WFM2018: THE POWL - It's time to choose who is the worst of us all!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

Mirror, mirror, on the wall... who is the worst of us all?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 am

Max225
24%
Big Brain Bradley
21%
Dubshow
3%
Nuggstein
11%
[user not found]
3%
Melon
3%
Sno
18%
Troyguitar
5%
[user not found]
3%
Gunkata
3%
KYGTIGuy
3%
NEEK
3%
Fledonfoot
3%

Total votes: 38
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 pm
Barnes93cb wrote:
I know you dont blame me. I guess just bad timing. I have been a punching bag the last few days. And this was one of the topics.

I wish we werent here. I would love to be at home. The state of our foreign policy is a mess. The state of the world is even worse. But I do not forsee things changing anytime soon.
Maybe you answered in another thread but how much has changed since cheeto-in-chief took over?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
As for our military posturing not too much.

An increase in strikes as an effort to finalize operations and return home from the middle east. The Taliban have begun to get pushed back. They came to the negotiating table and worked a cease fire. ISIS are but a sliver of what they once were. Radicalized and aggressive entities within the middle east are on their heels.

Yemen is a mess. Its one of the largest Human rights issues in the world. Its a huge support need. There are 8million displaced people making it one of the largest humanitarian operations.

Removal of our transgender policy. All those going through transition that was approved by President Obama were pretty much screwed. They were willing to do things on their own or suffer. But when approved it granted some happiness and support. Once that was removed many of them felt they would be persecuted again and a lot of medical care was then being denied they were recieving. Such as hormone therapy and mental help.

We shall see how the North Korea situation plays out. There was a chance that things would ramp up. But now it seems like a compromise and lowered tensions are on the horizon.

These may have come around regardless of the president. But you cant discount Trump. Everyone predicted WW3 but we have managed to avoid that. I cant say things would have gone the same under Hillary. And I wasnt a fan in the elections of either. So do not take my statements as a significant amount of bias towards a political party.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:I considered Max, Brad, and Nugg.

Max is too obvious? You can't vote for the same personality defects over and over. You came close though, man when your final salvo in your firefight with Brad was a grade school playgroundesque "You're fat." Weaksauce.

Nugg isn't really the worst forum member. He just fails universally, I think by voting him WFM you're
giving him credit where none is ever due.

Brad is this year's winner. Despite being sucked into domesticity beyond any scope of plausible deniability, trading in sports car for minivan, buying architecturally correct house with fancy glass door showing pass through to brickwork, potfillers, pumping out crotchfruit like a factory and the like, he continues to buck the tiger, buying an open wheel beetle with his brah Enrique, hating on those who does as he does be it river rock or anything else, because you know, only HE bears the burdens of domestic life on his shoulders.....all the freemen should be living in an airplane hanger drinking beer, wrenching on cars and airboats, and drinking beer. Also fairly arrogant dispersal of engineering fax in a :gtfo: sort of fashion. For 2018 Brad, this Bud's for you. You are the Champion.
Damn, you must really earn your money lawyering. Nice work.
Barnes93cb

Barnes93cb wrote:
I know you dont blame me. I guess just bad timing. I have been a punching bag the last few days. And this was one of the topics.

I wish we werent here. I would love to be at home. The state of our foreign policy is a mess. The state of the world is even worse. But I do not forsee things changing anytime soon.
Maybe you answered in another thread but how much has changed since cheeto-in-chief took over?

Also the concept of the space force is back on the table. Its recieved with criticism by senior leadership. An additional military branch would be a large undertaking. It would be expensive. But I can also see the value and merit of the branch. I dont totally agree with it. Many of those functions already fall under the Air Force. We could continue them and pick up some of the additional ideas and responsibilities. We would just need more money and manning. But still less than standing up a new branch of the military.

And no Space Force is not to create a death star or militarize Mars. Its about cyberspace, sattellites, and many other topics that are likely classified beyond our understanding. Space and cyberspace are the future of war. Eventually we will not be fighting ideology or individuals. We will begin fighting networks, banks, government systems. Its going to be a totally different animal. Of course kinetic strikes and troop movement will always be around. But I expect a shift of primary effort within my time in the military.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote:I considered Max, Brad, and Nugg.

Max is too obvious? You can't vote for the same personality defects over and over. You came close though, man when your final salvo in your firefight with Brad was a grade school playgroundesque "You're fat." Weaksauce.

Nugg isn't really the worst forum member. He just fails universally, I think by voting him WFM you're
giving him credit where none is ever due.

Brad is this year's winner. Despite being sucked into domesticity beyond any scope of plausible deniability, trading in sports car for minivan, buying architecturally correct house with fancy glass door showing pass through to brickwork, potfillers, pumping out crotchfruit like a factory and the like, he continues to buck the tiger, buying an open wheel beetle with his brah Enrique, hating on those who does as he does be it river rock or anything else, because you know, only HE bears the burdens of domestic life on his shoulders.....all the freemen should be living in an airplane hanger drinking beer, wrenching on cars and airboats, and drinking beer. Also fairly arrogant dispersal of engineering fax in a :gtfo: sort of fashion. For 2018 Brad, this Bud's for you. You are the Champion.
Damn, you must really earn your money lawyering. Nice work.
Ha ha, its fun on here man. More SRSBZNS otherwise.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 pm

An increase in strikes as an effort to finalize operations and return home from the middle east. The Taliban have begun to get pushed back. They came to the negotiating table and worked a cease fire. ISIS are but a sliver of what they once were. Radicalized and aggressive entities within the middle east are on their heels.

Yemen is a mess. Its one of the largest Human rights issues in the world. Its a huge support need. There are 8million displaced people making it one of the largest humanitarian operations.

Removal of our transgender policy. All those going through transition that was approved by President Obama were pretty much screwed. They were willing to do things on their own or suffer. But when approved it granted some happiness and support. Once that was removed many of them felt they would be persecuted again and a lot of medical care was then being denied they were recieving. Such as hormone therapy and mental help.

We shall see how the North Korea situation plays out. There was a chance that things would ramp up. But now it seems like a compromise and lowered tensions are on the horizon.

These may have come around regardless of the president. But you cant discount Trump. Everyone predicted WW3 but we have managed to avoid that. I cant say things would have gone the same under Hillary. And I wasnt a fan in the elections of either. So do not take my statements as a significant amount of bias towards a political party.
Everyone seems to remember him saying to take out the families at one of those rallies. I assumed nothing like that would never be implemented in the rules of engagement.

The whole North Korea deal is probably bullshit.

I thought both candidates sucked massively.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Also the concept of the space force is back on the table. Its recieved with criticism by senior leadership. An additional military branch would be a large undertaking. It would be expensive. But I can also see the value and merit of the branch. I dont totally agree with it. Many of those functions already fall under the Air Force. We could continue them and pick up some of the additional ideas and responsibilities. We would just need more money and manning. But still less than standing up a new branch of the military.

And no Space Force is not to create a death star or militarize Mars. Its about cyberspace, sattellites, and many other topics that are likely classified beyond our understanding. Space and cyberspace are the future of war. Eventually we will not be fighting ideology or individuals. We will begin fighting networks, banks, government systems. Its going to be a totally different animal. Of course kinetic strikes and troop movement will always be around. But I expect a shift of primary effort within my time in the military.
Yeah, there is serious value in mapping an enemy's satellites and destroying them in a time of war. Or conducting cyber attacks since the entire world is run by the cloud at this point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Calvinball wrote:
Well, go find me a post of his here that didn’t totally suck.

I’ll be waiting.
The ones asking whether he could fit 2 monitors on his desk were fantastic. How the fuck he has a high paying technical job is a mystery.
:dat:

:crang: is a useless sack of :poop: but his posts are fucking great. I like them just like I loved the "Jersey Shore" shows on MTV in 2010.
Barnes93cb

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Everyone seems to remember him saying to take out the families at one of those rallies. I assumed nothing like that would never be implemented in the rules of engagement.

The whole North Korea deal is probably bullshit.

I thought both candidates sucked massively.
As much as some people might want you to think theyre tough and heartless in the military. But ive seen more men have to walk away and go be alone after a child gets hurt than I care to remember. Its never easy to see someone hurt that was innocent. The feeling you get when you know you had a hand in that pain and in that suffering of others is not easy. WE in the military would overall not be supportive. Im sure there are those who would do whatever. But as a majority it would not go well.

Plus could you imagine the worlds view of us if we implemented that. WE would be sanctioned. No president wants that. Not member of congress wants that. And no general officer wants to be responsible for slaughtering an entire city.
Barnes93cb

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:50 pm

Yeah, there is serious value in mapping an enemy's satellites and destroying them in a time of war. Or conducting cyber attacks since the entire world is run by the cloud at this point.
This may be one of the more important military posts this forum has seen. I wont get into details, but yes.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

The space force thing actually seems plausible. Splintering off the section of the air force that already does it could make sense but why? Doesn't seem necessary. Like you said, it'd be insanely expensive.

Like that X37B space plane that stays in orbit for over a year at a time doing who knows what. The cyberspace battle is already here. Just look at the Russians and the Chinese.

A death star would be cool doe.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Skynet! What could possibly go wrong?
Barnes93cb

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 am

The space force thing actually seems plausible. Splintering off the section of the air force that already does it could make sense but why? Doesn't seem necessary. Like you said, it'd be insanely expensive.

Like that X37B space plane that stays in orbit for over a year at a time doing who knows what. The cyberspace battle is already here. Just look at the Russians and the Chinese.

A death star would be cool doe.
Them being a separate military branch would allow them to have an equal seat at the table which would grant more authority and ability to interact with congress. As a subcomponent of the Air Force they are less powerful and subject to being jerked around a bit easier to fit the Air Force overall need and desires. Which may not align with the space/cyber campaign.
Barnes93cb

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 am Skynet! What could possibly go wrong?
Engine seals will fail. And will flood the boosters.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:01 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 pm

I don't' find the callous killing of brown people by my government to be the least bit funny. We've been doing it for decades now and I'm tired of it.
And my jokes arent serious. I do everything I can to minimize the taking of another human life. I spend 70+ hours a week attempting to spill as little blood as possible. But if I dont make a joke about it. I will lose my shit. You can only humanize a target so much. Once you attribute a name and family things get much worse. I refuse to go down what path that might lead.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Barnes93cb

4zilch wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:01 pm

And my jokes arent serious. I do everything I can to minimize the taking of another human life. I spend 70+ hours a week attempting to spill as little blood as possible. But if I dont make a joke about it. I will lose my shit. You can only humanize a target so much. Once you attribute a name and family things get much worse. I refuse to go down what path that might lead.
You should have used this on my comment about the children that was earlier. Youre about three posts too late.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

golfsedan16 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 pm Gay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mommy couldn’t get you this nomination, sorry hun.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:crang: is not even posting. those six crangs need to come over to team Big Brain Bradley/ team groupthink

plus I've posted this and you can not unsee it

brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:57 am :crang: is not even posting. those six crangs need to come over to team Big Brain Bradley/ team groupthink

plus I've posted this and you can not unsee it

Its acutally blocked at work. I cannot see it. HA!!!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Vote updated. :fax: wants this too much doe, so it's not for him.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am Vote updated. :fax: wants this too much doe, so it's not for him.
a vote for not crang is effectively a vote for me. #politics.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 am
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am Vote updated. :fax: wants this too much doe, so it's not for him.
a vote for not crang is effectively a vote for me. #politics.
:notsure:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Campaigning for votes is an interesting defense mechanism....

:therapist:

:trollface:
Barnes93cb

Im still sticking with fled.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Barnes93cb wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:09 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm not blaming you, please understand. I blame the situation we put ourselves in that installed you in your current job. It's shitty and pointless.

:dat: :(

It's all fucking Scalia's fault.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 am
golfsedan16 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 pm Gay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mommy couldn’t get you this nomination, sorry hun.
"But I WAAAAANNNT it!" :fshitup:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.