OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

NeonJonny wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 pm Yes? It's likely a combination of stuff.. started as a cough/trouble breathing, still hacking up some nasty shit, also shitting out some nasty shit. Whatever it is, it suck. Nyquil and Dayquil Cold/Flu definitely helped last night and this morning.

Been sucking on cough drops, drinking emergenc+ today, and then doing herbal tea too to help settle my stomach.
Aka stomach flu. Some filthy fucker gave you the noro. No eating for 24 hours and slowly introduce water back into your system. Then you can start the BRAT diet. In my spare time I’m a norologist.
I had the cold and now im fighting off a sinus infection that comes with it. :dislike:

Currently eating:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:48 pm

We have hard wired smoke detectors, but with the work we did on the house last year we needed a newer Co2 detector for the inspection. Single story house, so I only needed one.
Ours are hardwired as well, but they date to the building of the house (1984) and the plastic on a couple are starting to degrade.
I bought all new ones for ours off Amazon for ~$cheap each as the original ones were looking a little worn from being painted around (don't ask, I can't argue this with the woman).

Pull one and look at the model number, I bet you fine the matching replacement, but newer version for cheap in the contractors' bulk pack. Then get a Co2 for each level of the house.

Here's the ones bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B4 ... =UTF8&th=1

They use the "standard" 4 pin, 3 wire connector that was already in my ceilings. Plug and play.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

1st world problems: man, the book im reading and its audio book counterpart have different chapter / part numbering :(
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

How are our friend's in the green land of jersey feeling about the new rain tax?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02/04 ... ew-jersey/
“With all the salt that we’ve had on roads recently, that’s all running into the sewer systems. So you can’t ignore problems because they don’t go away,” Senate President Steve Sweeney said.

Sweeney said most states already have storm water utilities that collect and filter runoff from storms. In New Jersey, the runoff goes directly into streams, rivers and bays, carrying with it pollution like lawn fertilizers that contaminate the waterways.
“We all want to protect our environment. We all want to preserve it for future generations. But this is a weighted tax. The citizens of New Jersey … really with no oversight and no way to defend themselves against tax increases at local levels,” Kean said.

When asked what he would say to taxpayers who say they cannot afford another tax, Codey said, “It’s a small cost to live safely.”
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am How are our friend's in the green land of jersey feeling about the new rain tax?

“With all the salt that we’ve had on roads recently, that’s all running into the sewer systems. So you can’t ignore problems because they don’t go away,” Senate President Steve Sweeney said.

Sweeney said most states already have storm water utilities that collect and filter runoff from storms. In New Jersey, the runoff goes directly into streams, rivers and bays, carrying with it pollution like lawn fertilizers that contaminate the waterways.
“We all want to protect our environment. We all want to preserve it for future generations. But this is a weighted tax. The citizens of New Jersey … really with no oversight and no way to defend themselves against tax increases at local levels,” Kean said.

When asked what he would say to taxpayers who say they cannot afford another tax, Codey said, “It’s a small cost to live safely.”
This guy must have gone to school in California.

"We can't afford it, we're broke!" --poor people

"It's not that much money for the cause." --douchebag that is out of touch with reality.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am How are our friend's in the green land of jersey feeling about the new rain tax?

This guy must have gone to school in California.

"We can't afford it, we're broke!" --poor people

"It's not that much money for the cause." --douchebag that is out of touch with reality.
:dat:

I love the location of NJ, but gubment makes me want to :gtfo:
Unfortunately the towns right across the border in PA are nearly NJ price/tax wise.
Apex

NJ also passed the $15/hr min wage increase yesterday too.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm This sickness is fucking me up. Been shitting non-stop. Don't feel nauseous or flu-like anymore, but my stomach is just churning out poop soup like there's no tomorrow. Definitely taking today off from the gym, hopefully get 8+ hours of sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.
so have your done a 1 day fast?

I had the nasty sickness this weekend. Still aint right. Fasted for 2 days. was bullshit.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 am NJ also passed the $15/hr min wage increase yesterday too.
"We've got to pay the people more so there is more to take"
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

https://smartasset.com/taxes/lowest-taxes-in-america

Interesting that florida got 3 spots.
Apex

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:05 am
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 am NJ also passed the $15/hr min wage increase yesterday too.
Less people to tax at the higher rates once the kiosks go in and automate the minimum wage jerbs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:05 am

Less people to tax at the higher rates once the kiosks go in and automate the minimum wage jerbs.
Easy: Automation tax for businesses: 85%.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 am
Apex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 am

still cheaper than actual people?
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 am

still cheaper than actual people?
the future will be interesting for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Question for anyone:

Are there any negative implications to changing my 401K contribution percentage somewhat regularly. Basically, now that I have these commission checks, some months can be very luctrative, others less so. I'd like to contribute more to the 401Keezy when I'm making a bunch in a month but then, other months if commission isn't coming in, the regular 10% is plenty. Any tax problems or anything with this?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:05 am Question for anyone:

Are there any negative implications to changing my 401K contribution percentage somewhat regularly. Basically, now that I have these commission checks, some months can be very luctrative, others less so. I'd like to contribute more to the 401Keezy when I'm making a bunch in a month but then, other months if commission isn't coming in, the regular 10% is plenty. Any tax problems or anything with this?
i dont think so, just stay under the max.

side note:
:butwhy:

you would likely serve yourself better by saving the cash in a non tax deferred account so you can use it. You can alsays roth ira it later if you cnage your mind and get the tax beni.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Supposedly only on buildings with large paved lots, so not homeowners.
tax from properties with large paved surfaces such as parking lots
I suppose that could apply to some apartment buildings, doe.

Salt runoff into streams and the water table is a legit concern too, doe. It does fuck up ecosystems and kill vegetation, fish, etc.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:04 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm This sickness is fucking me up. Been shitting non-stop. Don't feel nauseous or flu-like anymore, but my stomach is just churning out poop soup like there's no tomorrow. Definitely taking today off from the gym, hopefully get 8+ hours of sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.

I had the nasty sickness this weekend. Still aint right. Fasted for 2 days. was bullshit.
Where is this “no food for 24 hours” coming from?

Never heard of that before. I’m eating like normal.

Took more NyQuil last night and got in the gym for some cardio and a sauna session this morning. Feeling better. Brought DayQuil to work with me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

side note:

you would likely serve yourself better by saving the cash in a non tax deferred account so you can use it. You can alsays roth ira it later if you cnage your mind and get the tax beni.
Commish checks get taxed out the ass... so trying to mitigate that a bit... plus it's just more money than I need, will be placing some in savings account as well.
SAWCE

Ordered more protein. Plain chocolate, chocolate mint, and chocolate coconut. Got 3 sample tubs of their frosted cinnamon bun too. :excited:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:04 am

Took more NyQuil last night and got in the gym for some cardio and a sauna session this morning. Feeling better. Brought DayQuil to work with me.
its widely common knowledge. if you have the shits you have to cut off the source. drink water and fluids but no solid foods for 24 hours. Thats about it. :iono:
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am

its widely common knowledge. if you have the shits you have to cut off the source. drink water and fluids but no solid foods for 24 hours. Thats about it. :iono:
Never heard that before. The source is often going to be a single food, not all food, or a virus/bug.. I had a solid :poop: this morning after eating normal all day yesterday. I even got McDonald's as some comfort food last night :lolol: 2 triple cheeseburgers instead of my scheduled beef and rice meal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm really not feeling work today at all...
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

side note:

ole CPA fax here. Its easier to have deferred taxes from your employers. 401k limits are ~$18k. roth is $5500. Thats a huge difference. Retroactively adjusting your AGi is just a pita.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:49 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Never heard that before. The source is often going to be a single food, not all food, or a virus/bug.. I had a solid :poop: this morning after eating normal all day yesterday. I even got McDonald's as some comfort food last night :lolol: 2 triple cheeseburgers instead of my scheduled beef and rice meal.
:jelly: :megusta: :fatty: :baconator: