OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wow. Really enjoying this single malt after today.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm Wow. Really enjoying this single malted milk after today.
:notbad:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm Wow. Really enjoying this single malt after today.
I might go to a bar and beer.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:23 pm Guise

My neighborhood is UTTER CHAOS right now. I don't know what twatwaffle at city hall OK'd all these permits at once, but my hood is a fucking GRIDLOCK because of all the road / sewer / gas line repairs right now that are closing roads all over the place. Legit can't maneuver in it.
Savesies but in traffic :lolgasm:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:23 pm Guise

My neighborhood is UTTER CHAOS right now. I don't know what twatwaffle at city hall OK'd all these permits at once, but my hood is a fucking GRIDLOCK because of all the road / sewer / gas line repairs right now that are closing roads all over the place. Legit can't maneuver in it.
Savesies but in traffic :lolgasm:
:mindblown:
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm
Thedude wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Would it be reported if someone totally emptied their savings?
Would depend. Did they get a cashiers check payable to themselves? Nah, they're probably just taking their money to a new bank. Did they get cash? Did they seem like they were in some sort of duress? Then yeah.
What if it’s cash and they did not seem under duress?
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 pm

This is why I want a RAV4 and to give up on cars.
Why not get a manuel mazduh 6 or mazda 3 with the sweet friendly discount from [user not found]. Roll with 16 inches and still have some decent driving experience. I may consider that at next port since im looking for a slight downgrade in car payments. Especially when I will move closer to dc by the time, and therefore drive less on weekends.
No MT next time. And I don’t want a car that will tempt me to have fun. I drive over the moon I want a comfy ride and ability to bomb over craters.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm Wow. Really enjoying this single malt after today.

:doit: :jelly:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:howdy:
Survived the dentist. Drilled and filled 2 cavities in about 25 minutes, and virtually painless. :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Thedude wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Would depend. Did they get a cashiers check payable to themselves? Nah, they're probably just taking their money to a new bank. Did they get cash? Did they seem like they were in some sort of duress? Then yeah.
What if it’s cash and they did not seem under duress?
Over 10k and it’s mandated to report. Under 10k would be the teller’s discretion.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Why not get a manuel mazduh 6 or mazda 3 with the sweet friendly discount from [user not found]. Roll with 16 inches and still have some decent driving experience. I may consider that at next port since im looking for a slight downgrade in car payments. Especially when I will move closer to dc by the time, and therefore drive less on weekends.
No MT next time. And I don’t want a car that will tempt me to have fun. I drive over the moon I want a comfy ride and ability to bomb over craters.
I’d go for a hybrid rav4 if i were you, wouldn’t be crap to drive, but not eager enough to make driving fun. I could see myself in a hybrid camry or rav4 too if my driving is only limited to point a to b.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote:

:doit: :jelly:
Did it.

Had a Sly Fox IPA that was brewed in Jameson barrels which was :drool:
And an imperial porter of some sort.
Falafel wrap with fries.
Lisa came to bar when she was done her thing downtown.
Went home, fell asleep on the :doge:

:fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

Shipping stuff that requires a signature is such an exercise in full retardation.

Driver shows up to your home at 1:30 PM.
Nobody is home because no shit.
You get the sticky thing on your door saying they'll try again tomorrow at 1:30 PM when nobody is home.
3 strikes and it goes back to where you bought it from because sure why not.
Or you can conveniently opt to pick it up at a FedEx store. Which are not conveniently located.

Why even f'ing bother.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm

I’d go for a hybrid rav4 if i were you, wouldn’t be crap to drive, but not eager enough to make driving fun. I could see myself in a hybrid camry or rav4 too if my driving is only limited to point a to b.
We'll see. Automatic and some sort of adventure type vehicle would be ideal.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 am Shipping stuff that requires a signature is such an exercise in full retardation.

You get the sticky thing on your door saying they'll try again tomorrow at 1:30 PM when nobody is home.
Or you can conveniently opt to pick it up at a FedEx store. Which are not conveniently located.

Why even f'ing bother.
Yea, it makes absolutely zero sense. When a signature is required, it usually results in serious :rolleyes: to me. Need to have it delivered to the distribution center or whatever and then find a few hours out of the day to go pick it up. :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:22 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 am Shipping stuff that requires a signature is such an exercise in full retardation.

Why even f'ing bother.
Yea, it makes absolutely zero sense. When a signature is required, it usually results in serious :rolleyes: to me. Need to have it delivered to the distribution center or whatever and then find a few hours out of the day to go pick it up. :nope:
Like, just ship it to the damn store. I'll go grab it. Don't make me do the run around and don't waste your driver's time and gas. Nobody stays home during the day anymore except for retirees.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:24 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:22 am
Like, just ship it to the damn store. I'll go grab it. Don't make me do the run around and don't waste your driver's time and gas. Nobody stays home during the day anymore except for retirees.
Around me, FedEx will only ship to certain locations, none of which are convenient to me. I have to drive 15 miles to the nearest distribution center, which is akin to walking onto the loading dock and finding my package. Hours are 8-5, it's nearly impossible. I've actually cancelled orders shipped via FedEx with signature required because it was so hard to get the package.

Even if I took a half day or something to sit at home, sometimes the FedEx truck comes at 8am, other times it's 8pm. There's zero logic in the route around me.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Why even f'ing bother.
Occasionally there's a spot on the slip to sign and indicate to them to drop it at the porch on their next attempt.

I also suggest signing up for FedEx and UPS notifications - they'll send you an email when something ships to you that requires a signature so you can plan accordingly to either be home or reroute to a distribution center.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:39 am

Why even f'ing bother.
Occasionally there's a spot on the slip to sign and indicate to them to drop it at the porch on their next attempt.

I also suggest signing up for FedEx and UPS notifications - they'll send you an email when something ships to you that requires a signature so you can plan accordingly to either be home or reroute to a distribution center.
You can also have Fedex put a "signature release" on your address and they will leave anything that is signature required. However, they are then not responsible if someone steals your stuff.

I have a release on mine because too many sellers end up checking that box. The only thing I need to sign for anymore is booze.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Dude that invited himself camping with me is getting a new expensive dog.

He's naming it Toby. That's my name. He says his wife named it after some Christian singer. And a LOT of people have animals named Toby.

But still. It's weird.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

My winter tires and rims will be delivered today. 900 bucks(steelies bitches) just sitting in the porch. No signature required.

I don't get the whole signature or no signature thing either
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 am Dude that invited himself camping with me is getting a new expensive dog.

He's naming it Toby. That's my name. He says his wife named it after some Christian singer. And a LOT of people have animals named Toby.

But still. It's weird.
It's been nice knowing you.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 am Dude that invited himself camping with me is getting a new expensive dog.

But still. It's weird.
Yeah.... that is odd.

Probably more odd than my odd name story:

My best friend married his wife and she had her cat forever from like Jr. High. The cat was like 16 years old and died. Within 2-3 years they had a daughter and named the girl the same as the cat... Chloe.

I always though that was weird because if I had a kid I wouldn't name it "Smokey", "Butch", "Shitface", "Little Bitch", "Dumbass", or any other name I've had for a cat or dog.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:14 am

But still. It's weird.
It's been nice knowing you.
:(
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:01 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:39 am

You can also have Fedex put a "signature release" on your address and they will leave anything that is signature required. However, they are then not responsible if someone steals your stuff.

I have a release on mine because too many sellers end up checking that box. The only thing I need to sign for anymore is booze.
Oh, I need to look into this. We have a giant front porch that the FedEx guy can hide deliveries behind. He does frequently, which is why the signature requirement is all the more :rage: