OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:14 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 am Dude that invited himself camping with me is getting a new expensive dog.

He's naming it Toby. That's my name. He says his wife named it after some Christian singer. And a LOT of people have animals named Toby.

But still. It's weird.
It's been nice knowing you.
:hue: :bravo:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 am Dude that invited himself camping with me is getting a new expensive dog.

He's naming it Toby. That's my name. He says his wife named it after some Christian singer. And a LOT of people have animals named Toby.

But still. It's weird.
Yeah.... that is odd.

Probably more odd than my odd name story:

My best friend married his wife and she had her cat forever from like Jr. High. The cat was like 16 years old and died. Within 2-3 years they had a daughter and named the girl the same as the cat... Chloe.

I always though that was weird because if I had a kid I wouldn't name it "Smokey", "Butch", "Shitface", "Little Bitch", "Dumbass", or any other name I've had for a cat or dog.
Yeah. It's like Thanks mom. Glad you thought so highly of me to name me after a fucking cat.

Not really something you can bring up with your friend(?) either but seems like he would've (should've) said something
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 am "Shithead",
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Right as I walked outside with Ava a car flew through my alley. It barley hit a cat enough to fuck it up, but now the cat is just laying there flopping around like a fish out of water and it was the saddest thing I’ve seen.

I took it to an emergency VCA vet. They’re contacting Humane Society to get authorization to treat it as a stray and then check if it’s chipped. If it isn’t and they can save it they’re gonna call me and I’m gonna adopt it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:29 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 am "Shithead",
Love that movie. So many great lines.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am Right as I walked outside with Ava a car flew through my alley. It barley hit a cat enough to fuck it up, but now the cat is just laying there flopping around like a fish out of water and it was the saddest thing I’ve seen.

I took it to an emergency VCA vet. They’re contacting Humane Society to get authorization to treat it as a stray and then check if it’s chipped. If it isn’t and they can save it they’re gonna call me and I’m gonna adopt it.
That's horrible. When I was younger, me and some friends (friend driving) were drinking and driving around and intentional swerved to hit an opposum. It flopped around like that and we all kinda freaked out. Friend drove back over it to kill it. Rounded out evening.

Felt like a bunch of assholes. We just weren't thinking about our actions, like kids do.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

But still. It's weird.
this is somewhat accurate

but it is weird
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 am Right as I walked outside with Ava a car flew through my alley. It barley hit a cat enough to fuck it up, but now the cat is just laying there flopping around like a fish out of water and it was the saddest thing I’ve seen.

That's horrible. When I was younger, me and some friends (friend driving) were drinking and driving around and intentional swerved to hit an opposum. It flopped around like that and we all kinda freaked out. Friend drove back over it to kill it. Rounded out evening.

Felt like a bunch of assholes. We just weren't thinking about our actions, like kids do.
Yeah this person just wasn’t looking, and going way too fast down the alley. It’s barely wide enough for two cars to drive down, and he was probably doing 35-40mph. Doubt he even saw the cat, was probably on their phone too.
SAWCE

Looked like they ran over one of it’s front paws/legs, and then just barely clipped it’s face. Bleeding from its mouth, but it’s skull seemed intact and it was able to hold its head up when I put it in a box to take to the vet. Tongue was hanging out if it’s mouth though.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 am Looked like they ran over one of it’s front paws/legs, and then just barely clipped it’s face. Bleeding from its mouth, but it’s skull seemed intact and it was able to hold its head up when I put it in a box to take to the vet. Tongue was hanging out if it’s mouth though.
You're a good man.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 am Looked like they ran over one of it’s front paws/legs, and then just barely clipped it’s face. Bleeding from its mouth, but it’s skull seemed intact and it was able to hold its head up when I put it in a box to take to the vet. Tongue was hanging out if it’s mouth though.
You're a good man.
:wub: I just try to do decent things occasionally to make up for the shitty things I do. Life is about balance, right?
SAWCE

Ugh I’m gonna be anxious all day waiting to hear what happens to the little dude. Looked mostly clean, and like some sort of Siamese mix with the light tan and brown fur and blue eyes, so I imagine he’s a pet. Hopefully they can notify the family if it’s chipped so they aren’t wondering what happened.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

please day, go well. please.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 am Ugh I’m gonna be anxious all day waiting to hear what happens to the little dude. Looked mostly clean, and like some sort of Siamese mix with the light tan and brown fur and blue eyes, so I imagine he’s a pet. Hopefully they can notify the family if it’s chipped so they aren’t wondering what happened.
Nightmare scenario for a pet owner right here. Good on you for doing the right thing...I'd like to think I'd do the same.

Our cat is indoor/outdoor. I've been trying to prepare the wife for the inevitable time when the cat doesn't return. It's going to be a pretty horrible day when that happens.

Our :doge: has no interest in going outside, so there's not much to worry about with her.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

But still. It's weird.
:wtf:

yeah. thats really fucking weird man.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:57 am please day, go well. please.
:wrong:

:thisisfine:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:51 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 am

You're a good man.
:wub: I just try to do decent things occasionally to make up for the shitty things I do. Life is about balance, right?
tongue out is from shock. if you got it to vet quickly, it should recover fine. hopefully the owners will be cool with paying the bill. always a roll of dice.
SAWCE

dubshow wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:13 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:51 am

tongue out is from shock. if you got it to vet quickly, it should recover fine. hopefully the owners will be cool with paying the bill. always a roll of dice.
Yeah.. I asked them to contact me both if there is no chip/no owner, or if the owner doesn’t want to pay the bill but the cat can be saved and that I’d pay it and take the cat myself in that instance
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah.. I asked them to contact me both if there is no chip/no owner, or if the owner doesn’t want to pay the bill but the cat can be saved and that I’d pay it and take the cat myself in that instance
you are a solid human. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I love you.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Very humane of you sir.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I saw a stray cat get hit by a car, flip around, and get sliced in half by a trolley. That wasn’t a good day.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:wub: in 4 Ava and kitty snuggle pics
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:05 pm

I saw a stray cat get hit by a car, flip around, and get sliced in half by a trolley. That wasn’t a good day.
:yikes:
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:06 pm

:wub: in 4 Ava and kitty snuggle pics
Ava loves cats, having been taken home to my cat Quattro at the time, and then we lived with that gal Hannah and her cat Bane. I just hope that the cat is cool with dogs, or will at least adapt to being cool with Ava. It's probably 3-5 years old based on looking at it, so probably set in its ways, just gotta hope it hasn't had bad doggo experiences.