OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm Had my guy at the gym work on my back a bit last night. Holy fuck it's sore today. My left side stays super knotted up for some reason. Gonna try to get him to work on my once a week to help break it all up for good hopefully. Month or two of weekly treatments should hopefully do it.
Interesting. I've had a knot in my left side that has pretty much decimated my strength. Went to Vegas on January 5th, drove the Wette. By the time I got there I had this huge knot. Got back, was sick from a flu thing. My lifts are totally jacked up other than squats. It's better over two weeks but max bench on the left side is 1 plate on the Hammer press. Very frustrating. #oldmanthings. I've had back pain before, but never a strength sapping knot like this. I've had two massages that have helped.
Yeah man, I need to get more massages to get all of this released. I can tell on some movements that my left arm pulls differently because of how knotted up shit is back there. We could both probably drink more water too to help loosen them up a bit.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

I know I've asked this before, but want to again, in case there are more on the radar or if others want to chime in. I mentioned yesterday that I only recently discovered that my employer offers auto discounts so it got my brain going like :plac:

I started looking around, all hypothetical at this point, for an AWD turbo car - hatch, sedan, mini-SUV - that could replace my MK7. The main factor is to get AWD for our ski trips and generic winter season driving.

I know basically any Audi hits the requirements, so I've checked those out. I've looked at the BMW 3 series, Benz C class, among others. Should anything else be on my radar (used, ideally CPO, market, preferably under $20k)? I'd work to getting ~$12.5k on trade-in, if possible, to minimize monthly payments as much as possible.
The panda hath arrived.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm I know I've asked this before, but want to again, in case there are more on the radar or if others want to chime in. I mentioned yesterday that I only recently discovered that my employer offers auto discounts so it got my brain going like :plac:

I started looking around, all hypothetical at this point, for an AWD turbo car - hatch, sedan, mini-SUV - that could replace my MK7. The main factor is to get AWD for our ski trips and generic winter season driving.

I know basically any Audi hits the requirements, so I've checked those out. I've looked at the BMW 3 series, Benz C class, among others. Should anything else be on my radar (used, ideally CPO, market, preferably under $20k)? I'd work to getting ~$12.5k on trade-in, if possible, to minimize monthly payments as much as possible.
Any number of Subaru's should check those boxes too, no?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 pm
Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm I know I've asked this before, but want to again, in case there are more on the radar or if others want to chime in. I mentioned yesterday that I only recently discovered that my employer offers auto discounts so it got my brain going like :plac:

Right, forgot to include the WRX on my list of looked-at cars too.
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:35 pm Keep the GTI, put her in a CX-5. :dillerman:
She's already got an Impreza, which I like but no turbo, so this is hypothetically for me. :iono:
The panda hath arrived.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 pm

The only Subaru that'd be on my radar is a WRX.

Everything else is a soulless continuously vaginal machine.
Thought we were talking about Panda's requirements ;) , which included a turbro'd S/CUV, preferably used, which made me think of the Forester since the turbro'd CX5 is too new to have used offerings yet.

But I agree with you :doe:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:[user not found]:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

My custom green guitar ordered at black friday shipped out today! :fuckyeah: :excited:

It'll be here just in time to go with me while we live in a hotel for a month with nothing to do but :dock: :fap: and play guitar. :alpo:
SAWCE

Moved most of my needed stuff to the new place last night. One thing I realized I forgot this morning as I went to cook my chicken for they day... all of my herbs/spices/oils... got some bland ass chicken rice and veggies today. I'll run back to the old place tonight to empty out that cupboard and whatever else is in the kitchen.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:35 pm My custom green guitar ordered at black friday shipped out today! :fuckyeah: :excited:

It'll be here just in time to go with me while we live in a hotel for a month with nothing to do but :dock: :fap: and play guitar. :alpo:
In4picsofsaidactivities
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

For AWD, avoid BMW’s at all cost. My ex coworker used to have a 320i xdrive and he told me his civic handles better in the snow on hills, and ive heard nothing but bad things about it too.

I assume you use winter tires for your GTI, if so, do you have issues when you go to resorts. My gti with allseasons did alright in those towns as long as roads are plowed, but from north of you, ive only driven mt. Snow, Vermont. When there was snow on the ground, it was sketchy as hell, especially going downhill.

For alternatives, wrx would work, but obviously due to lack of depreciation, you might be looking at in the neighborhood of 40k miles at minimum. Infinity has awd on its sedans like the g37 or q50, but they dont depreciate as fast as german cars. My friend drives a qx50 and told me it was good on snow. Audi’s are your best bet imo, quattro is amazingly good.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 pm

For AWD, avoid BMW’s at all cost. My ex coworker used to have a 320i xdrive and he told me his civic handles better in the snow on hills, and ive heard nothing but bad things about it too.

I assume you use winter tires for your GTI, if so, do you have issues when you go to resorts. My gti with allseasons did alright in those towns as long as roads are plowed, but from north of you, ive only driven mt. Snow, Vermont. When there was snow on the ground, it was sketchy as hell, especially going downhill.

For alternatives, wrx would work, but obviously due to lack of depreciation, you might be looking at in the neighborhood of 40k miles at minimum. Infinity has awd on its sedans like the g37 or q50, but they dont depreciate as fast as german cars. My friend drives a qx50 and told me it was good on snow. Audi’s are your best bet imo, quattro is amazingly good.
[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 am What really going to make a difference more than AWD in snow would be having the right tires and some ground clearance.

BMW’s xDrive is perfectly capable. I’ll bet his tires were summer tires or worn out.
Both good insights, thanks guys.

I was eyeing the Audi Q3 lately. I think the extra clearance would be nice, as Zilhuge mentioned. It'd give me a different feel with slightly more space than the GTI too.
The panda hath arrived.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 pm
Dis
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

working friday, such a shit show.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 am working friday, such a shit show.
Calling out sick over here.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 am working friday, such a shit show.
Calling out sick over here.
actually sick or just taking a day?
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 am
Jaxper wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:05 am

I was eyeing the Audi Q3 lately. I think the extra clearance would be nice, as Zilhuge mentioned. It'd give me a different feel with slightly more space than the GTI too.
Q3 is a Tiguan in drag - and it's very old and doesn't have any more space than a GTI. Dates back to 2011. I'd avoid it.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Found this one: https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-s ... 6-audi-a3/
If I were to do it, I'd ask them to swap my Austins off my GTI on the trade-in. Not a fan of those (Karthoums?) but like the color scheme otherwise.
Last edited by Jaxper on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The panda hath arrived.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 am What really going to make a difference more than AWD in snow would be having the right tires and some ground clearance.

BMW’s xDrive is perfectly capable. I’ll bet his tires were summer tires or worn out.

The current Q3 handling is pretty :disgust: really bad body roll and borderline wobbly.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

why not look for a used alltrak, can't speak much for its depreciation, but a pretty good alternative, and you can tune it to pep it up a notch.

Crosstek would've been great if they had more power from factory.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

It's 5 below fucking zero here this morning. And it's supposed to get colder into next week. Wednesday's HIGH is supposed to be 8 below.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 am

Q3 is a Tiguan in drag - and it's very old and doesn't have any more space than a GTI. Dates back to 2011. I'd avoid it.
:dat:
All the mags are pretty meh about it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:42 am
It's 5 below fucking zero here this morning. And it's supposed to get colder into next week. Wednesday's HIGH is supposed to be 8 below.
that blows.

I'm involved in a project that is likely going to court at some point now. So this week has been lots of meetings, finger pointing, stress, and documentation.

so like the shit part of engineering work. Being a lawyer without being paid like one.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:megusta:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:46 am

that blows.

I'm involved in a project that is likely going to court at some point now. So this week has been lots of meetings, finger pointing, stress, and documentation.

so like the shit part of engineering work. Being a lawyer without being paid like one.
Sounds :disgust:
Does your company have in house council or do they farm out their legal work?
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm

:megusta:
:lol:
I was waiting for you to chime in. :like:
It's :megusta: as long as the heat works here in the office, and at home, and the car starts after being out in the parking lot all day. Though it's never failed to start.
Yet. :yikes: