Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:32 pm

You're not.
Direct deposit so you don't need to be present at the bank to give them your money. You just can't take large sums of money out easily. Which is the idea.

:scrooge:
:dat:

Large cash transactions are also suspicious to a bank. Do that stuff electronically.
its why i only deposit $9,994.99 at a time.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:29 pm Our bank in Trumpistan is hardly ever open. They've cut back the hours twice since we moved here. Last I checked it was down to 9-3 or 9-4 M-F, no more Saturdays.
Why do you need to go to a physical bank location?
Safe deposit box access for depositing/retrieving titles during the :plac: process.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:35 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:34 pm

:dat:

Large cash transactions are also suspicious to a bank. Do that stuff electronically.
Dat's still getting reported. Anything near or above the $10k mark is getting looked at in the back office.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:35 pm
Apex wrote:
Why do you need to go to a physical bank location?
Safe deposit box access for depositing/retrieving titles during the :plac: process.
Fire safe in the :haus:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Dat's still getting reported. Anything near or above the $10k mark is getting looked at in the back office.
IAMTHEBACKOFFICE

:megusta:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:38 pm

IAMTHEBACKOFFICE

:megusta:
:datass:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:35 pm Safe deposit box access for depositing/retrieving titles during the :plac: process.
:tits: :doe:

Ever since her sister had some stuff stolen at their :haus: the family is :triggered: about security. I'd leave the shit in my filing cabinet at home NFG.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Yeah, and according to my branch manager, any "odd" transactions over a couple months that meet the $10k criteria can flag the form 8300.

F it.

When I got back from Vegas in October I had $34k in cash on me and took out another $16k from BofA. Drove over to Citi and opened an account with $50k in cash. The look on the dude's face was pretty funny. When he asked the source of the money I told him "gambling" and he once again looked kinda shocked.

I would think more people go into banks with large sums of cash, but I guess not.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm
Apex wrote:
:tits: :doe:

Ever since her sister had some stuff stolen at their :haus: the family is :triggered: about security. I'd leave the shit in my filing cabinet at home NFG.
Put a safe behind a painting/picture on the wall like they do in the movies. :lol:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Yeah, and according to my branch manager, any "odd" transactions over a couple months that meet the $10k criteria can flag the form 8300.

F it.

When I got back from Vegas in October I had $34k in cash on me and took out another $16k from BofA. Drove over to Citi and opened an account with $50k in cash. The look on the dude's face was pretty funny. When he asked the source of the money I told him "gambling" and he once again looked kinda shocked.

I would think more people go into banks with large sums of cash, but I guess not.
:lol: I would love to have seen the branch dude's face when you threw down $50k to open an account.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:46 pm

F it.

dude. $10k get a strange look.

I dropped a $20k check in after selling haus... they held it for 7 biz days.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

When I worked at a credit union as a teller, we had a dude coming in and deposit $9500 three or four days in a row.. He came in full :rage: mode when he found out it was reported and threatening to sue us because we broke the law since we only "have" to report over $10k in one day. :bruh: we report anything we feel is suspicious. You're a fucking idiot if you thought that wasn't going to trigger something.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:05 pm When I worked at a credit union as a teller, we had a dude coming in and deposit $9500 three or four days in a row.. He came in full :rage: mode when he found out it was reported and threatening to sue us because we broke the law since we only "have" to report over $10k in one day. :bruh: we report anything we feel is suspicious. You're a fucking idiot if you thought that wasn't going to trigger something.
:dat: It's only required to be reported if it's over $10k. Anything suspicious can be reported at anytime.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:05 pm When I worked at a credit union as a teller, we had a dude coming in and deposit $9500 three or four days in a row.. He came in full :rage: mode when he found out it was reported and threatening to sue us because we broke the law since we only "have" to report over $10k in one day. :bruh: we report anything we feel is suspicious. You're a fucking idiot if you thought that wasn't going to trigger something.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck suing a bank for helping the .gov.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Solution to all this is to just be poor.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:19 pm
Thedude wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:00 pm You guys and gals have a good Turkey Day? Mine was pretty epic out in CO. Got dumped on and skied powder in November. Had a “top 5” day of the season already and can’t be more thankful!
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 801101.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DOOOOOOOOPE

Man I want to go skiing now.
Blue is open this weekend. It won't look like that but if you want to slide down a hill then it's only a matter of determination at this point :D
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm Solution to all this is to just be poor.
Challenge accepted. I'm liquidating all my cash for Poptarts.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Dude, it was on EAFB and Airmen(women) and the civilian engineers out there were some of the most entitled people that I've ever met in my life. Some Captain came in one day and threw a fucking fit because I didn't salute him when he walked up to my counter... "do you know who the fuck I am!?" "nope, how can I help you" Bro, you're in plain clothes, you expect me to know your rank? Also, you're only a Captain. Get over yourself O-3.
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm Solution to all this is to just be poor.
I'll be right over. I love pop tarts :megusta:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pm
YOU ARE IN LUCK MY FRIEND.

I sell poptarts.
Johnny_P

Thedude wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:13 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:19 pm

DOOOOOOOOPE

Man I want to go skiing now.
Blue is open this weekend. It won't look like that but if you want to slide down a hill then it's only a matter of determination at this point :D
I only get one day off a week right now, so I'll probably go play bikes. But 1st week of Jan I might head out there!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Dude, it was on EAFB and Airmen(women) and the civilian engineers out there were some of the most entitled people that I've ever met in my life. Some Captain came in one day and threw a fucking fit because I didn't salute him when he walked up to my counter... "do you know who the fuck I am!?" "nope, how can I help you" Bro, you're in plain clothes, you expect me to know your rank? Also, you're only a Captain. Get over yourself O-3.
:wtf: !!

How would a fucking bank employee know or bother to salute someone, even in uniform.
Johnny_P

I got a gigantor chocolate bar from a vendor today. It's the size of a textbook.

:notbad:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:19 pm I got a gigantor chocolate bar from a vendor today. It's the size of a textbook.

:notbad:
pix next to text book