OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

datgrundle wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 am Good morning DFD, how have yall been?
:hai:

I've been a :fatty: lately.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Oh man. Excite is mounting here at work. This Saturday we're having a blow out bash to celebrate our 50th birthday (company was founded in 1968). It's going to be at a :waxer: resort with cocktail hour, sit down :fancy: dinner, 5 hours of open bar, a photographer, DJ, dancing, giveaways, etc. Rumor has it the long timers (over 20 years) are getting a special gift of some sort). Every employee, both office and plant, plus their SO's were invited, and also a few recent retirees and even our outside attorney and accountant and their wives. The final head count is somewhere around 160 people, so basically like a :waxer: wedding reception. :notbad:

:excited: :troywax: :popcorn:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 am

just everywhere. Its just annoying. I mean, for shit i have never even expressed interest in. I dont want a mattress FFS
We've been watching stuff on the Apple TV almost exclusively lately. Switched to the cable box for some mindless background noise yesterday and man I forgot how many ads there are on cable TV. :disgust: Prime has like 1 ad usually for one of their new shows, at the beginning of the episode and then it's clear sailing the rest of the way. I need to cancel that cable box, just money being wasted.

Ads on websites and stuff I have 3 ad blockers and an autoplay video stopper on chrome so I don't see a whole lot. The phone yeah, and IG and facetube are all ads anymore.

Spotify :disgust: has been throwing about 3 ads in every 5 songs wtf. It's almost unusable now.

FM radio is the worst. At least that's free.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 pm Oh man. Excite is mounting here at work. This Saturday we're having a blow out bash to celebrate our 50th birthday (company was founded in 1968). It's going to be at a :waxer: resort with cocktail hour, sit down :fancy: dinner, 5 hours of open bar, a photographer, DJ, dancing, giveaways, etc. Rumor has it the long timers (over 20 years) are getting a special gift of some sort). Every employee, both office and plant, plus their SO's were invited, and also a few recent retirees and even our outside attorney and accountant and their wives. The final head count is somewhere around 160 people, so basically like a :waxer: wedding reception. :notbad:

:neat:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:47 am
datgrundle wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 am Good morning DFD, how have yall been?

:bravo:

Have you been a happy :fatty:?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 pm Oh man. Excite is mounting here at work. This Saturday we're having a blow out bash to celebrate our 50th birthday (company was founded in 1968). It's going to be at a :waxer: resort with cocktail hour, sit down :fancy: dinner, 5 hours of open bar, a photographer, DJ, dancing, giveaways, etc. Rumor has it the long timers (over 20 years) are getting a special gift of some sort). Every employee, both office and plant, plus their SO's were invited, and also a few recent retirees and even our outside attorney and accountant and their wives. The final head count is somewhere around 160 people, so basically like a :waxer: wedding reception. :notbad:

:jelly: :jelly: :jelly:
:jelly: :neat: :jelly:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:41 pm Image
:notbad:

i too would like to spend $40k on an old van. I also have zero mechanical ability.
wap

datgrundle wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:59 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:47 am

:bravo:

Have you been a happy :fatty:?
Pretty much I guess. Could be worse. Beats being hungry and underfed.
wap

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Forgot to mention that several people, including all the out of town employees who we're flying in, are staying the night at the resort so they don't have to drive home while :drunk: . Curious to see who gets :drunk: and how they act. It should make for some interesting conversation in the office on Monday morning. :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Forgot to mention that several people, including all the out of town employees who we're flying in, are staying the night at the resort so they don't have to drive home while :drunk: . Curious to see who gets :drunk: and how they act. It should make for some interesting conversation in the office on Monday morning. :lol:
Best advice I ever got in college, "Don't party at the party" - Professional Practice (4th year class)
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Escaping the rat race.

Hard work good, hard work fine but first take care of head.

Maybe they can reverse the suicide epidemic of the previous generations
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 pm
Escaping the rat race.

yea. I only occasionally want to kill myself in between the weekends.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:47 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Escaping the rat race.

yea. I only occasionally want to kill myself in between the weekends.
:lolol:

Mo money Mo problems :mahtroy:
wap

dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:26 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Best advice I ever got in college, "Don't party at the party" - Professional Practice (4th year class)
For sure. I won't abstain, but won't get full blown :drunk: either. Fuck that. I want a job come Monday morning.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:12 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:26 pm

For sure. I won't abstain, but won't get full blown :drunk: either. Fuck that. I want a job come Monday morning.
Michelle's dad had to fire three people after a company party a few months back.

Two dudes got drunk and got into a fist fight, one tried to be sneaky come Monday morning and reported that he saw the other guy "fighting a random person" :lolol: They both got shit canned.

Third guy got super sexually aggressive with several women and was fired when a few of them came forward the next Monday. During his debrief from the company, apparently his main concern was "what am I going to tell my wife!?" I don't know man, maybe tell her that you're a piece of shit who can't keep his mouth shut or his hands off other women.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

I had a few techs that would get a bit rowdy at company parties, they were lucky that it was basically a shitshow paid for an welcomed by the owners so they got a few passes....but they never heard the end of it. I had a bit of an issue at a gala but when you drop 60lbs in a summer and then shift to a new job your tolerance of alcohol changes rapidly :lol:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:18 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Michelle's dad had to fire three people after a company party a few months back.

Two dudes got drunk and got into a fist fight, one tried to be sneaky come Monday morning and reported that he saw the other guy "fighting a random person" :lolol: They both got shit canned.

Third guy got super sexually aggressive with several women and was fired when a few of them came forward the next Monday. During his debrief from the company, apparently his main concern was "what am I going to tell my wife!?" I don't know man, maybe tell her that you're a piece of shit who can't keep his mouth shut or his hands off other women.
:lol: :dat:
That kind of behavior needs to :gtfo: of any sort of work function. I'll have the Mrs with me so I'll be mostly well behaved.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Snow on Thursday guise. Everyone gonna LOSE THEY DAMN MINDS. I'm still on my summer tires :comeatmebro:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:30 pm Snow on Thursday guise. Everyone gonna LOSE THEY DAMN MINDS. I'm still on my summer tires :comeatmebro:
Think of the children you monster!!
wap

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 pm I had a few techs that would get a bit rowdy at company parties, they were lucky that it was basically a shitshow paid for an welcomed by the owners so they got a few passes....but they never heard the end of it. I had a bit of an issue at a gala but when you drop 60lbs in a summer and then shift to a new job your tolerance of alcohol changes rapidly :lol:
:ohdang:
What, did you cut off a leg or two?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:30 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:30 pm Snow on Thursday guise. Everyone gonna LOSE THEY DAMN MINDS. I'm still on my summer tires :comeatmebro:
:aintcare:

:thisisfine:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:30 pm
It's gonna be a bloodbath. I'm sure I'll end up running over an entire classroom of catholic children and nuns on their way to help homeless people, backwards, on fire, and take out a puppy shelter as well.
Johnny_P

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 pm I had a few techs that would get a bit rowdy at company parties, they were lucky that it was basically a shitshow paid for an welcomed by the owners so they got a few passes....but they never heard the end of it. I had a bit of an issue at a gala but when you drop 60lbs in a summer and then shift to a new job your tolerance of alcohol changes rapidly :lol:
One of the guys here lost an insane amount of weight like that. Then he :fatty: right the f back up in about 3 weeks when he let the diet slip. Now he's back on the diet but not losing as much weight.