OT 14: No Luck for Old Men

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Totally spaced out last night and forgot to cook my rice for today. Didn't think about it before I left for the gym or when I got home since I'm used to it just being ready in my rice cooker. Ended up just brining the rice cooker to work and I've got it plugged in at my desk cooking away for me lol. Fresh, warm rice all day today.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am Totally spaced out last night and forgot to cook my rice for today. Didn't think about it before I left for the gym or when I got home since I'm used to it just being ready in my rice cooker. Ended up just brining the rice cooker to work and I've got it plugged in at my desk cooking away for me lol. Fresh, warm rice all day today.
Nice that your office allows that. We don’t allow cooking of any kind by “brought” in appliances due to fire safety issues.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 am Totally spaced out last night and forgot to cook my rice for today. Didn't think about it before I left for the gym or when I got home since I'm used to it just being ready in my rice cooker. Ended up just brining the rice cooker to work and I've got it plugged in at my desk cooking away for me lol. Fresh, warm rice all day today.
Nice that your office allows that. We don’t allow cooking of any kind by “brought” in appliances due to fire safety issues.
I actually didn't even think about that. We have potlucks relatively often though and people plug in crockpots and such in the kitchen, so hopefully nobody cares about this. Things are pretty laid back here, so I don't forsee it being an issue to any of the higher ups.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am

I actually didn't even think about that. We have potlucks relatively often though and people plug in crockpots and such in the kitchen, so hopefully nobody cares about this. Things are pretty laid back here, so I don't forsee it being an issue to any of the higher ups.
Only difference re: potlucks may be between a common area (such as a kitchen) versus on your desk
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am

Only difference re: potlucks may be between a common area (such as a kitchen) versus on your desk
:word: It's only got 10 more minutes of cooking, so if they have a problem with it I can pull the cooked rice out and throw it in some of my tupperware and put it in the fridge and unplug the machine. We'll see what, if anything, is said.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 am
:word: It's only got 10 more minutes of cooking, so if they have a problem with it I can pull the cooked rice out and throw it in some of my tupperware and put it in the fridge and unplug the machine. We'll see what, if anything, is said.
You should be fine. Wasn’t me bitching but rather letting you know they may say something.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Was the rice cooker company supplied?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390

4zilch wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:01 pm
He deserves it.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:58 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 am

You should be fine. Wasn’t me bitching but rather letting you know they may say something.
Oh, I know. You brought up a good point though since I legit didn't even think about that when I brought it and plugged it in. Throwing it in the kitchen would have been the smart move.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

New work boots :disgust:
Johnny_P

4zilch wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:01 pm
The company supplied one is only for company business such as meetings and team building exercises. If you're snacking you better bring your own. IT monitors all keystrokes on those things.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:07 pm New work boots :disgust:
:neat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Making a Murderer 2 is coming to Netflix next month.

That dude was guilty AF.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:07 pm New work boots :disgust:
Not really. Ever break in a pair of real work boots? It's brutal for about a month.
SAWCE

I still need to pick up a decent pair of hiking boots.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:58 am

You can talk to your bossman about earning a corner spot, I’m sure he can vouch for that considering he argued with the diller on no holes for an impreza.
I mean, I have a good spot. It’s just people keep :sass: about how others are parked in their spaces whatever will we do?!?!
seems like a non-car person problem then :lol: and they'll get :howdareu: when you tell them you don't care about their car.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:22 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Not really. Ever break in a pair of real work boots? It's brutal for about a month.
Pay :manuel: to break them in for you
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:24 pm I still need to pick up a decent pair of hiking boots.
I bought Keen boots from REI a couple years ago and they've been great.

https://www.rei.com/product/868498/keen ... boots-mens

Hiked up rivers in them fully submerged, climbed a mountain on the Olympic Peninsula, hiked all around Asheville, etc. Waterproof is nice for stream crossings. They're warm enough to use in snow and are my go-to slush boots. Not too heavy and they still breathe a bit. I could use a new pair as I'm wearing the soles out from winter general duty. But they're all day comfortable and I have done plenty of 10+ mile days in them.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:24 pm I still need to pick up a decent pair of hiking boots.

Hiked up rivers in them fully submerged, climbed a mountain on the Olympic Peninsula, hiked all around Asheville, etc. Waterproof is nice for stream crossings. They're warm enough to use in snow and are my go-to slush boots. Not too heavy and they still breathe a bit. I could use a new pair as I'm wearing the soles out from winter general duty. But they're all day comfortable and I have done plenty of 10+ mile days in them.
Nice. They look durable. One of my sisters is big on backpacking and stuff and I'm pretty sure she uses Keen too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

KYGTIGuy wrote:Big annual Art Prize contest going on here in Grand Rapids. They got 4-5 hondas they painted up. Try to get a picture after work
Honda?!?! :megusta:
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Pay :manuel: to break them in for you
I think the sole on one of them is actually twisted. Like doesn't sit flat on the ground. :rolleyes: made in China pieces of shit.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:35 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Nice. They look durable. One of my sisters is big on backpacking and stuff and I'm pretty sure she uses Keen too.
Go to a place like REI or an outfitter store to buy. I tried on about 10 pair of boots before buying these. But a store like that will help you find what you want as far as weight, boot height, waterproof or not, etc.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm

The company supplied one is only for company business such as meetings and team building exercises. If you're snacking you better bring your own. IT monitors all keystrokes on those things.
Dem ricestrokes, doe.
My rice cooker sings when it's done. That would probably annoy the shit out of coworkers.
I love Japanese electronics.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:34 pm I bought Keen boots from REI a couple years ago and they've been great.

I have the Keen hiking sandal things. They're hideous but I love them. Unfortunately Allison's pair didn't hold up as well but they've been awesome in places like Hawaii where we've hiked a lot and there's lots of water.