OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Can't believe Costco got rid of the brats. Those things were delicious. I'd get one and go over to the onion spinner and load the fuck up.
Speaking of Costco - the wife's been getting this quinoa salad from there, loaded full of veggies.

I've been packing it for lunch, and getting fresh grilled chicken breasts from the pizzeria next door for $1.50 each.

Hell of a lunch hack.
You gotta link? Sounds right up my alley
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Can't believe Costco got rid of the brats. Those things were delicious. I'd get one and go over to the onion spinner and load the fuck up.
Speaking of Costco - the wife's been getting this quinoa salad from there, loaded full of veggies.

I've been packing it for lunch, and getting fresh grilled chicken breasts from the pizzeria next door for $1.50 each.

Hell of a lunch hack.
:notbad: at all. Cool the pizza place will sell you just the grilled chicken. I always see that quinoa salad at Costco and wondered if its any good. I don't care for quinoa much myself, I'd rather eat rice or potatoes.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:53 pm

:notbad: at all. Cool the pizza place will sell you just the grilled chicken. I always see that quinoa salad at Costco and wondered if its any good. I don't care for quinoa much myself, I'd rather eat rice or potatoes.
I like quinoa as it gives a bit more protein and fiber plus other good nutrients than an identical serving of rice.
:word: I take fiber pills and eat lots of greens, and the protein is a negligible difference to me in the scheme of what I'm doing, so I don't count it. If you're not a big lean meat eater though, it toally makes sense to capitalize on protein where you can.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Hell of a lunch hack.
That doesn't sound bad at all.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:58 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:44 pm

:impressive:

You should work for the UN and figure out how to feed poor Africans.
Everybody gets 3 cups of rice a day and a rotisserie chicken from costco. Done. Find fruit and veggies growing in the wild.
A chicken in every pot.

And you too can drink the koolaid :koolaid:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

So I spoke too soon. Lab results came back. Sammy has a failing kidney apparently. IDK what this means in terms of life expectancy. Doc's email made it sound like many years left to go, so that's potentially good. Sounds like we'll need to OK some more tests and imaging to determine if it's failure or a stone, tumor, etc and put him on a special diet.

:sad: my little buddy. He's 11 doe.
Johnny_P

WORLD CLASS OFFICE UPDATE

Shit I almost forgot. Thanks Fax for reminding me with this post....
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:16 pm
Also we're being bankrolled by JHIINA now. BofA used to bankroll all our crude oil. Now it'll be China bank or whatever. :thisisfine:
fire in a refinery is bad mkayyyyyy

We had a water cooler catch on fire in my building yesterday. This is the second one that has burned down in 2 years. We RENT THESE FUCKING THINGS.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:22 pm WORLD CLASS OFFICE UPDATE

We had a water cooler catch on fire in my building yesterday. This is the second one that has burned down in 2 years. We RENT THESE FUCKING THINGS.
:lolol:

:(

but :lolol:

also this tank heating calculation is kicking my ass. :(

At this point my math is right, but there is just not enough information to get reasonable values without starting to sub in unproven "typical" coefficients that have a factor of 10 discrepancy.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:25 pm

:lolol:

:(

but :lolol:

also this tank heating calculation is kicking my ass. :(

At this point my math is right, but there is just not enough information to get reasonable values without starting to sub in unproven "typical" coefficients that have a factor of 10 discrepancy.
ask ze client for ze :fax: :iono:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:impressive: time to go :angrypanda: :fancy:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm So I spoke too soon. Lab results came back. Sammy has a failing kidney apparently. IDK what this means in terms of life expectancy. Doc's email made it sound like many years left to go, so that's potentially good. Sounds like we'll need to OK some more tests and imaging to determine if it's failure or a stone, tumor, etc and put him on a special diet.

Send me the results and I can have my wife give you a second opinion. Not sure what she'll say not being able to exam him herself but whatever. Up to you.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm So I spoke too soon. Lab results came back. Sammy has a failing kidney apparently. IDK what this means in terms of life expectancy. Doc's email made it sound like many years left to go, so that's potentially good. Sounds like we'll need to OK some more tests and imaging to determine if it's failure or a stone, tumor, etc and put him on a special diet.

:sad: to hear dis.
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Send me the results and I can have my wife give you a second opinion. Not sure what she'll say not being able to exam him herself but whatever. Up to you.
Thanks buddy :wub: sent you a PM
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Grabbing Taco’s by the Pussy with TK. :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Thanks buddy :wub: sent you a PM
No problem

I'll be home in about 25 minutes and have her respond to your pm.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 pm Grabbing Taco’s by the Pussy with TK. :fuckyeah:
You can say that again
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 pm Grabbing Taco’s by the Pussy with TK. :fuckyeah:
:notsure: tacos are the pussy where I'm from...
razr390

Gotta update my LinkedIn and resume with some recent shit I’ve been doing. Playing the long game still. But yeah, impatient optimist.
razr390

My biggest thing is in the past 3-4 years more people have left after not being recognized/promoted/given a raise than have gotten promoted ever (0)
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 pm Gotta update my LinkedIn and resume with some recent shit I’ve been doing. Playing the long game still. But yeah, impatient optimist.
I tweaked my resume yesterday on Indeed, and got hit up by two separate recruiters today :notbad:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:My biggest thing is in the past 3-4 years more people have left after not being recognized/promoted/given a raise than have gotten promoted ever (0)
Welcome to every company these days. You must leave to advance. Loyalty is punished, not rewarded. Only morans are loyal.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:59 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 pm Gotta update my LinkedIn and resume with some recent shit I’ve been doing. Playing the long game still. But yeah, impatient optimist.
I tweaked my resume yesterday on Indeed, and got hit up by two separate recruiters today :notbad:
Nice! I think that will slowly happen to me once I hit my 1 year threshold at current company. I have not too much experience so once I show I’m “stable” in the job is when i assume others will look at my stuff
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Nice! I think that will slowly happen to me once I hit my 1 year threshold at current company. I have not too much experience so once I show I’m “stable” in the job is when i assume others will look at my stuff
Yep. Might take 2 years, but you'll get there soon enough. A year and a half at this place has gone by pretty fast.