Immigrants Welcome!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:03 pm
Thedude wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:00 pm

No because personality is largely determined by all things you choose to consciously or unconsciously identify with. For example, would you expect that people who identify themselves with pop culture, music, art, and comedy would have a much looser free flowing whimsical personality (or at least far less rigid) than one who identifies themselves with military, law, and politics?
Sure. But did they choose one or another of those or were they predisposed to gravitate toward one vs the other?
Nature v nature and all that. Predisposed gravitation would be a form of unconscious choice. Exactly why it was an unconscious choice to begin with can have many answers. I do know that one has the ability to become conscious of every choice.

It may be that your personality is also yours but not you. In the end personality solely serves a social purpose. Without social expression personality wouldn't even exist. It really is just a social tool for your existence to utilize to your advantage.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:06 pm
Thedude wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:03 pm I'll just that I've observed my own personality change at various periods in my life where I began to shed old identities and form new ones. My innate tendencies, however, tend to remain flat unless a certain amount of focus is put into modifying them. So even that can change to a degree.
That was the acid Dude
Psychadelics helped facilitate changing identities in that they 1.) helped me become aware of them in the first place and 2.) I could see which ones were less beautiful than others and I could hone in on what to weed out.

I did shed my religious identity long before psychedelics entered the picture though and that was one of the more prominent ones.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

If you go deep enough it's a strange game to play... I actually got to a point where I shed all identities and it was weird because I did this over a period of time where I'd continue with the daily routine job, hobbies, relationships, etc. and it essentially had the effect of making me question everything I was doing.

Baseball is a great example. When I identified strongly with it I'd show up to manage/play games with a certain fire in my belly. But after shedding that identity it was no more interesting to me than painting nails. No more fire. It was now an act. So I meditated on it and had to decide to continue or not. I chose to continue for a variety of reasons and came to the realization that having that fire in my belly was essential to be successful. And so I resurrected the identity I had with baseball that I had shed and now use it as a tool to my advantage rather than some unconscious force.

This led to me doing the same in other aspects of life with other identities. Most identities I did discard though. Like identifying with a political party, for example... that's just pure tribalism at this point.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Thedude wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:33 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:06 pm

That was the acid Dude
Psychadelics helped facilitate changing identities in that they 1.) helped me become aware of them in the first place and 2.) I could see which ones were less beautiful than others and I could hone in on what to weed out.

I did shed my religious identity long before psychedelics entered the picture though and that was one of the more prominent ones.
So when are you going to Peru for some ayahuasca?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Thedude wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:29 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Sure. But did they choose one or another of those or were they predisposed to gravitate toward one vs the other?
Nature v nature and all that. Predisposed gravitation would be a form of unconscious choice. Exactly why it was an unconscious choice to begin with can have many answers. I do know that one has the ability to become conscious of every choice.

It may be that your personality is also yours but not you. In the end personality solely serves a social purpose. Without social expression personality wouldn't even exist. It really is just a social tool for your existence to utilize to your advantage.
How?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:51 pm
Thedude wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:29 pm

How?
By waking up. Gotta be woke lol

First things first... you have to create a strong intent to do so and create enough drive to go down the path.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

If we can start talking cars and videogames in here by page 10, this thread will epitomize DFD :fuckyeah: