OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

"Americans more likely to die of opioid overdose than car crash, says council report"

:thisisfine:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:12 am "Americans more likely to die of opioid overdose than car crash, says council report"

:fakenews:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:12 am "Americans more likely to die of opioid overdose than car crash, says council report"

:fakenews:
how so?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:00 pm Guise Troll this :derp:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48979
:nope:
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:03 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:52 pm Current income 50k. Guess im not doing terribly for someone with a highschool education.
yes, and you have baller fucking benefits.
You mean a 40% retirement plan for my 50k at 20years because they break us before we can do 30? Or the subpar health care that we recieve that has extra hoops to jump through compared to the civilian world?
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

SaxyJeep wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:18 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Correct. Honestly im thinking when my time is up to just pull away from the DoD altogether and just go into the civilian world. Finance still interests me and thats what my bachelors will likely be in.
You could always go into the contracting business, especially the government contractor behemoths, some of them have commercial branches if you want to avoid completely avoid the government as well, and they love vets and pay quite well, while offering a lot of training opportunities on top of your regular GI. Especially if you have secret (or any) clearance when you get out.
That is an option but at the moment im looking to finish my 20 in order to recieve those retirement benefits. Being 38 with a guaranteed retirement sounds pretty good to me.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:03 pm

yes, and you have baller fucking benefits.
You mean a 40% retirement plan for my 50k at 20years because they break us before we can do 30? Or the subpar health care that we recieve that has extra hoops to jump through compared to the civilian world?
:bruh: thats baller as fuck. Be thankful for what you have. you also get GI bill education if you want it when you get out.

My insurance..is shit and i have to pay for half of it. 420 per check...bye. More when you add in co-pays, prescriptions, etc you get for frefiddy.
My retirement....is shit and i have to pay for 2/3rds of it. 222+204 FICA per check...bye. Oh and I have to work my whole life and hope it's there for me and not just put in roughly half my working life to get a guaranteed check for the the rest of it.

Start with my gross pay and after they take out all the deductions, i get about 60% of my gross. I bet your number is WAY higher.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:08 am Holy fuck, this is real life.

ImageImage
I don't understand why this happened?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Barnes93cb wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 am You mean a 40% retirement plan for my 50k at 20years because they break us before we can do 30? Or the subpar health care that we recieve that has extra hoops to jump through compared to the civilian world?
:bruh: thats baller as fuck. Be thankful for what you have. you also get GI bill education if you want it when you get out.

My insurance..is shit and i have to pay for half of it. 420 per check...bye. More when you add in co-pays, prescriptions, etc you get for frefiddy.
My retirement....is shit and i have to pay for 2/3rds of it. 222+204 FICA per check...bye. Oh and I have to work my whole life and hope it's there for me and not just put in roughly half my working life to get a guaranteed check for the the rest of it.

Start with my gross pay and after they take out all the deductions, i get about 60% of my gross. I bet your number is WAY higher.
We spend $700/mo on the cheapest healthcare option for a pretty healthy early 30s couple.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 am

ImageImage
I don't understand why this happened?
:dat: :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

We spend $700/mo on the cheapest healthcare option for a pretty healthy early 30s couple.
Healthcare is so screwed. I'm very fortunate to not have to pay that much, but at the expense of working for a giant evil corp that self-insures.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 am TSA wait times up to 90 minutes in Atlanta... The shit storm is coming.
:pussy:

TSA is useless security theatre, and the government is too big for its britches.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am

ImageImage
Did you see the video? It kinda makes me love the dope.
Not yet but I'll look for it tonight. :excited:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:24 am

Not yet but I'll look for it tonight. :excited:
"We have many, many fries."

"Hi, welcome to McDoe, what can i get for you?" -- "I'd like an order of fries." -- "What size?" -- "Many, Many fries, please."
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Sleepy today. Still raining. Had a long enough break this morning that I was able to walk both :doge: :doe:
SAWCE

Any :doge: people on here use those outdoor fake grass potty things for your dogs? The new place has a private back patio off one of the bedrooms with a sliding door, so we're thinking about putting a doggie door in that and having one of the grass patches for them to pee on back there. I'll only do it if there is a hose hookup back there to wash it off with, but wanted to get some feedback/tips if any of you use one?
SAWCE

Looking at this right now because Kai had diarrhea last night and Michelle had to keep getting out of bed to take him outside.
SAWCE

Tre.
Punchagoat
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Vape

I'm better than all of you.
PAPA BLESS
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm Looking at this right now because Kai had diarrhea last night and Michelle had to keep getting out of bed to take him outside.
:iswydt:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Barnes93cb wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm I'm fairly confident that when you leave the military and apply what you know in the private sector you can make quite a bit more.

Smart guys that have military experience beyond holding a rifle actually command a good salary. I believe that part of it is that they are used to the chain of command and know how to give and take orders to get a job done.
I wouldn't disagree with you if I wasn't so specialized. For the few positions that are out there I could make well over 100k. But those are almost impossible to get at the moment. We shall see what the world looks like when its my time to move on. But yes the ability to follow a chain of command, lead subordinates, and finish tasks are all integral to military life. I've trained well over 75 people in the last few years and will teach hundreds more in these next 4 years.

Within the next two months ill have two associates degrees, one in Intelligence Studies and another in Instructor Technology of Military Science. Ill be teaching an accredited college course for four years. And hopefully within the next four years ill have completed my bachelors to round it out.

To say my resume wont be much stronger than it is now is an understatement. But there is much I still need to gain in technical experience.
Lots of transferable skills if you can’t get that super specific technical jerb.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:59 am Any :doge: people on here use those outdoor fake grass potty things for your dogs? The new place has a private back patio off one of the bedrooms with a sliding door, so we're thinking about putting a doggie door in that and having one of the grass patches for them to pee on back there. I'll only do it if there is a hose hookup back there to wash it off with, but wanted to get some feedback/tips if any of you use one?
I have a friend that converted his whole backyard into pavers and garden space some years back. He has 2 dogs and left about 10 square feet or so of area for fake grass for them to do their business. He claims it works well, but you do need to make sure you have a hose as you mentioned and proper drainage.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Punchagoat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 pm I'm better than all of you.
you are but a footnote in our proud history.
Punchagoat
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Vape

dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:20 pm
Punchagoat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:08 pm I'm better than all of you.
you are but a footnote in our proud history.
Proud of that.
PAPA BLESS
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:59 am Any :doge: people on here use those outdoor fake grass potty things for your dogs? The new place has a private back patio off one of the bedrooms with a sliding door, so we're thinking about putting a doggie door in that and having one of the grass patches for them to pee on back there. I'll only do it if there is a hose hookup back there to wash it off with, but wanted to get some feedback/tips if any of you use one?
I have a friend that converted his whole backyard into pavers and garden space some years back. He has 2 dogs and left about 10 square feet or so of area for fake grass for them to do their business. He claims it works well, but you do need to make sure you have a hose as you mentioned and proper drainage.
Looking at just grabbing this, so that I don't have to deal with building something and figuring out the drainage.

http://www.porchpotty.com/Porch_Potty_S ... 4-stan.htm

Christ I'm bad at including links lately.