OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm How do you rip shirts? I have 14. Half long sleeve half short. Ive snagged a bolt on one walking through a tunnel and ripped one. Also aomehow mysteriously acquired a hole in the crotch. :dong:
For long sleeve dress shirts, it happens as we're building more :massles: .. our back and shoulders get wider, which pulls the sleeve tighter and higher up our wrist, and then as our arms get bigger too the elbows put additional pressure on the sleeves as they get tighter. It's a pretty common place for shirts to rip if you're growing and not updating your wardrobe with your new size.

I've had the crotch rip too.. mostly from skating back in the day, some from my legs growing and wearing jeans long enough that the friction between the legs as I walk wears the fabric down.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm How do you rip shirts? I have 14. Half long sleeve half short. Ive snagged a bolt on one walking through a tunnel and ripped one. Also aomehow mysteriously acquired a hole in the crotch. :dong:
For long sleeve dress shirts, it happens as we're building more :massles: .. our back and shoulders get wider, which pulls the sleeve tighter and higher up our wrist, and then as our arms get bigger too the elbows put additional pressure on the sleeves as they get tighter. It's a pretty common place for shirts to rip if you're growing and not updating your wardrobe with your new size.

I've had the crotch rip too.. mostly from skating back in the day, some from my legs growing and wearing jeans long enough that the friction between the legs as I walk wears the fabric down.
Ah. One of them buff dudes. :ohdang: Rock on. I miss my 25 year old body . Gave up on that shit.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm So... what'd everyone do this weekend? Slow as shit in here today.
Not too much. Went grocery shopping and out to dinner on Saturday because a local restaurant we like was celebrating their 20th anniversary with 20% off their whole menu. Had pot roast Stroganoff which is 5/7 :drool: and a Long Island ice tea, which was the Saturday drink special at $5 plus the 20% off. Bar tender did a "fuckyeah: job too as you could definitely taste the booze.
Sunday did few chores. Shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, fixed the upstairs bathroom exhaust fan, assembled a little shelf unit thing for wifey.
Not too interesting I suppose but there you go.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:

:dat:

Had to abandon slim fit after a point cause I’d rip the elbows when I would do the hands behind the head desk lounge move.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm So... what'd everyone do this weekend? Slow as shit in here today.
Not too much. Went grocery shopping and out to dinner on Saturday because a local restaurant we like was celebrating their 20th anniversary with 20% off their whole menu. Had pot roast Stroganoff which is 5/7 :drool: and a Long Island ice tea, which was the Saturday drink special at $5 plus the 20% off. Bar tender did a "fuckyeah: job too as you could definitely taste the booze.
Sunday did few chores. Shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, fixed the upstairs bathroom exhaust fan, assembled a little shelf unit thing for wifey.
Damn. $4 Long Islands would be a quick :drunk:

That stroganoff sounds good. I should have asked my mom to make hers while I was home for Christmas.
SAWCE

NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Ah. One of them buff dudes. :ohdang: Rock on. I miss my 25 year old body . Gave up on that shit.
Get back into it! You aren't too old to get it back quick.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Get back into it! You aren't too old to get it back quick.
:dat: Never too old for :massles:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:02 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Damn. $4 Long Islands would be a quick :drunk:

That stroganoff sounds good. I should have asked my mom to make hers while I was home for Christmas.
True, though there was a blizzard happening and I didn't want to risk driving in it with more than one drink in me.

And yea, it's pretty :tits: . Having the leftovers tomorrow. :megusta:
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:27 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:20 am

Because 95% of the required credits apply. Why not get two degrees when it cost me absolutely nothing except an extra 2 hours of my time?
Makes sense, was asking only because it took you longer so I assumed they were two different programs.
I finished them concurrently. It took me longer because im lazy, deployed for 14 months and work a full time job instead of going to college like I should have.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm
Jaxper wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm I know I've asked this before, but want to again, in case there are more on the radar or if others want to chime in. I mentioned yesterday that I only recently discovered that my employer offers auto discounts so it got my brain going like :plac:

I started looking around, all hypothetical at this point, for an AWD turbo car - hatch, sedan, mini-SUV - that could replace my MK7. The main factor is to get AWD for our ski trips and generic winter season driving.

I know basically any Audi hits the requirements, so I've checked those out. I've looked at the BMW 3 series, Benz C class, among others. Should anything else be on my radar (used, ideally CPO, market, preferably under $20k)? I'd work to getting ~$12.5k on trade-in, if possible, to minimize monthly payments as much as possible.
:manuel: necessary or no?
Not a requirement anymore, but it still is preferred. Though, based on my limited searching, it essentially just leaves the WRX if I want anything made within the last 5 years. If I were to pursue anything, I'm currently learning toward the A3 - similar to the GTI, but AWD. Nothing is set in stone yet, including if I'm actually going to go through with this.
The panda hath arrived.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Jaxper wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Not a requirement anymore, but it still is preferred. Though, based on my limited searching, it essentially just leaves the WRX if I want anything made within the last 5 years. If I were to pursue anything, I'm currently learning toward the A3 - similar to the GTI, but AWD. Nothing is set in stone yet, including if I'm actually going to go through with this.
MQB A3 2.0T quattro is a :notbad: value used right now.
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I went ultimate nerd and played DND yesterday. Not a terrible game. But im still not sure about it.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm

MQB A3 2.0T quattro is a :notbad: value used right now.
I think I posted it last week, but I was eyeing this one: https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-s ... 6-audi-a3/
I would have them swap the wheels from my GTI at trade-in though. I'm not a fan of the ones that it currently has.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:14 pm
I went ultimate nerd and played DND yesterday. Not a terrible game. But im still not sure about it.
Tabletop? :neat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Wow.

I haven't played D&D since 1985/86. Used to play a lot before then with my core group of friends. Then we all got cars and girls and kinda lost interest after that.

Seemed like we had nothing but time to kill up until then and as you get older you don't have time for shit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Kid was at his grandparents so saturady the wife and i did much day drinking.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Wow.

I haven't played D&D since 1985/86. Used to play a lot before then with my core group of friends. Then we all got cars and girls and kinda lost interest after that.

Seemed like we had nothing but time to kill up until then and as you get older you don't have time for shit.
I’ve never played. I have a buddy in Denver who plays like one or two saturdays a month with some friends instead of going out to bars that night. :notbad: way to save money and still get the bois together for a night.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Wow.

About 1980-1982 for me since we last played D&D, but so true about the bolded. :(
Now I just play DFD :hue:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

$20k CPO AWD thingy. Hm. Just about any of the mid size non premium CUVs should fit that bill. CX5, Rav4, Cherokee, Outback, Crosstrek, etc. None of them are exactly fun to drive, but they don't suck either. I think they make nice daily drivers.

For fun stuff I think you're on the right track with what you had mentioned before. The A3 is a nice car. Maybe a G37x would be worth a look, or a Q50 AWD. They might be creeping in that range now. Volvo S60.

Golf Alltrack is another decent pick.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:52 pm

$20k CPO AWD thingy. Hm. Just about any of the mid size non premium CUVs should fit that bill. CX5, Rav4, Cherokee, Outback, Crosstrek, etc. None of them are exactly fun to drive, but they don't suck either. I think they make nice daily drivers.

For fun stuff I think you're on the right track with what you had mentioned before. The A3 is a nice car. Maybe a G37x would be worth a look, or a Q50 AWD. They might be creeping in that range now. Volvo S60.

Golf Alltrack is another decent pick.
You need something to play in the Pines with us too.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:34 pm
Took several DFD members on a trip through the woods.
:jelly:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm Wow.

About 1980-1982 for me since we last played D&D, but so true about the bolded. :(
NERDS

Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:34 pm
Took several DFD members on a trip through the woods.
:sissyfight:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Watching the new deathwish right now
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 pm
wap wrote:
NERDS

Girlfriend is an attorney. Hates star Trek. I’m afraid to send her this, but I really want to. Whatdo