OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29163
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 pm

SAWCE wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 pm
Shit is about to hit the fan at work. Huge submittal due today, and the chick who gets our sub-contract labor quotes dropped the ball on one of the assemblies in the quote... This thing is worth $$$$
Quoted incorrectly or? That sucks.

Shit hit the fan at work for me today. Found out that our big maintenance outage that's happening in a week got it's approved spend cut IN HALF. Chaos ensues. Nobody has any idea how to get to the spend number. Went from $90MM to $45 MM :lolol: Turnaround manager is horrified. Cost people are freaking the fuck out. All my engineers are legit pissed that the scope they've been working on for TWO YEARS has to be adjusted in half to meet this new budget. And the project still starts in seven days.

:nope: :nope: :nope:

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29163
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Dat corporate budget haircut :lolol:

THOU SHALT SPEND HALF OF THY APPROVED AMOUNT

Done by people that have never visited the plant.

User avatar
CaleDeRoo
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm
Drives: C5
Location: Western NY

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 pm

I get one haircut per year

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25281
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 pm
Shit is about to hit the fan at work. Huge submittal due today, and the chick who gets our sub-contract labor quotes dropped the ball on one of the assemblies in the quote... This thing is worth $$$$
Quoted incorrectly or? That sucks.

Shit hit the fan at work for me today. Found out that our big maintenance outage that's happening in a week got it's approved spend cut IN HALF. Chaos ensues. Nobody has any idea how to get to the spend number. Went from $90MM to $45 MM :lolol: Turnaround manager is horrified. Cost people are freaking the fuck out. All my engineers are legit pissed that the scope they've been working on for TWO YEARS has to be adjusted in half to meet this new budget. And the project still starts in seven days.

:nope: :nope: :nope:
:thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Detroit
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 25281
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 pm
I get one haircut per year
:impressive:

I haven't had a haircut in 4 mos.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29163
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 pm

Detroit wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 pm


Quoted incorrectly or? That sucks.

Shit hit the fan at work for me today. Found out that our big maintenance outage that's happening in a week got it's approved spend cut IN HALF. Chaos ensues. Nobody has any idea how to get to the spend number. Went from $90MM to $45 MM :lolol: Turnaround manager is horrified. Cost people are freaking the fuck out. All my engineers are legit pissed that the scope they've been working on for TWO YEARS has to be adjusted in half to meet this new budget. And the project still starts in seven days.

:nope: :nope: :nope:
:thisisfine:
Apparently the Chinese bank that backs us doesn't have enough money to foot the bill for 1Q :thisisfine:

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29163
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Detroit wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 pm
I get one haircut per year
:impressive:

I haven't had a haircut in 4 mos.
I think I need a haircut. I should go see Carlos next week.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29123
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm
Detroit wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 pm


One of the best memes I've seen in a while.
:dat:
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29123
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm
Detroit wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm

:impressive:

I haven't had a haircut in 4 mos.
I think I need a haircut. I should go see Carlos next week.
I go to Helga every 6 weeks.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4548
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:39 pm

Watching the tale of bronx

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14753
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Cleaned around the house a bit. Funny how tidying some shit lying around makes the apartment look clean. Gonna go clean even moar tomorrow. GF is traveling.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14753
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm

Had a team lunch because my boss is leaving the company and former CIA director John Brennan walked into the restaurant we ate at and had lunch. :impressive:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
troyguitar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm

razr390 wrote:Cleaned around the house a bit. Funny how tidying some shit lying around makes the apartment look clean. Gonna go clean even moar tomorrow. GF is traveling.
Our :haus: looks yuuge now that I'm getting it closer to ready to go on sale. Less crap everywhere makes a big difference.

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4548
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 am

troyguitar wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm
razr390 wrote:Cleaned around the house a bit. Funny how tidying some shit lying around makes the apartment look clean. Gonna go clean even moar tomorrow. GF is traveling.
Our :haus: looks yuuge now that I'm getting it closer to ready to go on sale. Less crap everywhere makes a big difference.
:dat: it's like you can breathe more :mindblown:

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4548
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 am

god that tale of bronx movie is emotional asf.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:17 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm
Having a vet for a wife makes for interesting containers being used to bring home leftovers

Image
:drool:
I don't even know what a gullet is

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 19591
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm


Dead
:dat: RIP.

I saw that the other day. Wouldn’t even surprise me if he actually tweeted that.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 JKU Backcountry | 2009 MX-Cheez

User avatar
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Drives: MK7 GTI

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am

wap wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 pm
Jaxper wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:51 pm
Luna is the black/white (likely Border Collie and Greyhound mix) - 5 years old.

Dora is the black/white/tan (likely Hound mix) - 1 year old.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I enjoy your snaps of these 2 knuckleheads.
I'll gladly keep sending them!
The panda hath arrived.

User avatar
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4639
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 am
Drives: Ford Party ST
Location: Columbus, IN

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:35 am

razr390 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm
Had a team lunch because my boss is leaving the company and former CIA director John Brennan walked into the restaurant we ate at and had lunch. :impressive:
Image
Melon wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:41 pm
Don't discuss things you want on here.

This is only a place for 100% facts.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14753
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 am

4zilch wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:35 am
razr390 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm
Had a team lunch because my boss is leaving the company and former CIA director John Brennan walked into the restaurant we ate at and had lunch. :impressive:
Image
I’m still not over the fact that this is normal because DC lol
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20952
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am

Image

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 29163
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am

Apex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am
Image
I'm noping out at 3:30 today NFG. Boss held us till 5:30 yesterday. Ass.

Man I've been watching his work habits and I just don't fucking get it. He legit works 5:30-6AM to 6PM every single day.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20952
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:20 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am
Apex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am
Image
I'm noping out at 3:30 today NFG. Boss held us till 5:30 yesterday. Ass.

Man I've been watching his work habits and I just don't fucking get it. He legit works 5:30-6AM to 6PM every single day.
Some people are just wired to work. He'd probably keel over if he stopped working crazy hours.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5114
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Drives: nothing
Location: Somewhere else

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am
Apex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am
Image
I'm noping out at 3:30 today NFG. Boss held us till 5:30 yesterday. Ass.

Man I've been watching his work habits and I just don't fucking get it. He legit works 5:30-6AM to 6PM every single day.
I don't understand what you don't get.

:iono:

Most of the management at my company puts in a solid 14-16 hour day.

Now, if his output sucks then he's just a moron that works slow.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12663
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 pm
Dat corporate budget haircut :lolol:

THOU SHALT SPEND HALF OF THY APPROVED AMOUNT

Done by people that have never visited the plant.
ha, they just cut our implant personnel division at work. laying off like 40 people. " we are losing money" ok so negotiate the fucking contracts?
Weekly :fax:
Mario Andretti wrote: It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests