OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:45 pm Been pondering the purpose of life for a couple days now. Not in a good positon at the moment. Could use some good vibes.
My wife wants to know what's up with your cat?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:03 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Awesome job you fucking beast!
Thanks man!! You guys have all been awesome through this.
My wife wants to know what's up with your dog!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:45 pm Been pondering the purpose of life for a couple days now. Not in a good positon at the moment. Could use some good vibes.
Cold weather and turbo noises
Winter rams are on. Bring on the snow.
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:41 pm
My wife wants to know what's up with your cat?
Finally took the little monster to the vet. Awaiting X-ray analysis. They said his pelvic bones are degrading or something but wanted to look closer at the xrays.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:31 pm I’ll keep the rest to my thread as to not clog this up too much.
Great job! You worked hard for that and totally deserve it!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Great Job Sawce! We need a :massles: emoji
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got a fever this morning. Haven't been sick with a fever in years.
Johnny_P

You guys ever wonder what the hell you're doing with your lives? Like, what's the point, what's your purpose? Is there a purpose? Life is nothing short of a miracle, it doesn't make sense that a string of proteins would tell a handful of molecules how to arrange themselves to develop into a conscious being. And we live our lives for however long until our time runs out, and the world carries on. And when you die, that might as well be the end of the universe from your perspective, because although the world carries on your consciousness won't.

Religion doesn't make sense either. However the more I learn about the world, the cosmos, and the absolutely insane number of "just right" conditions our planet meets, the more I wonder how in the hell could it all have been by chance. That's a HELL of a dice roll. So if there was some guiding force of creation, is there a guiding force after life? What's to say that people are the only ones that can enter this? My cat and dog have individual thought, individual reason. They aren't that different from me. I'm sure they think about me when I'm not home, and I know they dream. What happens to them?

It's a terrifying thought to think that when your life is over, it's just the end, lights out, no more. I have been knocked out a few times in my life, and you may remember events leading up to it, but then it's ZERO memory for however long you were out. Your life restarted. What happens when it doesn't restart?

I didn't get any sleep last night and my stomach is so turned over today that I feel nauseous. I actually think I might be in mild shock. :sad:

Is this a mid-life crisis?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:55 pm
:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Go see a therapist or a life coach or something man

I can tell you wont make you happy: working a job you hate for money you don't need to live in a place you hate.

With what you have saved you could seriously buy a nice tiny house, a truck, and fuck off for 5-6 years doing whatever you want.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:20 am You guys ever wonder what the hell you're doing with your lives? Like, what's the point, what's your purpose? Is there a purpose? Life is nothing short of a miracle, it doesn't make sense that a string of proteins would tell a handful of molecules how to arrange themselves to develop into a conscious being. And we live our lives for however long until our time runs out, and the world carries on. And when you die, that might as well be the end of the universe from your perspective, because although the world carries on your consciousness won't.

Religion doesn't make sense either. However the more I learn about the world, the cosmos, and the absolutely insane number of "just right" conditions our planet meets, the more I wonder how in the hell could it all have been by chance. That's a HELL of a dice roll. So if there was some guiding force of creation, is there a guiding force after life? What's to say that people are the only ones that can enter this? My cat and dog have individual thought, individual reason. They aren't that different from me. I'm sure they think about me when I'm not home, and I know they dream. What happens to them?

It's a terrifying thought to think that when your life is over, it's just the end, lights out, no more. I have been knocked out a few times in my life, and you may remember events leading up to it, but then it's ZERO memory for however long you were out. Your life restarted. What happens when it doesn't restart?

I didn't get any sleep last night and my stomach is so turned over today that I feel nauseous. I actually think I might be in mild shock. :sad:

When I feel like this the most comforting thing for me is to know that everyone goes through this. Nothing is wrong with you. It's perfectly good and fine. Especially when the answers to our questions are unknowable.

But this could also be the universe telling you life's too short to drive a RAV4.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:20 am You guys ever wonder what the hell you're doing with your lives? Like, what's the point, what's your purpose? Is there a purpose? Life is nothing short of a miracle, it doesn't make sense that a string of proteins would tell a handful of molecules how to arrange themselves to develop into a conscious being. And we live our lives for however long until our time runs out, and the world carries on. And when you die, that might as well be the end of the universe from your perspective, because although the world carries on your consciousness won't.

I think these are questions and points of discussion that many are too busy to even ponder. Would be down as hell for a philosophy thread to just discuss anything and everything and question why/why not.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 am

I can tell you wont make you happy: working a job you hate for money you don't need to live in a place you hate.

With what you have saved you could seriously buy a nice tiny house, a truck, and fuck off for 5-6 years doing whatever you want.
I agree with :fax:

I don’t mean go off the grid, but you’re obviously unhappy yet guilt-tripped into your current sitch.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 am

:dat: is 100% true and I've been trying to find something different.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

yea dog, go see a therapist
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I think we've all had these thoughts at some point in our lives, but you can't dwell on the things you can't control. And while there are negatives in all of our lives, focus on the solutions to those problems rather than the problems themselves. Focus on the things that make you happy and yes YOU play a huge roll in your happiness and a therapist can certainly help you with seeing those things. Honestly, for a period of my life, I turned to the church - it's weird looking back because I haven't been in the better part of 6 or 7 years and these days I don't even know what I believe anymore. However, there are a lot of great things to learn about perspective, being a good person, and being judgement free. Those teachings still stick with me today.

We all get in these ruts from time-to-time, you're not alone. It's what motorcycles are for ;-)
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 am

I think we've all had these thoughts at some point in our lives, but you can't dwell on the things you can't control. And while there are negatives in all of our lives, focus on the solutions to those problems rather than the problems themselves. Focus on the things that make you happy and yes YOU play a huge roll in your happiness and a therapist can certainly help you with seeing those things. Honestly, for a period of my life, I turned to the church - it's weird looking back because I haven't been in the better part of 6 or 7 years and these days I don't even know what I believe anymore. However, there are a lot of great things to learn about perspective, being a good person, and being judgement free. Those teachings still stick with me today.

We all get in these ruts from time-to-time, you're not alone. It's what motorcycles are for ;-)
:dat:

It happens to the best of us :wasteful: . You might need to take a week off when you can and maybe you and Lisa bring the pup out to the mountains for a week or something? Decompress, relax, disconnect from the world for awhile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 am
4zilch wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 am

It happens to the best of us :wasteful: . You might need to take a week off when you can and maybe you and Lisa bring the pup out to the mountains for a week or something? Decompress, relax, disconnect from the world for awhile.
no vacation time left, two weeks gets used by family and weddings. Also 2 weeks is new normal for management level positions.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Welp, this is all we got my man.

All you can do is the next right thing, and something that would help you would be some volunteering, helping others is always a way to boost the good feels. Happiness isn't some big event, it's a thousand tiny ones. Look for the small things you enjoy and make them a part of your daily, or weekly habits. I have to force myself to do things that I know I'll enjoy, because naturally I'll want to sit on my ass, that's part of my battle with depression. Your going to have to fight your own battle with your own weapons.

Truth be told, people have offered life advice to you several times on here and you never seem to take it.
Your job and your relationship seem to to taxing you beyond what you're able to provide.
Not going to harp on it, but that's just an outsiders opinion.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

christmas music time, right?

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am
Truth be told, people have offered life advice to you several times on here and you never seem to take it.
Your job and your relationship seem to to taxing you beyond what you're able to provide.

:dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat:
:dat: :melon: :melon: :melon: :dat:
:dat: :melon: :fax: :melon: :dat:
:dat: :melon: :melon: :melon: :dat:
:dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat:

:member: :nope: ?
I :member:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am
Apex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:44 am

no vacation time left, two weeks gets used by family and weddings. Also 2 weeks is new normal for management level positions.
Weddings, what are those? :trollface:
Johnny_P

Not sure what Lisa has to do with this. She’s showing me what can be done if you dedicate your life to something real. She helped me out immensely yesterday.
Johnny_P

Melon wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am Welp, this is all we got my man.

All you can do is the next right thing, and something that would help you would be some volunteering, helping others is always a way to boost the good feels. Happiness isn't some big event, it's a thousand tiny ones. Look for the small things you enjoy and make them a part of your daily, or weekly habits. I have to force myself to do things that I know I'll enjoy, because naturally I'll want to sit on my ass, that's part of my battle with depression. Your going to have to fight your own battle with your own weapons.

Not going to harp on it, but that's just an outsiders opinion.
I need to find a new job. This one is killing me literally.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:28 am Not sure what Lisa has to do with this. She’s showing me what can be done if you dedicate your life to something real. She helped me out immensely yesterday.
Right on man, I'm basing my statement on things that were going on a while ago, if things are improving then stick with it.
Just keep an objective look on things.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.