OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm Quiet in here today.
Busy with a meeting this morning, but Bossbro sent an email to the whole company telling us we're closed tomorrow due to the extreme cold. Temps are predicted to be around -20 to -25 degrees with wind chills in the -60 to -70 range. :nope:

:fuckyeah: :doe:
:wat:

We're having the same temps. Boss said to make sure we "get our asses in".

:lolol:

I have to park in a structure that's a quarter mile walk outside. Supposedly frostbite will set in in under 10 minutes tomorrow on exposed skin. Maybe I'll just call in sick?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:55 pm

Busy with a meeting this morning, but Bossbro sent an email to the whole company telling us we're closed tomorrow due to the extreme cold. Temps are predicted to be around -20 to -25 degrees with wind chills in the -60 to -70 range. :nope:

I have to park in a structure that's a quarter mile walk outside. Supposedly frostbite will set in in under 10 minutes tomorrow on exposed skin. Maybe I'll just call in sick?
Dang.

If you've got the time you might as well.

Part of his reasoning is that plenty of :manuel: 's that work in the plant have cars that won't start in that cold. And our shop gets COLD when we have to have the big dock doors open, which we frequently do. Also, about 60% of the employees put in for tomorrow off anyway, and several of our customers are telling the sales folks that they're also closing, so :butwhy: not close too?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Dang.

Part of his reasoning is that plenty of :manuel: 's that work in the plant have cars that won't start in that cold. And our shop gets COLD when we have to have the big dock doors open, which we frequently do. Also, about 60% of the employees put in for tomorrow off anyway, and several of our customers are telling the sales folks that they're also closing, so :butwhy: not close too?
That makes sense.

I work in an office, and only us peons have to make the quarter mile walk, so fuck those guys right?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:03 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Dang.

That makes sense.

I work in an office, and only us peons have to make the quarter mile walk, so fuck those guys right?
Right.
You guys must work for a real life :scrooge:
"Mr. Cratchet! Do NOT put another coal on the fire!"
wap

Story time.
Last Friday I went to my local AAA office to get a passport photo taken (a free service for AAA members) because my passport expires this year and I need to renew it. Dude was a 5/7 nice guy and we got to chatting about random :bs: . Turns out their office is closing at the end of this month and I was telling him what a shame that was because it's 5 minutes from my house and it was very convenient to come in for maps or books before one of our road trips, etc. I also mentioned that we got our homeowners and auto insurance and liability umbrella through the office. Speaking of which, I said to him, "I just got my homeowners renewal paperwork and the premium went up like $200, what's up with that?" He goes, "let me take a look", and swiped my AAA card and pulled up my file. He reads through it and asks me if we got a new roof or furnace, AC, hot water heater, etc recently. I told him we got a new roof in 2017 as a claim through them due to hail damage. Also, we don't have central air but we did get a new wall unit at the same time as the roof also due to hail damage, and, now that you mention it, we also replaced our hot water heater the same year. So he enters all that info in and it resulted in a $645 price drop! I was a bit :notsure: but he just emailed the new declaration pages to me just now and the price dropped from $1858 to $1213. :notbad: :alpo: :troywax:
Last edited by wap on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:17 pm Story time.
Last Friday I went to my local AAA office to get a passport photo taken (a free service for AAA members) because my passport expires this year and I need to renew it. Dude was a 5/7 nice guy and we got to chatting about random :bs: . Turns out their office is closing at the end of this month and I was telling him what a shame that was because it's 5 minutes from my house and it was very convenient to come in for maps or books before one of our road trips, etc. I also mentioned that we got our homeowners and auto insurance and liability umbrella through the office. Speaking of which, I said to him, "I just got my homeowners renewal paperwork and the premium went up like $200, what's up with that?" He goes, "let me take a look", and swiped my AAA card and pulled up my file. He reads through it and asks me if we got a new roof or furnace, AC, hot water heater, etc recently. I told him we got a new roof in 2017 as a claim through them due to hail damage. Also, we don't have central air but we did get a new wall unit at the same time as the roof also due to hail damage, and, now that you mention it, we also replaced our hot water heater the same year. So he enters all that info in and it resulted in a $645 price drop! I was a bit :unsure: but he just emailed the new declaration pages to me just now and the price dropped from $1858 to $1213. :notbad: :alpo: :troywax:
:alpo:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:17 pm Story time.
Last Friday I went to my local AAA office to get a passport photo taken (a free service for AAA members) because my passport expires this year and I need to renew it. Dude was a 5/7 nice guy and we got to chatting about random :bs: . Turns out their office is closing at the end of this month and I was telling him what a shame that was because it's 5 minutes from my house and it was very convenient to come in for maps or books before one of our road trips, etc. I also mentioned that we got our homeowners and auto insurance and liability umbrella through the office. Speaking of which, I said to him, "I just got my homeowners renewal paperwork and the premium went up like $200, what's up with that?" He goes, "let me take a look", and swiped my AAA card and pulled up my file. He reads through it and asks me if we got a new roof or furnace, AC, hot water heater, etc recently. I told him we got a new roof in 2017 as a claim through them due to hail damage. Also, we don't have central air but we did get a new wall unit at the same time as the roof also due to hail damage, and, now that you mention it, we also replaced our hot water heater the same year. So he enters all that info in and it resulted in a $645 price drop! I was a bit :unsure: but he just emailed the new declaration pages to me just now and the price dropped from $1858 to $1213. :notbad: :alpo: :troywax:
:ohdang: :notbad:
Apex

Drive Blurple into the building. Park it, and walk to your office/cube/wherever. ZFG.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Drive Blurple into the building. Park it, and walk to your office/cube/wherever. ZFG.
Yea, that would go over really well.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm

It would with FCA as you Wrangler over to your new jerb. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 pm
:lolol: Indeed. Finger's crossed.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

:iswydt:
SAWCE

Got an email this morning from Friday's interview.. "we still have a few candidates to interview, but we'll get back to you by the end of the week." Man I hope I get it.
wap

:notbad:
:doit:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:32 pm Got an email this morning from Friday's interview.. "we still have a few candidates to interview, but we'll get back to you by the end of the week." Man I hope I get it.
:excited:
Rooting for you!
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:32 pm Got an email this morning from Friday's interview.. "we still have a few candidates to interview, but we'll get back to you by the end of the week." Man I hope I get it.
:excited:
Rooting for you!
Thanks Mang.
ChrisoftheNorth

:popcorn:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Fuck that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Congratulations Chris! We'd like to offer you a position at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles as the accessories lead for the 300!

:rage:

ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:43 pm
Congratulations Chris! We'd like to offer you a position at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles as the accessories lead for the 300!

:lolgasm:

:(
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE

"I've got a great idea!!! Let's sell accessories to help people make them look like Bentley's!"
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:44 pm

:lolgasm: :amazing:

It would be so...easy.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm
Pay increase, better benefits, 5 miles from home instead of 13 and would cut my commute time down drastically. Woman I interviewed with has been there just over a year and is interivewing to fill her current position becuase she's getting a second promotion already :notbad:
wap

:ohdang: