OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:49 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

its widely common knowledge. if you have the shits you have to cut off the source. drink water and fluids but no solid foods for 24 hours. Thats about it. :iono:
Never heard that before. The source is often going to be a single food, not all food, or a virus/bug.. I had a solid :poop: this morning after eating normal all day yesterday. I even got McDonald's as some comfort food last night :lolol: 2 triple cheeseburgers instead of my scheduled beef and rice meal.
oh. well proceed then. people get the shits for all different reasons. Seems you are just in a shitty cycle. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Never heard that before. The source is often going to be a single food, not all food, or a virus/bug.. I had a solid :poop: this morning after eating normal all day yesterday. I even got McDonald's as some comfort food last night :lolol: 2 triple cheeseburgers instead of my scheduled beef and rice meal.
:jelly: :megusta: :fatty: :baconator:
:dat:

i'd like to live that life.

I dont know last time i did mcdoe. Tacobell was a few weeks ago with :melon:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks for reminding me to hit T-Mobile Tuesday for some free TB. Free Lyft ride too :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Damn,,, free taco every week :notbad: T-Mobile is so :fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

i dont think so, just stay under the max.

side note:
:butwhy:

you would likely serve yourself better by saving the cash in a non tax deferred account so you can use it. You can alsays roth ira it later if you cnage your mind and get the tax beni.
Commish checks get taxed out the ass... so trying to mitigate that a bit... plus it's just more money than I need, will be placing some in savings account as well.
fair point.
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:50 pm

side note:

you would likely serve yourself better by saving the cash in a non tax deferred account so you can use it. You can alsays roth ira it later if you cnage your mind and get the tax beni.
ole CPA fax here. Its easier to have deferred taxes from your employers. 401k limits are ~$18k. roth is $5500. Thats a huge difference. Retroactively adjusting your AGi is just a pita.
sure its easier, but the point of money is to make it work for you; if saving for a house or something the money could be better suited outside 401k land now vs later but what do i know im just :wrong:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I did tacobell for the first time in over a year the other week. It was so good, but I wish those boxes were still only $5.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:20 pm

I did tacobell for the first time in over a year the other week. It was so good, but I wish those boxes were still only $5.
They are still $5 here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 am

Commish checks get taxed out the ass... so trying to mitigate that a bit... plus it's just more money than I need, will be placing some in savings account as well.
fair point.

ole CPA fax here. Its easier to have deferred taxes from your employers. 401k limits are ~$18k. roth is $5500. Thats a huge difference. Retroactively adjusting your AGi is just a pita.
sure its easier, but the point of money is to make it work for you; if saving for a house or something the money could be better suited outside 401k land now vs later but what do i know im just :wrong:
The reality is I should probably do more savings for :haus: . :iono: just want to reduce the tax load a little bit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm

fair point.

The reality is I should probably do more savings for :haus: . :iono: just want to reduce the tax load a little bit.
sound logic, however just cause they take a big bite out of a big comission check does not mean that you wont get some back at return time if your agi overll is lower. IE, big comission (or ot for us plebs) bumps you to higher bracket for that period so your rate is higher for that check. On the year it ballances and you will get some of it back that was taxed at the higher rate.

Also, you can use the roth to fine tune your agi for tax defered shit. IE, if you are 2k over and bumped into the next bracket, take some savings and put into the roth to get you back to that lower bracket.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

side note:

5500 limit? Holy hell that sucks. Are there penalities if you go over? Or is it a hard cap? Curious because the military roth limit is 19k.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:11 pm

5500 limit? Holy hell that sucks. Are there penalities if you go over? Or is it a hard cap? Curious because the military roth limit is 19k.
i think you just don't get the tax deferred benefit. IE you can put in more than 5500, but you would be a fool to.
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm

i think you just don't get the tax deferred benefit. IE you can put in more than 5500, but you would be a fool to.
hmmm thats crazy. I guess thats another benefit to me working for the .gov
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

fair point.

Can't you still withdraw from 401k for a first-time home buy? IIRC you haven't owned one yet, so maxing out the 401k could also be :haus: savings if you decide to use it for that later.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Can't you still withdraw from 401k for a first-time home buy? IIRC you haven't owned one yet, so maxing out the 401k could also be :haus: savings if you decide to use it for that later.
but his future life mate has, and her shit becomes his shit unless they buy before marriage.

BUT, also a 10% penalty for early withdrawal even though its 'allowed'. Maybe thats what they waive for first time? either way it gets added to your taxable income for the year, so if its a large sum, you are going to get taken to the cleaners either way.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 pm

but his future life mate has, and her shit becomes his shit unless they buy before marriage.

BUT, also a 10% penalty for early withdrawal even though its 'allowed'. Maybe thats what they waive for first time? either way it gets added to your taxable income for the year, so if its a large sum, you are going to get taken to the cleaners either way.
Nah, I think he's right, you can "borrow" from it without penalty for a home purchase... but that seems like a lot of hoops to jump through, especially when savings accounts actually pay out reasonably well.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Nah, I think he's right, you can "borrow" from it without penalty for a home purchase... but that seems like a lot of hoops to jump through, especially when savings accounts actually pay out reasonably well.
Most cases, you can "borrow" from it for anything you want. The amount you can borrow is quite a bit less than the account's value, but there's no penalty for doing so. There's usually an interest rate applied, but in the case of my company, the interest just went back into your account which was :notbad:

I looked into it extensively when we bought our current house and was worried we wouldn't sell our old house on time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 pm

sound logic, however just cause they take a big bite out of a big comission check does not mean that you wont get some back at return time if your agi overll is lower. IE, big comission (or ot for us plebs) bumps you to higher bracket for that period so your rate is higher for that check. On the year it ballances and you will get some of it back that was taxed at the higher rate.

Also, you can use the roth to fine tune your agi for tax defered shit. IE, if you are $Xk over and bumped into the next bracket, take some savings and put into the roth to get you back to that lower bracket.
We've done this the past few years to pretty good effect. Big Roth infusion = another couple grand of tax refund. :notsure: if/how that will work this year :doe: :thankstrump:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm

They are still $5 here.
:rage: middle class getting middle-r
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm

It may be different for married couples?
Our tax guy has me move $6500 to a Roth and the Mrs $5500.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:08 pm

They are still $5 here.
:rage: middle class getting middle-r
:mahtroy:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:11 pm Damn,,, free taco every week :notbad: T-Mobile is so :fuckyeah:
from long john silver? $1 iirc :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 am NJ also passed the $15/hr min wage increase yesterday too.
so many new cars on Trenton then. :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

They are still $5 here.
:dat: and they're one of the cheapest menu there anymore, last time they got their price increased was back in 2011 where it went from 5.25 to 5.30.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

so I wiped the shit out of my entire GTI with the chemical guys quick detailer and 8 microfibers, I caught salt in my mouth in the process.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:31 pm so I wiped the shit out of my entire GTI with the chemical guys quick detailer and 8 microfibers, I caught salt in my mouth in the process.
This seems like way more work than just washing it?