OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:31 am In KY it was free by law. Never thought about it in meatchicken
There are only 5-6 states with any specific windshield repair/replacement laws, all others go through comprehensive.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am How much does a new windshield cost without insurance?
$200-500 which :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:46 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am How much does a new windshield cost without insurance?
So 200 for the deductible and 70 a year for policy....are you replacing a window once a year?

The risk seems worth it I guess, until it isn't
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:08 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:46 pm

So 200 for the deductible and 70 a year for policy....are you replacing a window once a year?

well, at worst I will pay $232/6 months if I use the deductible, compared to $500.

I had never had an issue before in Florida but this car is 5 months old and already needs a windshield. I would rather see if it pays off and change it if it doesn't. remember that $200 deductible for comprehensive is not for windows/windshields only, but anything else that is not within my control.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:08 pm

well, at worst I will pay $232/6 months if I use the deductible, compared to $500.

I had never had an issue before in Florida but this car is 5 months old and already needs a windshield. I would rather see if it pays off and change it if it doesn't. remember that $200 deductible for comprehensive is not for windows/windshields only, but anything else that is not within my control.
If you use it that much it won't be 232 for long
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 pm

comprehensive claims don't affect your premium, brah.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

4zilch wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:27 am Congrats on the :balls: snip Tarspin. I had mine in the spring, couldn’t be happier.
Thanks bro, day two is pretty easy. Sore in the lower abdomen after a couple hrs of sitting in a chair so I took a Tylenol 3 where an extra strength advil would suffice but besides that its NBD. I'm definitely looking forward to the future care free lifestyle.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:41 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:30 pm

comprehensive claims don't affect your premium, brah.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Afternoon fellas, I'm back from vacation :)
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Barnes93cb wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:12 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:52 am

Uninstall, reinstall, check settings?
I’m an idiot anyway.

Not tapatalk. Just my phone browser.
I just use my phones browser for dfd, I only use tapatalk for posting pics
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:31 am In KY it was free by law. Never thought about it in meatchicken
Rudy told me the same for FL and I personally did not know free replacements even exists :mindblown:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:22 pm
Rudy told me the same for FL and I personally did not know free replacements even exists :mindblown:
Only Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky are free replacements. Arizona, New York, and Massachusetts they offer special "glass/windshield" policies as an addendum to comprehensive coverage. All other states do it through comprehensive.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:33 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Only Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky are free replacements. Arizona, New York, and Massachusetts they offer special "glass/windshield" policies as an addendum to comprehensive coverage. All other states do it through comprehensive.
Essentially no inspection to very lenient on vehicle inspection states
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:37 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:33 pm

tbh, I may just :mahtroy: the windshield until Spring, b/cuz inspection. But, :iono: :notsure:

Better to get it done asap.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:40 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:37 pm

tbh, I may just :mahtroy: the windshield until Spring, b/cuz inspection. But, :iono: :notsure:

IF that shit continously spreads i would fucking do it, especially it may shatter out of nowhere in matter of time

My uncle done it the mahtroy way for his evo and sold it to next owner with it, he was aint care too
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:44 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:40 pm

IF that shit continously spreads i would fucking do it, especially it may shatter out of nowhere in matter of time

My uncle done it the mahtroy way for his evo and sold it to next owner with it, he was aint care too
Yeah it’ll get replaced soon.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:00 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 pm If anybody needs some storage space, let me know. Just found this in a drawer

that bitch was like 60 bucks in 2002
The first SD card we bought for our first digital camera was 256mb and cost $70.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 pm
wap wrote:
:hai:

:whalecum: back.

I just got back from 8 :fuckyeah: days in Switzerland. :crang: never showed up here as :fax: said he would. :narc: got his windshield cracked. :[user not found]: just had another :baby: , and Tarspin got his :balls: snipped.
Just read your Lobster review. :notbad:
5/7 synopsis.

How was Switzerland? I absolutely loved that country. Super :waxer: though, a basic meal for two starts at like $90.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks.

We loved Switzerland. Spent 4 days each in Zurich and Geneva and took day trips to Lucerne, Bern, Lausanne, and Montreux. All were beautiful cities/towns but I really liked Lucerne. You're right about it being spendy. I think we averaged about $80-$100/meal so your memory is spot on. The only reason we went this year is because we were able to use miles to buy our plane tickets so we ended up paying about the same price for this trip as we would have to another country including air fare.

Check out my travel thread. I've got a bunch of pictures up and I've got a few more still to post, plus some random car pics that I'll put in the interesting car spotted thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=170&start=175
wap

I paid $139 installed for my Mk4's windshield about 9-10 years ago. They came to my work and installed it in the parking lot. :notbad:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Depends on who installs it and if it’s factory glass.

Aftermarket windshield from a glass company... $300-400.

Factory windshield on a Macan installed by a Porsche tech including recalibration of the cameras and sensors... $2900.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:truk: is still ridin’ dirty with a cracked windshield.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 pm 5/7 synopsis.

How was Switzerland? I absolutely loved that country. Super :waxer: though, a basic meal for two starts at like $90.

Thanks.

We loved Switzerland. Spent 4 days each in Zurich and Geneva and took day trips to Lucerne, Bern, Lausanne, and Montreux. All were beautiful cities/towns but I really liked Lucerne. You're right about it being spendy. I think we averaged about $80-$100/meal so your memory is spot on. The only reason we went this year is because we were able to use miles to buy our plane tickets so we ended up paying about the same price for this trip as we would have to another country including air fare.

Check out my travel thread. I've got a bunch of pictures up and I've got a few more still to post, plus some random car pics that I'll put in the interesting car spotted thread.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=170&start=175
Awesome man! I'm really glad we chose Lucerne. We were trying to see a big variety on our trip so we hit five countries. We did two nights in Zurich so we only had one day trip in Switzerland and chose Lucerne, but it was tough to decide because all of the options looked incredible. IIRC accessibility from Zurich was one of the deciding factors. That place is really special though.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote:
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:08 pm So 200 for the deductible and 70 a year for policy....are you replacing a window once a year?

Seems not worth adding the lower comprehensive deductible to me. You save $300 per claim, so you have to make a claim every six years for that to be financially viable. I've had my license for 14 years and I've never made a comprehensive claim.

Self insure where possible, insurance is only for catastrophic instances, IMO. The insurance companies are in the biz of making money after all. Just my unsolicited opinion.

razr390

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:25 pm
razr390 wrote:

Seems not worth adding the lower comprehensive deductible to me. You save $300 per claim, so you have to make a claim every six years for that to be financially viable. I've had my license for 14 years and I've never made a comprehensive claim.

Self insure where possible, insurance is only for catastrophic instances, IMO. The insurance companies are in the biz of making money after all. Just my unsolicited opinion.

I mean, the difference between it is $5.5 a month. It’s not a big deal. DMV roads are shit and I have more rock chips on my hood in 5 months since owning this GTI than I’ve had in 4 years of my MK6 in SoFlo.

It’s definitely a regional thing and based on the road conditions of where you’re based out of.

Your anecdote, while appreciates, is irrelevant to me. (I had damage on the MK6 from a windstorm that I repaired myself but if I had made a comprehensive claim through insurance would’ve required the whole rear quarter panel to be repainted, all since moving here in Virginia).

But yeah, luckily I can change it instantaneously so I will rock the $200 deductible for comprehensive and see whether I need it or not.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:25 pm Seems not worth adding the lower comprehensive deductible to me. You save $300 per claim, so you have to make a claim every six years for that to be financially viable. I've had my license for 14 years and I've never made a comprehensive claim.

I mean, the difference between it is $5.5 a month. It’s not a big deal. DMV roads are shit and I have more rock chips on my hood in 5 months since owning this GTI than I’ve had in 4 years of my MK6 in SoFlo.

It’s definitely a regional thing and based on the road conditions of where you’re based out of.

Your anecdote, while appreciates, is irrelevant to me. (I had damage on the MK6 from a windstorm that I repaired myself but if I had made a comprehensive claim through insurance would’ve required the whole rear quarter panel to be repainted, all since moving here in Virginia).

But yeah, luckily I can change it instantaneously so I will rock the $200 deductible for comprehensive and see whether I need it or not.
I PPF the :gorf: , unfortunately I'm going to take off the partial hood and put a full coverage piece on before winter. Got a nasty stone graze the hood about 2/3 of the way up and thankfully only scraped back the clear but still have all the blue paint still intact. Where i live is exceptionally bad for that shit, and whatever I've covered is still 💯. It's never too late IMO