OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm Two interviews scheduled for Monday with General Dynamics out here. Recruiter thinks I'm a good fit for both and if they both like me it'll turn into a bidding war which could have me starting at a nice salary :excite: Both leads/interviewers are females, and I tend to interview really well with them and lay on just the right amount of charm.
That's great! Good luck Brandon!
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Serves me right for coming to the vendor presentation late and eating cold chimken nuggers.

I feel horrible right now.
People who annoy you:

N_GGERS

:excited:
Dizzy. Confused. Completely exhausted. Nauseous. Fucking fast food.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:17 pm dang. no bonuses at work this year

:thisisfine:
Coffee is for closers.

:pouroneout: Corporate America claiming what's theirs.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Thanks guys. I'm excited about the possibility. It's with their ship building division, and the location is 4 miles from my place, and would cut my commute to work to about 10 minutes each day, 30 minutes combined tops if traffic is bad leaving at the end of the day, instead of my 30 minutes there with 45+ coming home now.

I'd probably be back on a 9/80 schedule as well, and have real benefits instead of the jokes they offer us here.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:39 pm Thanks guys. I'm excited about the possibility. It's with their ship building division, and the location is 4 miles from my place, and would cut my commute to work to about 10 minutes each day, 30 minutes combined tops if traffic is bad leaving at the end of the day, instead of my 30 minutes there with 45+ coming home now.

I'd probably be back on a 9/80 schedule as well, and have real benefits instead of the jokes they offer us here.
Trade in Jeep for a bicycle
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
razr390 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm People who annoy you:

N_GGERS

:excited:
Dizzy. Confused. Completely exhausted. Nauseous. Fucking fast food.
Meanwhile I eat fast food every week NFG. I've only had food poisoning from home made meals. Waaay less quality control at a :haus: than a WacArnolds.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:39 pm Thanks guys. I'm excited about the possibility. It's with their ship building division, and the location is 4 miles from my place, and would cut my commute to work to about 10 minutes each day, 30 minutes combined tops if traffic is bad leaving at the end of the day, instead of my 30 minutes there with 45+ coming home now.

I could definitely ride a bike to this place.. coming home would suck though. 50% of the distance is a huge hill. No way in fuck would I ever try to ride up that. I'll ride a bike to work and uber home :lol:
Johnny_P

Almost rofl’d my waffles on the way home. Ugh.

Dog being nuts too. She cray.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:44 pm

I could definitely ride a bike to this place.. coming home would suck though. 50% of the distance is a huge hill. No way in fuck would I ever try to ride up that. I'll ride a bike to work and uber home :lol:
Ride bikes. Get ripped.
Johnny_P

9/80 is pretty lol from a business standpoint.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:56 pm
dubshow wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Mine too for that reason. But I definitely put a strong filter on what makes it to the IG. Hell, I guess I've put a strong filter on what goes on ole FB too, in the last few years.

I love following my friends on IG too. Esp the artsy fags like you and zil.
:wub:
Mine is on lockdown rn for hiring fun. But I usually just let it all hang out there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Mentioned this in the :mahtroy: house thread, but my old boss is in town with the Bang Bus this week... going out to dinner with him and the interim guy doing my old job tomorrow night, should be interesting. I don't know if I should play the "I love my new job" thing or just be like :bruh: take me back please.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Wrong thread :dislike:
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Ride bikes. Get ripped.
Yeah.. no.. not how it works in the bodybuilding world unfortunately.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm

In what regard?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm Mentioned this in the :mahtroy: house thread, but my old boss is in town with the Bang Bus this week... going out to dinner with him and the interim guy doing my old job tomorrow night, should be interesting. I don't know if I should play the "I love my new job" thing or just be like :bruh: take me back please.
its three weeks in and you hate it.

You should explore options. Be honest. they liked you.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm Mentioned this in the :mahtroy: house thread, but my old boss is in town with the Bang Bus this week... going out to dinner with him and the interim guy doing my old job tomorrow night, should be interesting. I don't know if I should play the "I love my new job" thing or just be like :bruh: take me back please.
its three weeks in and you hate it.

You should explore options. Be honest. they liked you.
It's like three months in and I hate it less than I did three weeks in... but it's just not the same as the open road, doing what I want all the time.

Allison would probably leave me if I went back :sad: .

Not really, but that would be... super awkward.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

If Joseline move out I’ll probably get a new job. I’ll probablt start applying to a few places now.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 pm

If Joseline move out I’ll probably get a new job. I’ll probablt start applying to a few places now.
New job so that you can afford the rent solo?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Ride bikes. Get ripped.
Yeah.. no.. not how it works in the bodybuilding world unfortunately.
:dat: cardio is considered as more of a torture for bodybuilding world :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm

In what regard?
At least where I work it was. Since the expectation was we worked 9 hrs a day anyway. They were just throwing vacation at people.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm Yeah.. no.. not how it works in the bodybuilding world unfortunately.
:dat: cardio is considered as more of a torture for bodybuilding world Image
Dat form over function. :fullretard:
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:58 pm

In what regard?
At least where I work it was. Since the expectation was we worked 9 hrs a day anyway. They were just throwing vacation at people.
Ah.. see to me it seems like a dream come true to get back to, because we're salary with no OT and the expectation is that we work 9 hour days plus a few hours on weekends because we're "busy".. it's been this way for months.. we're not busy, we're understaffed. They don't give us anything for working all the extra hours, if we don't work the extra hours, we get dirty looks when we leave for the day and pulled into meetings the next day to explain how busy we are..

If I get an offer and take it, these guys are gonna be fucked to the max :excited:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Ah.. see to me it seems like a dream come true to get back to, because we're salary with no OT and the expectation is that we work 9 hour days plus a few hours on weekends because we're "busy".. it's been this way for months.. we're not busy, we're understaffed. They don't give us anything for working all the extra hours, if we don't work the extra hours, we get dirty looks when we leave for the day and pulled into meetings the next day to explain how busy we are..

If I get an offer and take it, these guys are gonna be fucked to the max :excited:
You gotta get out of there.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm

You gotta get out of there.
That's the plan. Feeling really hopefully about the opportunities at GD. Love that they liked my resume for both positions and want both hiring manager to have a chance to interview me.