OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:29 am Staking out parking violators. Flexing the long dick of corporate security policies.
:narc:
:slowclap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:36 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am

:narc:

:lolwut:
:dat:

Our "parking policy" involves a hangtag on the rear view mirror. I literally haven't had one in my car since 2010-ish. About once every 2 years, I get an orange envelope under my wiper advising me that I'm a violator.
Sounds terrifying.
Dem Brownshirts
wap

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 am What constitutes a "parking violation"?
4.0 DEFINITIONS
4.1 Contractor – Any non-employee (whether referred to as a contractor, supplier, vendor, or otherwise) who possesses any type of badge and is performing work at a Indiana Campus Operation site.

4.2 Identification Parking Tag (hang-tag) – issued parking permit obtained from security with the employee’s barcode and/ or assigned number clearly displayed on both sides. Identification Parking Tags can be obtained from any site security desk.
4.2.1 Specialty Parking Hang Tags:
Black hang tags will be issued with a number code for employee identification, the specialty need requirement and an expiration date.
Regular Parking Hang Tags:
Red hang tags will be issued with a barcode and number code for employee identification.
4.3 ICO - Indiana Campus Operations – All facilities within the State of Indiana.

4.4 CSOC - Campus Security Operations Center

4.5 ADA Parking – Parking Facilities for Persons with Physical Disabilities, refer to Indiana Code § 5-16-9.

4.6 Rolling Year – The 364-day period following an individual’s receipt of a ticket under this policy.

4.7 Visitor – Any individual who is not affiliated with the company as an employee or contractor.
5.0 POLICY STATEMENT(S) OF WORK:
EMPLOYEE PARKING
5.1 If provided by the site, employees shall park properly in designated areas. Employee vehicles shall clearly display an Identification Parking Tag, preferably from the rear-view mirror.
5.2 Company employees, contractors and suppliers shall not park in visitor parking or other restricted/emergency areas.

5.3 The Company will not be liable for any damages or theft caused to any motor vehicle, or contents thereof, while parked in the facilities or public parking areas.

VISITOR PARKING
5.4 Visitor parking includes all areas that are reserved and marked for visitors.

5.5 Company employees, contractors and suppliers are not authorized to park in visitor parking, regardless of the employee’s work location.
6.0 SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
DESIGNATION OF RESERVED SPACES
6.1 Each Indiana Campus Operation site will designate a maximum of 5% for designated spaces, of which, 2% is required to meet ADA requirements.

The remaining balance of 3% will be allocated as each Company facility site sees appropriate. Examples being; Visitors, United Way, Expectant Mothers, Safety Champions, Power Row, and/ or any others, as deemed necessary.

Example - Site XYZ:
Total number parking spots: 1,000
Total reservable spots (5%): 50
Less Required Amount:
ADA / Physical Disability (2%): 20
Remaining 3% balance of site designated spots: 30
(i.e. total reservable spots (50) less required reserved spots (20)

ADA REQUIREMENTS per INDIANA CODE
IC 5-16-9
Chapter 9 Parking Facilities for Persons with Physical Disabilities

IC 5-16-9-2
Spaces reserved in parking facilities; requirements
Sec. 2. (a) Except as provided in subsection (d), each parking facility that provides parking spaces for self-parking by employees or visitors must have accessible parking spaces reserved according to the following schedule:
TOTAL NUMBER OF MINIMUM NUMBER OF
RESERVED IN FACILITY SPACES RESERVED SPACES
1 to 25 1
26 to 50 2
51 to 75 3
76 to 100 4
101 to 150 5
151 to 200 6
201 to 300 7
301 to 400 8
401 to 500 9
501 to 1000 2 % of total
Over 1,000 20 plus 1 for each 100 spaces over 100

ISSUING OF SPECIALTY PARKING HANG TAGS
6.2 The Security officer at each ICO – Indiana Campus Operation will be given the type of specialty parking requirement, employee WWID, expiration date and length of time needed. They will issue the specialty parking hang tags and forward the list to CSOC for record keeping. Black hang tags will be issued for the specialty parking spaces.

6.3 If there is a special needs request, that is not covered by current parking policy, contact the Campus Security Operations Center at 812-xxx-xxxx and they will contact the Facilities Dept at the appropriate ICO – Indiana Campus Operation site.

7.0 MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE:
ENFORCEMENT FOR FACILTY SITES
7.1 Parking enforcement shall be the responsibility of Security.

7.2 Parking warnings and tickets will be issued and tracked by Security.

7.3 Parking tickets will be tracked on a rolling year basis.

PARKING VIOLATIONS AND REPORTING FOR FACILITY SITES
7.4 Parking violations should be reported to any security officer or to the Campus Security Operations Center at 812-xxx-xxxx.

7.5 Parking violations may include (but are not limited to):
· No visible identification parking tag
· Unauthorized use of visitor parking
· Unauthorized use of regional and site reserved parking
· Unauthorized use of ADA (physical disability) parking
· Fire lane/yellow curb violations
· Blocking a drive or loading dock
· Automobile parked on a motorcycle pad
· Improper parking in stall / space (not in stall, vehicle exceeding lines of a space, etc.)
· Violation of posted “No Parking” signs
· Abandoned vehicles
· Vehicles are not permitted to be stored on company property
· Vehicles with oversized trailers, campers, ATV’s, boats, non- working vehicles, etc. are not permitted in facilities or public parking areas

7.6 If the appeal process or other discussions result in a special-needs solution, prior violations will be rescinded.

EMPLOYEE CORRECTIVE ACTION PROCESS - FACILITY SITES
7.7 This corrective action process is not part of the Southern Indiana Work Rules applicable to bargaining unit employees/contractor/supplier/vendor.
7.8 The following corrective action process applies to all employees:
· First Violation: Parking warning with no other corrective action. This starts a rolling year.
· Second Violation: Security notifies violator, supervisor, and site facility operations lead, via email, of the violation, see attached form under appendices. Email notification should include relevant policy or other compliance requirements, consequences for future violations, and procedure for discussing any special needs or circumstances. For bargaining unit employees, supervisor should print the email, deliver it to the employee, and obtain a signature from the employee. The supervisor should retain the signed copy

· Third Violation: Security will schedule a meeting with violator, supervisor, site facility operations lead, Union Steward/Area Representative (if applicable), and violator’s Human Resource manager. This meeting will serve as the appeal process.

· Fourth Violation: Violator’s vehicle will be towed by a third-party towing company at the violator’s expense. Security will notify the violator and supervisor by phone and email
:sass:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I couldn’t reach 90 in the mirage, so top speed was 88. I have reached over 160 kms in a 1.3 hyundai hatch with 6 speed manual, and a 85 hp french turbo diesel with 5 speed. But not a na 3 banger with cvt.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Face is starting to get sunken in :fuckyeah: It's almost time.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

4zilch wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 am :narc:

:lolwut:

Our "parking policy" involves a hangtag on the rear view mirror. I literally haven't had one in my car since 2010-ish. About once every 2 years, I get an orange envelope under my wiper advising me that I'm a violator.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE

Oh, finally got a shelf hung in my place last night for a little extra storage/decor.

Reclaimed barnwood with leather straps to hang it. :pinshit: level 9000.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:15 am Face is starting to get sunken in :fuckyeah: It's almost time.
I think you need a burger.
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote:Oh, finally got a shelf hung in my place last night for a little extra storage/decor.

Reclaimed barnwood with leather straps to hang it. :pinshit: level 9000.

Picture sucks because when I crushed my phone on Sunday one of the cracks runs over the glass covering the front camera. Rear camera hasn’t worked in a while :thisisfine:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Calvinball wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:15 am
4zilch wrote:

I don't know what this means #old?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:39 am

Our contractors have off-site parking (building next door). Our employees have assigned parking, we share a garage with our tenants and we have a branch. I am in the visitor/branch parking spaces (17 of almost 880 spaces) where employees and contractors park because it’s “convenient” to them.

This makes for a bad experience for people coming to the branch and visitors for interviews and meetings, which causes them to park in employee/tenant spaces, further displacing everyone.

Also, we are primarily doing an enforcement push because once it starts snowing more people will park where it’s mkre convenient to them. Trying to stay ahead of it
Interesting.

The new thing where I park (a garage that's a quarter mile from the office) is the security guys get to play :narc: and radar people in the garage for speeding. Speed limit is 10 mph. Dude hides behind parked cars on the 2nd or 3rd level and radios up to another dude when he gets someone. I work with a girl that got "pulled over" for doing 12mph. :plaid:

I park on the 1st or 2nd floor for EV parking and never have to deal with it. :aintcare: but others are pretty :rage: 2mph is a pretty low tolerance.
That's stupid.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 am Security guys going overboard is the death if security.

Parking is a facilities issue. Security shouldn't be involved.
:wrong:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:55 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:52 am

in most hoods i can do 35 and stop in plenty of time, come at me bro.
Depends on the layout of the street...house set backs, vegitation, etc. If there's high visibility, I could possibly justify a higher speed. In my area with a lot of mature trees and vegetation, speeding is dumb.

:bravo:

what if I told you urban planning and design has a yuge impact on how the general population drives. Further house setback with less trees and better visibility = faster speeds.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 am
Interesting.

The new thing where I park (a garage that's a quarter mile from the office) is the security guys get to play :narc: and radar people in the garage for speeding. Speed limit is 10 mph. Dude hides behind parked cars on the 2nd or 3rd level and radios up to another dude when he gets someone. I work with a girl that got "pulled over" for doing 12mph. :plaid:

I park on the 1st or 2nd floor for EV parking and never have to deal with it. :aintcare: but others are pretty :rage: 2mph is a pretty low tolerance.
That's stupid.
20% bro. That's like doing 84 in a 70!!! UNSAFE!!

:rolleyes:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 am so :narc: is just a renta-cop-metermaid? :impressive:
Lovely Rudy, Meter Maid
:notbad:
Barnes93cb

Pulled off $200 profit from some etsy shares today. :notbad:

Trying to offset some recent losses and this makes me happy to see.
SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:15 am Face is starting to get sunken in :fuckyeah: It's almost time.
I think you need a burger.
Nah, dieting is easy for me. I'm excited.

Although if my coach tells me to take another cheat meal this weekend I've already decided I'm gonna hit one of the little taco shops near my place. California burrito with either carne asada or a breakfast California burrito, and then some carna asada fries. Maybe a quesadilla to snack on because I love cheese. :fatty:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am
Thanks for the heads up, we could have :meat: for lunch or something. Middle eastern food in Dearborn is :megusta: All over this area, really. There's a place in Warren, MI by the GM Tech center that's the best in the area.
I'll be back Saturday the 17th to pick her up if you want to :meat:

What's the name of the place in Warren? One of the trucks I'm looking at is there. I had found a place called Alex Kabob House but I was hoping you'd be here for a suggestion
If you're going to Warren, Kabob House On Van Dyke just south of 12 mile is awesome. Lots of middle eastern people work at the Tech Center up the road claim it's the best in the area.

If you're looking at trucks at local dealers, I highly recommend Buff Whelan in Sterling Heights (it's where I get my trucks), they always have great deals. Ed Rinke is another good one right by Kabob House just south of Warren.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kabob-house-wa ... abob+house
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 am

I dont disagree one bit. This is a great description of my brother. He flys through parking lots and it makes me :rage:.

Hes actually almost hit our mother before when trying to pick her up at the curb.
I have zero tolerance for speeding in parking lots and residential streets.

I always go 25 in my neighborhood. If someone is up my ass, I'll slow way down to 10-15 just to piss them off. There's no reason to speed in a neighborhood. Pets, kids, wild animals, etc all dart out into the street without warning.
I agree with this. That's why I don't mind speed bumps on residential streets.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am Drive the speed for the area.

Plants are usually 20mph or less. mostly an odd number because it makes you more aware. One facility is 19 9/10ths Mph
When statistics over-dominate policy.

Barnes93cb

dubshow wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 am
Melon wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am Drive the speed for the area.

Plants are usually 20mph or less. mostly an odd number because it makes you more aware. One facility is 19 9/10ths Mph
When statistics over-dominate policy.

We had a 15 mph speed limit through a residential zone. Everyone would complain to the base commander. To be a smartass he raised the speed to 16.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:37 am Taking the wife to Detroit airport. Pretty stoked about getting a kabob down in Dearborn. Lots of Arabs down yonder way.
:fuckyeah: Mideastern food in Dearborn,
wap

:wat:
wap

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 am
Calvinball wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:15 am

I don't know what this means #old?
:dat: :(
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 am
:wat:
Getting lean to the point where I'm losing the small fat pads in my face/cheeks. Just another couple of pounds to lose and I'll be stage ready. If I had to estimate, I'm probably sitting around 6% body fat right now. ~11lbs of fat on a 187lb frame. :notbad: Would love to get down below 5% and hopefully be the absolute leanest person on the stage. I'm gonna need it since I'm currently 43lbs under the max weight for my height.