OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
This 6S has been such a pile, I'm done with Apple products.
:wat:

It’s a work provided phone, and it’s old. I have a 6s that has been completely fine.
Good for you. Mine blows.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Unused apps kill battery life. I keep my phone as clean as possible.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am Had my 2 kids this weekend while wife was at a Vet conference. We didn't go anywhere. Was upset that my wife took the van to the airport and left it.

Thinking about that I realized I dread/hate using my car to transport the kids because it's such a PITA to get them in and out.
What do you drive again? Some sort of Mazderp?
Looked at Colorado stats and the back seat is smaller but maybe easier to access...

Dat gas mileage doe....I remember 2008 when I had my Nismo Frontier
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
This 6S has been such a pile, I'm done with Apple products.
What's wrong with yours?
Not his preferred flavor of :koolaid:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah. 2015 Mazda6
How old are the kiddies? I do it in a golf with a 6 & 3 yr old and enjoy it. The 3 yr old get a head clonk once in a blue moon if I swing him into his seat too quickly/accidentally on the wrong angle. Sometimes you just need a :truk: doe.
Johnny_P

Tesla is hiring a production engineering supervisor. That would be a cool job. I'd probably hate working for Tesla though as I hear 12 hour days are the norm, plus high stress environment, and fucking Nevada.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am Unused apps kill battery life. I keep my phone as clean as possible.
Same.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 am I can't get an A/C to come to my house and install myA/C and condenser. :mindblown: bc I've been trying since June. Finally contacted an old acquaintance that does it and he wants to charge me $1000 pkus material and won't be avail for weeks! JHC

The first and second guys said 300-350 but ghosted when I tried to shove cash into their pockets and set a date. Furnace breakdown season is just around the corner, I'm going to lose garage space for my new AC that isn't getting installed.
Hard to find good HVAC techs so they're always overbooked/short staffed down here. I'd imagine it's the same up there.
If my industry dries up then I may just get my gas license and open shop. $1000 for three hours of work and another three for miscellaneous bs like picking up the freon etc. That ish is :mindblown:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am Tesla is hiring a production engineering supervisor. That would be a cool job. I'd probably hate working for Tesla though as I hear 12 hour days are the norm, plus high stress environment, and fucking Nevada.
Production Supervision in auto is pretty low stress, just blame maintenance for any down time 🤓
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am

Looked at Colorado stats and the back seat is smaller but maybe easier to access...

Higher ride, it'll be easier to lift a kiddo onto the seat than plunk them down and into a car.
Fuel mileage will be much worse than your dadmobile.

Could get a crossover :doomed: I think they're rather ideal for this sort of crap.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

datgrundle wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 am :howdy:

Back from Vacation. 5/7 trip.

Ithaca is super chill. Wifey and I did a lot of hiking, had the last of the warm weather, got to see some waterfalls of gorges, did some yoga had a ton of great food and drinks.

PLUS! The additional assistant I trained to cover me when I was gone did her job, as did my first employee. I came back to no issues, literally the first time this has happened working on the car business (7 years). Plus, it makes me look great as a manager as corporate has been waiting to see my delegation & training skills.

:fuckyeah:

:fuckyeah:
Upstate NY is 5/7 for natural beauty.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am Tesla is hiring a production engineering supervisor. That would be a cool job. I'd probably hate working for Tesla though as I hear 12 hour days are the norm, plus high stress environment, and fucking Nevada.
Production Supervision in auto is pretty low stress, just blame maintenance for any down time 🤓
Yeah there are a lot of outs. Maintenance. Machine broke. Instrumentation gone bad. Etc :hubba:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah. 2015 Mazda6
How old are the kiddies? I do it in a golf with a 6 & 3 yr old and enjoy it. The 3 yr old get a head clonk once in a blue moon if I swing him into his seat too quickly/accidentally on the wrong angle. Sometimes you just need a :truk: doe.
19 months and almost 4. The rear facing seat is the problem. 4 year old gets in and out on his own no problem. So in a year this won't be an issue fingers crossed

Sold my 2 door GTI for this same reason and thought 4dr was the answer. Something take would be ideal.

When I have the van we tend to go more places.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am
:dat:

Meatchicken doesn't have inspections either. The stuff I see driving around in the city of Detroit is :doomed:

A big reason why I try to avoid driving in the city as much as possible.
IMO, inspections get even more crucial in states that have icing problems and salt usage. PA checks, among other things, that light bulbs work, wipers are not torn, horn works, brake pads, battery performance, excessive rust, and tire tread depth.

Just about all of that is necessary to keep people in the cars and people around those cars safe over bad road conditions.
Wow. Illinois doesn't have any of that, either. The level of :fullretard: beaters here is :disgust: Plastic garbage bags and duct tape is a common replacement for a busted side window and red cellophane tape for a broke/missing tail light lens. And we only have to do annual emissions inspections once a car reaches a certain age.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 am Crangshaft1 has been banned.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

he had a good run. Link was up for long time.
I wonder if anyone over there followed your link to here.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:07 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am

19 months and almost 4. The rear facing seat is the problem. 4 year old gets in and out on his own no problem. So in a year this won't be an issue fingers crossed

Sold my 2 door GTI for this same reason and thought 4dr was the answer. Something take would be ideal.

When I have the van we tend to go more places.
:triggered: I forgot about the rf seat lyfe. Dont envy it, but it's just a distant memory for me just two yrs later. Hang in there, things get a lot better soon. Hats off to dads with babies. We get no credit and take the brunt of the bullshit.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:04 am

Higher ride, it'll be easier to lift a kiddo onto the seat than plunk them down and into a car.

Could get a crossover :doomed: I think they're rather ideal for this sort of crap.
Was thinking Turd pro 4runner but I know if get sick of that. Too big of a pendulum swing from what o really want.

I'll probably just stick it out for another 3 years at was the original plan and get a sport sedan.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:43 am

:wat:

It’s a work provided phone, and it’s old. I have a 6s that has been completely fine.
Good for you. Mine blows.
I mean, it’s an older phone, so it’s really a grain of salt. I don’t use mine for anything work related so that may also be a thing. S8 will def be better than a 6s
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:04 am

Was thinking Turd pro 4runner but I know if get sick of that. Too big of a pendulum swing from what o really want.

I'll probably just stick it out for another 3 years at was the original plan and get a sport sedan.
I love the new 4Runner. I really wish I'd taken the time to cross shop it with the Jeep
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 am

IMO, inspections get even more crucial in states that have icing problems and salt usage. PA checks, among other things, that light bulbs work, wipers are not torn, horn works, brake pads, battery performance, excessive rust, and tire tread depth.

Just about all of that is necessary to keep people in the cars and people around those cars safe over bad road conditions.
Wow. Illinois doesn't have any of that, either. The level of :fullretard: beaters here is :disgust: Plastic garbage bags and duct tape is a common replacement for a busted side window and red cellophane tape for a broke/missing tail light lens. And we only have to do annual emissions inspections once a car reaches a certain age.
That's how it is in Commifornia.. You used to just get the smog check waived for the first 7 years if it was a new vehicle, but now you pay the state a $20 "smog abatement fee".. so instead of paying an independent shop/person $20, you have to give that money to the government :triggered:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 am

I love the new 4Runner. I really wish I'd taken the time to cross shop it with the Jeep
Badass

SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 am

Badass

Yup. I love white cars for looking clean, but these look so sick all blacked out. That whorange looks good too doe.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 am

That's how it is in Commifornia.. You used to just get the smog check waived for the first 7 years if it was a new vehicle, but now you pay the state a $20 "smog abatement fee".. so instead of paying an independent shop/person $20, you have to give that money to the government :triggered:
Hmm. When we do get smog checked we don't pay anything.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am

Hmm. When we do get smog checked we don't pay anything.
You don't pay a shop to do the smog check for you?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I :wub: mah Colorado. Super easy to get the kiddo in her car seat, rear-facing behind the passenger seat. Wifey still has room to move the seat forward if she needed to. It probably has a lot to do with the height, I can get her buckled in her seat in no-time and I'm barely bending down, aside from picking her up into the seat. Will be easier when she goes forward-facing.

I'm averaging right above 18mpg in my usual commute driving. If I'm running some highway slab for awhile it bumps over 22mpg.