like yourself.

Glad to see you're taking it slower, who knows if letting the reins go a little at work may help to grow things faster then you anticipated.

Good luck broseph!
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:38 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Haha joker, yeah I'll hold the camera... many thoughts in my mind and elements to this circumstance of yours... couldn't have been a better prognosis for a good 'ol chap like yourself.

Glad to see you're taking it slower, who knows if letting the reins go a little at work may help to grow things faster then you anticipated.

Good luck broseph!
Yeah its alot to unpack......

And so far I am finding that my assistant is definitely better than I was at certain aspects of the business so you may very well be right....

Thanks mang!
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 pm Image

Also, :jimp:
wap

Cross posted from OT, with more deets:

Had an echo cardiogram and followup appointment with my cardiologist this morning. All is well and he took me off of coumadin so no more rat poison for me, AND I get to drink in Ireland week after next! :fuckyeah: That's the last of the prescription meds I was on since the surgery.

It's been 3 months since my surgery and I'm feeling almost normal, except for some weakness in my upper body from a) having my pecs sliced in half and b) the 10 lb lifting/pushing/pulling limit I'm under because of a) means my muscles have atrophied a bit. I get to start some weight training next week in my cardiac rehab and the cardiologist, Dr. Gerry Todd (look it up you :millennial: 's, my doc looks a lot like him :lol:) upped my weight limit to 25 lbs, so more progress. I do have more follow ups and appointments/procedures to do this year yet, the biggest being a colonoscopy ( :disgust: ), and a CT scan to check out a nodule on my diaphragm that they found during a previous CT scan back in May. I'll schedule that for November so it'll be 6 months since the last one. If it hasn't grown at all then it's nothing to worry about. If it has grown, :doomed:

I see the cardiologist again in 6 months then another echo cardiogram a year from now and annually forever after that, until this valve degrades to the point that it needs to be replaced again. All in all, :notbad: news.
wap

Going for that CT scan I mentioned in my post above on Monday. Surprisingly (to me) I'm actually getting a tiny bit nervous about it. :pussy:

Really hoping that damn nodule hasn't grown in the past 6 months. :sweaty:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:wub: me some :wap:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

Melon wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 pm :fuckyeah:
:wub: me some :wap:
:wub: me some :melon: , too. :wub:
Irish

wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:02 pm Going for that CT scan I mentioned in my post above on Monday. Surprisingly (to me) I'm actually getting a tiny bit nervous about it. :pussy:

Sorry I didn't see this sooner..... how did it go?
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 pm
wap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:02 pm Going for that CT scan I mentioned in my post above on Monday. Surprisingly (to me) I'm actually getting a tiny bit nervous about it. :pussy:

Sorry I didn't see this sooner..... how did it go?
The test itself went fine, thanks for asking. Once I got in the room I was out in 7 minutes, and that included talking to the cute British ex-pat tech. I meant to call the doc's office today to get results but I was busy at work and forgot to call. :rage:
I'll try to remember to call Monday but I'm having a colonoscopy Monday morning so I may not remember then, either. :lol:
Irish

All the best....I need to schedule the butt cam too....ugh.....
wap

Irish wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 am All the best....I need to schedule the butt cam too....ugh.....
Thanks dude.

And just :doit: Yea, the prep day kinda sucks because you're :poop: ing your brains out all evening, but the actual procedure is pretty :aintcare: and you wake up feeling great because they use propofol these days which is pretty :fuckyeah:
Irish

wap wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 am
Irish wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 am All the best....I need to schedule the butt cam too....ugh.....
Thanks dude.

And just :doit: Yea, the prep day kinda sucks because you're :poop: ing your brains out all evening, but the actual procedure is pretty :aintcare: and you wake up feeling great because they use propofol these days which is pretty :fuckyeah:
Best of luck with the :poop: , Olde friend
Last edited by Irish on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

I got some good/surprising news on the insurance front. It appears that they are going to write some sort of addendum to their plan for cases like mine where a medical issue caused the dental problem. The head of HR for Sinclair Broadcasting Group (wife's employer) has gave us a verbal "its going to be completely covered, including prosthodontics".

I have gone to two different oral surgeons. One was the dude that removed all my upper teeth. His office staff has the worst bedside manner of any "doctor" i have ever been to, but his medical staff is top shelf. His anesthesiologist, upon hearing I was cancer free, made it a point to stop in and tell me that she had prayed everyday for me. Made my eyes leak a little. He has a super busy, successful practice with a waiting room containing furniture (and artwork) who's value likely surpasses every lick of furniture I have ever owned in my life...combined. He wants to do 6-8 upper implants and 5 lower and the upper will necessitate bone grafting. He doesn't deal in the prosthetics. He referred me to a "delicate genius" who charged me $180 to tell me that I needed $40000 worth of teeth. This really pissed me off but I was in "Doctor visit mode" at the time and I was suffering sticker shock so I paid without complaint. Anyway....Total all-in is likely $120K and 10 months until I have a permanent mouth rebuild.

The other dude has a country road practice outside a local college town. He only wants to do 4 top and 4 bottom implants and he does his own prosthetics. His total is $70k. I've seen him twice and both times he has pushed so hard on my surgical sites that the bottom of my mouth feels super uncomfortable for weeks afterwards. He seems to be infatuated with the work that was done there (which is really impressive but is also as uncomfortable as fuck) and he seems like he wants to get in there and do all sorts of modifications that the other guy says is unnecessary. He is, however, much more willing to work with the insurance, is substantially cheaper and his turn around is only 6 months. But I really fear he is a sawbones, quack mfer.

I am hoping to be able to get exactly what procedures are covered in writing and then go get at least one more opinion. Hopefully one that will fall between the elitist and the neanderthal.
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:56 pm
wap wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks dude.

Best of luck with the :poop: , Olde friend
Thanks bro. Things didn't start off great this morning when the nurse couldn't find my vein when she tried to start the IV. Problem was, with all the blood draws and IV's I've had this year the crook of my elbow has a lot of scar tissue now. On her second try she found a vein and I was wheeled into the procedure room. Was chatting with the doc (a 5/7 dude I really like) and noticed I wasn't getting sleepy. Turns out the anesthesiologist was having trouble injecting the propofol. I had this big lump growing on my forearm because the chemical she was injecting was just collecting under my skin and not getting into my vein. :wtf: So she had to put in another IV (my fucking third stick of the morning) into the back of my hand, and I hate getting them there. :rage: Anyway, she got the IV in and I go lights out instantly and the next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery about a half hour later.

Anyway, doc comes by a short time later and tells me he found no polyps or any other issues so I don't need another scope for 10 years! :fuckyeah:
TL:DR:
Got needle stuck 3 times and my :knot: is healthy. :csb:
Last edited by wap on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.