What is Life

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:40 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:01 pm

Yea I know how they work, I just have a problem with them from a moral/fairness standpoint. There are several good suburban taxi companies around here, one of which I have their ap for and it works much like Uber, even including a map showing how far away the taxi is. And I'm guaranteed a clean vehicle, trained driver who makes a living wage, they ALWAYS show up on time if not a few minutes early, and it ain't that much more expensive than a Uber.

Also, nope, can't cook dinner. Not allowed to reach up for things nor lift anything over a few pounds for the next month. And with the Coumadin issue I can't be using kitchen knives, or else:
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... uue1js.jpg
O wow. The last several times I have used a taxi, the drivers have been none of that, and haven't known where they are going any better than an Uber driver.
Dat leafy suburban paradise I guess? :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:40 pm

O wow. The last several times I have used a taxi, the drivers have been none of that, and haven't known where they are going any better than an Uber driver.
Something. I have always associated real taxi drivers as guys that don’t need a phone app but the last 3 years has been retard non-english speaking motherfucking bastards. Enjoy your white privilege.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:02 am
wap wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Something. I have always associated real taxi drivers as guys that don’t need a phone app but the last 3 years has been retard non-english speaking motherfucking bastards. Enjoy your white privilege.
Well, to be sure, most of them are foreigners with varying levels of command of English, motherfucker. But unlike several on here I'm not offended by immigrants.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:26 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:02 am

Well, to be sure, most of them are foreigners with varying levels of command of English, motherfucker. But unlike several on here I'm not offended by immigrants.
Got a cab in NOLA dude was FOB from somewhere. Had NO IDEA where he was going and could not understand a WORD of English, mf. I'm ok with varying levels of command, I'm not good with ZERO command.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:13 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:26 pm Makes you wonder how he got his license...
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm That's the surgery my dad had. Trach tube and all. Seeing what happened to him, I'd suggest doing everything the physical therapist suggest after surgery

Please elaborate
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm That's the surgery my dad had. Trach tube and all. Seeing what happened to him, I'd suggest doing everything the physical therapist suggest after surgery

Please elaborate
I shoulda said speech therapist. Judging by your photos, his surgery was much more involved (30 years ago now). He lost a large portion of his tongue and didn't do the therapy to learn to speak well again. His quality of life was pretty poor.
Irish

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:40 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 am

Please elaborate
I shoulda said speech therapist. Judging by your photos, his surgery was much more involved (30 years ago now). He lost a large portion of his tongue and didn't do the therapy to learn to speak well again. His quality of life was pretty poor.
I am sorry to hear that but thank you for sharing. I am doing all my exercises but progress is really slow.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:40 pm

I am sorry to hear that but thank you for sharing. I am doing all my exercises but progress is really slow.
I was too young to be told the details but I think a lot of lymph nodes had to be removed from his upper chest and neck. A lot of muscles too. He needed a lot of physical therapy to even be able to lift his arms above his shoulders and he never followed through.

Its amazing how far medicine has come since then.
Irish

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:31 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 pm

I was too young to be told the details but I think a lot of lymph nodes had to be removed from his upper chest and neck. A lot of muscles too. He needed a lot of physical therapy to even be able to lift his arms above his shoulders and he never followed through.

Yeah..... I am having difficulty lifting my right arm over my head. I mean I can but it feels weak and strange.
wap

I'm not even allowed to lift both arms over my head. Only one at a time if very necessary. Otherwise I'm only supposed to lift them until they're parallel with the floor. This will be the case for another 3 weeks at least until my sternum heals up.
wap

Irish wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:00 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Yeah..... I am having difficulty lifting my right arm over my head. I mean I can but it feels weak and strange.
Will you be getting any PT?
Irish

wap wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:41 pm
Irish wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:00 pm
Will you be getting any PT?
Yes but not for another few weeks.
Irish

FInally got to the PT/OT yesterday and she has given me some exercises and has scheduled me for twice weekly visits. I really liked her and she has also shown me how to help with the lymphedema (Beneath the skin build up of fluid in my neck and jaw). It was uncomfortable enough that I did some research on my own and found this girl who gave some tips on her daily routine after similar surgery. This included some equipment that she suggested like face rollers and a scar massager. I bought both and it turns out this girls routine was spot on according to the therapist, She said that I was leaps and bounds further along than if I had not gotten those things and used them. :fuckyeah:

Also went back to the surgeons today for another follow up. They both said everything looks really good. :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:

Back in 6 weeks for a CT and then a check up every three months for a year to be sure that that vile shit hasn't come back....
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 pm FInally got to the PT/OT yesterday and she has given me some exercises and has scheduled me for twice weekly visits. I really liked her and she has also shown me how to help with the lymphedema (Beneath the skin build up of fluid in my neck and jaw). It was uncomfortable enough that I did some research on my own and found this girl who gave some tips on her daily routine after similar surgery. This included some equipment that she suggested like face rollers and a scar massager. I bought both and it turns out this girls routine was spot on according to the therapist, She said that I was leaps and bounds further along than if I had not gotten those things and used them. :fuckyeah:

Also went back to the surgeons today for another follow up. They both said everything looks really good. :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:

Back in 6 weeks for a CT and then a check up every three months for a year to be sure that that vile shit hasn't come back....
Fantastic news, dude! :fuckyeah: So glad to hear it. Keep up the good work! :like:

I go to my first session of cardiac rehab on Monday. Curious to see how that goes.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:fuckyeah: dudes! Good going Irish, that PT sounds like a gem. Why did they need to take all the lymph nodes out of yer' neck?
Irish

wap wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:03 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 pm FInally got to the PT/OT yesterday and she has given me some exercises and has scheduled me for twice weekly visits. I really liked her and she has also shown me how to help with the lymphedema (Beneath the skin build up of fluid in my neck and jaw). It was uncomfortable enough that I did some research on my own and found this girl who gave some tips on her daily routine after similar surgery. This included some equipment that she suggested like face rollers and a scar massager. I bought both and it turns out this girls routine was spot on according to the therapist, She said that I was leaps and bounds further along than if I had not gotten those things and used them. :fuckyeah:

Fantastic news, dude! :fuckyeah: So glad to hear it. Keep up the good work! :like:

I go to my first session of cardiac rehab on Monday. Curious to see how that goes.
:wub: Best of luck mang!
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:15 am :fuckyeah: dudes! Good going Irish, that PT sounds like a gem. Why did they need to take all the lymph nodes out of yer' neck?
Thanks Man!

I guess they completely removed 12 nodes and sent them out real time to pathology to test for cancer. In total she "examined" 60 and 0 showed signs of the BIg C...... :fuckyeah:
Irish

Thank goodness for decent insurance

wap

Irish wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm Thank goodness for decent insurance

:sweaty:

Same here. Good thing indeed. Hospital, various doctors, nurses, techs, etc., have submitted over $156k to my insurance company so far (I still get several EOB's/week) for my surgery. I'll be on the hook for around $3k I believe when all the bills finally arrive.

So glad you and I have decent insurance.
Imagine what those poor souls who don't have insurance would have to go through. Only in 'Murica do people file for bankruptcy because of medical bills. :|
Irish

wap wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:08 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm Thank goodness for decent insurance

Same here. Good thing indeed. Hospital, various doctors, nurses, techs, etc., have submitted over $156k to my insurance company so far (I still get several EOB's/week) for my surgery. I'll be on the hook for around $3k I believe when all the bills finally arrive.

Imagine what those poor souls who don't have insurance would have to go through. Only in 'Murica do people file for bankruptcy because of medical bills. :|
:yesth: This is only for the surgery and hospital stay. Prob another $15K in miscellaneous diagnosis, scans and therapy.

What they did for me is Priceless...... but Damn do they inflate what things should cost. $14/dose for Tylenol :rage: How is this okay? Stands to reason that everything else is grossly inflated as well...... If you call them out on it the first thing they say is "you aren't paying for it why do you care?" I care on GP dammit!
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:29 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:08 pm

:yesth: This is only for the surgery and hospital stay. Prob another $15K in miscellaneous diagnosis, scans and therapy.

What they did for me is Priceless...... but Damn do they inflate what things should cost. $14/dose for Tylenol :rage: How is this okay? Stands to reason that everything else is grossly inflated as well...... If you call them out on it the first thing they say is "you aren't paying for it why do you care?" I care on GP dammit!
True! As I said my insurance company was billed $156k but they only paid $57k! $99k difference! The markup is :fullretard: Fucking health care industrial complex... :rage:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I occasionally have people try to rope me into political discussions. I politely tell them I won’t, but, I have yet to see a plan from anyone on any side that tackles costs, and that, to me, it the root of our issues with healthcare.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Irish

Had 3 month check up .... surgeon is pleased with healing progress. :fuckyeah:

My mouth still feels like I am under novocain and my neck is constantly puffy but all in all life is good......

Also started planning for teeth replacement...saw a Prosthodontics doc today..... Looking at two more surgeries and $12 - $50K before insurance.....it will be an uphill battle on that front..... tough to get medical insurance to pay for anything dental.... :sad:

Have a CT Scan of head neck and chest scheduled for Friday...... fingers crossed
wap

Irish wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:33 pm Had 3 month check up .... surgeon is pleased with healing progress. :fuckyeah:

My mouth still feels like I am under novocain and my neck is constantly puffy but all in all life is good......

Also started planning for teeth replacement...saw a Prosthodontics doc today..... Looking at two more surgeries and $12 - $50K before insurance.....it will be an uphill battle on that front..... tough to get medical insurance to pay for anything dental.... :sad:

Have a CT Scan of head neck and chest scheduled for Friday...... fingers crossed
Glad to hear you're healing up :nice: ly!

Sucks about the :waxer: teef, but you can't really live well without them so I guess you just gotta :troywax:

Good luck on your CT scan! I've got an echocardiogram scheduled for the following Friday, the 13th then an immediate follow up with my cardiologist. We'll see how that goes.