OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Gonna pick up the GTI tomorrow morning!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:46 pm Gonna pick up the GTI tomorrow morning!
Tell us the story now for those of us bored at work...
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Been looking at Jeep fourms to figure out these adjustable suspension systems

Jeep derp
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 pm Been looking at Jeep fourms to figure out these adjustable suspension systems

Jeep derp
The air suspensions?
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:40 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 pm Been looking at Jeep fourms to figure out these adjustable suspension systems

Jeep derp
The air suspensions?
Yeah. On the JGC specifically
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:48 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:40 pm

The air suspensions?
I'd look at how to rip them out and replace with standard suspension. :lol:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:50 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:48 pm

I hear that's an option. I'd just wait until it fails and do it then doe.

I loved the ride height in the trailhawk in off-road mode.
SAWCE

Passed out hard at lunch.. Wearing a light zip up hoodie.. Pulled the hood up and was in Lala Land about 2 minutes after laying down. Didn't wake up once before my alarm :fuckyeah:
SAWCE

So, we have a production meeting every Monday at 10:00. Everyone goes over the status of all of the assemblies they have in or scheduled for production. The idea was kicked out to have it on Friday afternoons, and then if you don't have any emergency actions that come out of the meeting (material shortages that are causing the production line to stop) then you can leave after the meeting. Today is the first day we're trying that. I'm skeptical, but if it actually happens it will be very :fuckyeah: and the first solid thing this place has done for us in a while.
Apex

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:05 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:50 pm

I hear that's an option. I'd just wait until it fails and do it then doe.

I loved the ride height in the trailhawk in off-road mode.
:dat: is what I would do if I had a JGC with air suspension. When it fails, replace with regular style stuff.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:09 pm So, we have a production meeting every Monday at 10:00. Everyone goes over the status of all of the assemblies they have in or scheduled for production. The idea was kicked out to have it on Friday afternoons, and then if you don't have any emergency actions that come out of the meeting (material shortages that are causing the production line to stop) then you can leave after the meeting. Today is the first day we're trying that. I'm skeptical, but if it actually happens it will be very :fuckyeah: and the first solid thing this place has done for us in a while.
:nice:
Hope it happens!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:46 pm Gonna pick up the GTI tomorrow morning!
I'll just say it briefly on here.

A week before the issue began to occur, I got a check oil level warning with an amber explanation mark with a triangle light on dash. I was due almost 2,000 before my oil change is due. So I checked the dipstick, and the oil itself looked like it's about to drip off the dipstick. So I added one quart in the autozone parking lot just to be safe.... or so I thought. Had no signs what so ever.

The night before halloween day, I was approaching about to a stop light that was solid red, then got an arrow green, but still had to slam on my breaks due to one driver went wot on a red light. When I began accelerating after that (mind you car was running fine right before), I hear weird squeaking noises coming from the engine that you would usually hear on a beat to shit 20 year old car, and some shuddering. Drove for another mile and sound is becoming worse and worse, I decided to pull over as I didn't wanna add additional damage to the engine. No warning lights, until the last start where I finally got a CEL.

Long story short, I burned and pretty much ran out of oil, without the car warning me or shown any signs. My biggest worry was how much I am gonna pay for the repair, or trade in, etc. because AT THE TIME, I thought I was out of extended warranty (68k miles). Then when my Service Advisor (also trudy's now btw), told me I still have warranty (and covering it) and I stood frozen. I kept my paperwork from the day I bought the car and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, I signed a contract for a 7 year 100k warranty, while I was doing all the paperwork when I was purchasing the car. At that point, all I really cared was getting it fixed. All I am gonna pay is a $100 deductible.

I have videos of dat as well and will upload maybe today or tomorrow, I'm having a quite busy weekend.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Craving Mexican food. Carnitas or Chili Rellanos? That is the question
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:52 pm

A week before the issue began to occur, I got a check oil level warning with an amber explanation mark with a triangle light on dash. I was due almost 2,000 before my oil change is due. So I checked the dipstick, and the oil itself looked like it's about to drip off the dipstick. So I added one quart in the autozone parking lot just to be safe.... or so I thought. Had no signs what so ever.

The night before halloween day, I was approaching about to a stop light that was solid red, then got an arrow green, but still had to slam on my breaks due to one driver went wot on a red light. When I began accelerating after that (mind you car was running fine right before), I hear weird squeaking noises coming from the engine that you would usually hear on a beat to shit 20 year old car, and some shuddering. Drove for another mile and sound is becoming worse and worse, I decided to pull over as I didn't wanna add additional damage to the engine. No warning lights, until the last start where I finally got a CEL.

Long story short, I burned and pretty much ran out of oil, without the car warning me or shown any signs. My biggest worry was how much I am gonna pay for the repair, or trade in, etc. because AT THE TIME, I thought I was out of extended warranty (68k miles). Then when my Service Advisor (also trudy's now btw), told me I still have warranty (and covering it) and I stood frozen. I kept my paperwork from the day I bought the car and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, I signed a contract for a 7 year 100k warranty, while I was doing all the paperwork when I was purchasing the car. At that point, all I really cared was getting it fixed. All I am gonna pay is a $100 deductible.

I have videos of dat as well and will upload maybe today or tomorrow, I'm having a quite busy weekend.
How the hell do you forget about that?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:49 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:45 pm

How the hell do you forget about that?
I bought the car over 4 years ago, pretty sure it got wiped off the memory after a few months.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:47 pm Craving Mexican food. Carnitas or Chili Rellanos? That is the question
Carne Asada fries. Come on over and we'll walk Ava to go get some and sit outside eating them enjoying the current 72* weather..
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:47 pm Craving Mexican food. Carnitas or Chili Rellanos? That is the question
Carne Asada fries. Come on over and we'll walk Ava to go get some and sit outside eating them enjoying the current 72* weather..
Let me clean the 4-6 inches of snow of my car and I'll be on my way.

72 sounds cool. Want me to bring you a jacket?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
Because I've had a craving for it recently, too. Therefore it is the correct answer for you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Let me clean the 4-6 inches of snow of my car and I'll be on my way.

72 sounds cool. Want me to bring you a jacket?
Sick! Nah, thanks though man. I run hot, so 72* is shorts and t-shirt weather for me. If we stay out after the sun goes down I may run home to grab pants though.
Last edited by SAWCE on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE

Troy's picture makes me want fajitas. That's my go to at sit-down mexican places.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Shrimp is so easily overcooked

This is the only way to boil shrimp.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pe ... imp-112889
SAWCE

Well, got off at 345 :notbad: I’m “off” at 430 and typically don’t leave until 445-5, so this is nice.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm
:waxer:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm Image
:waxer:
$13.99

:wasteful: