OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:08 am Holy fuck, this is real life.

ImageImage
Did you see the video? It kinda makes me love the dope.
So far the only people bitching about it are the ones that weren’t even in attendance. He did it out of his own pocket and it’s pretty cool even though elementary at best
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am

Did you see the video? It kinda makes me love the dope.
So far the only people bitching about it are the ones that weren’t even in attendance. He did it out of his own pocket and it’s pretty cool even though elementary at best
I still don't understand.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm
The white house often hosts dinners for stuff like this. There is no staff to cook the meals, so he improvised and paid out of pocket to bring in food.

Apparently the players did not mind at all and they were all up on this magical meal from the top 3 burger chains.

I'm sure the Obamas and their followers hate that in one move he wiped away MIchelle's legacy of promoting better meals and renouncing fast food in the white house.
razr390

He bought a bunch of fast food for the Clemson football team because the White House kitchen staff is furloughed. Paid for it out of his pocket too.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Donald McPresident.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:00 pm

The white house often hosts dinners for stuff like this. There is no staff to cook the meals, so he improvised and paid out of pocket to bring in food.

Apparently the players did not mind at all and they were all up on this magical meal from the top 3 burger chains.

I'm sure the Obamas and their followers hate that in one move he wiped away MIchelle's legacy of promoting better meals and renouncing fast food in the white house.
Ahhhh, this makes sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am Did you see the video? It kinda makes me love the dope.
I thought it was brilliant. Maybe the smartest thing he's done in 2 years.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, but he could have called a local restaurant and tried to do something nicer, to make a lasting impressions for the occasion. It's the white house, not a frat house.
I'm not :triggered: by it, just seems really silly to me.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I love their QB's response to all the critics: "We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Can't argue with that.
razr390

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Yeah, but he could have called a local restaurant and tried to do something nicer, to make a lasting impressions for the occasion. It's the white house, not a frat house.
Again it seems the people most put off by this are the people that weren’t even there
SAWCE

Fastfood reminds me. I'm doing a cheat meal tonight. I did pizza on Saturday. Thinking burgers tonight. Five Guys sounds good, but is much more greasy/fatty than in n out, and a little more expensive. Two double-doubles with grilled onions and no spread, then two things of fries. Have some other snacks at home to hit more carbs.

If I go Five Guys, I'll do two Cheeseburgers (they come with two patties) and a large bag of fries. Jalapenos and grilled onions on the burgers there, maybe hot sauce too.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:21 pm I love their QB's response to all the critics: "We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."
Truthfully the more memorable for it. How many folks can say they choked down a Big Mac with POTUS in the White House? Usually it’s all posh formal black tie dinners. This was actually epic.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Again it seems the people most put off by this are the people that weren’t even there
Ok, you're no longer allowed to have an opinion about an event you weren't yourself at.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:21 pm I love their QB's response to all the critics: "We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."
It's the perception that because Trump eats like a child he expects others to as well. I think it is a clever move to distract away from the growing traitor headlines.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:
Truthfully the more memorable for it. How many folks can say they choked down a Big Mac with POTUS in the White House? Usually it’s all posh formal black tie dinners. This was actually epic.
That. This is similar to the Obama drinking beer thing... which the right fucking RAILED him for doing.

Every politician also does the whole state fair food photo op and local greasy diner visits. This is a non-issue at worst.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:27 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Ok, you're no longer allowed to have an opinion about an event you weren't yourself at.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Would have been better if it was just 100 Hot N readys. Could have even sprung for the extra most bestest.

Cheaper even.
SAWCE

In 'n Out wins. Double cheese burger there is 37g protein to 32g fat.

Five Guys has more protein @ 51g in a double cheese burger, but that comes with 55-59g of fat.

That explains why I feel so much shittier after eating there compared to InO. Their fries are fattier than InO fries are too.

So we're looking at 2 double doubles, 2 fries, then at home I'll have a ham sandwich or something and maybe a rice crispy treat or 2 for extra carbs. Maybe a soda with my burgers instead of the rice crispy.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Hey, they got "many, many fries". :)

Also, he had Dominos pizza too..

Seriously, I agree with you... but the fact is the POTUS likes this kind of food and I'm sure he thought of it as a treat for himself as well. :iono:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:36 pm Would have been better if it was just 100 Hot N readys. Could have even sprung for the extra most bestest.

Cheaper even.
Extra most bestest!

:truckyeah:
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:36 pm Would have been better if it was just 100 Hot N readys. Could have even sprung for the extra most bestest.

Cheaper even.
Even the Dems can’t argue the calories per doll hair on that
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Cheaper even.
Should have served tacos, just to really rouse up his base.

I feel like this is a question I'd get from a European child.
"Does the U.S. President live in the White House surrounded by hamburgers all the time?"
"Aw, no that's just a stereo...

..type."
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:37 pm In 'n Out wins. Double cheese burger there is 37g protein to 32g fat.

Five Guys has more protein @ 51g in a double cheese burger, but that comes with 55-59g of fat.

That explains why I feel so much shittier after eating there compared to InO. Their fries are fattier than InO fries are too.

So we're looking at 2 double doubles, 2 fries, then at home I'll have a ham sandwich or something and maybe a rice crispy treat or 2 for extra carbs. Maybe a soda with my burgers instead of the rice crispy.
I miss In N Out so much.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Cheaper even.
Extra most bestest!

:truckyeah:
I no, rite?